Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby stan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:34 pm

MW wrote:Been reported yet another crowd incident at a Port game. This time allegedly a male Port supporter assaulted a female Melbourne cheer squad supporter
As been reported on Bigfooty at the moment. As expected I thought you spent time there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MW » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:41 pm

stan wrote:
MW wrote:Been reported yet another crowd incident at a Port game. This time allegedly a male Port supporter assaulted a female Melbourne cheer squad supporter
As been reported on Bigfooty at the moment. As expected I thought you spent time there.

No I got it from twitter...only slightly more reliable :lol:

Gee you really do have a severely sandy vag since Thursday night :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby stan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:15 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:

No I got it from twitter...only slightly more reliable [emoji38]

Gee you really do have a severely sandy vag since Thursday night [emoji38]
So ******* Sandy man. Like you wouldn't believe.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Trader » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:17 pm

whufc wrote:Port would have to be slightly worried about the crowd figure from this game.

Under 40k for a top four clash in prime time, perfect weather. According to Kane Cornes it was 8k under their budgeted figure. That some serious financial impact.

Crowd was over 40k.

But agreed, I thought they would have got another 5,000 through the gates.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 am

I took a Melbourne supporter mate with me, we waited for the game to start and seen a fair few empty seats and decided to use them, Melbourne scores the first goal, my mate claps so a dude in front of us and down a few seats demands to see our tickets but then gets us moved by security because I wouldn't show him, the security guard was apologetic as it was pretty pathetic, a few other spectators seen us during the game and also apologised to my mate.
The idiot then came up to us at half time to give us shit so I cut him off with some unpleasantries to which he left us giving another dig at my mate about his weight as he was 5 metres away.
Roll in another dickhead who thought it would be cool to try razzing my mate up, I went and had words with him to chill him out, he didn't but fortunately my mate just ignored it (I didn't think he could, he's a big lad and mad as a cut snake). I look over two minutes later and the same dude had blood all over his face, allegedly from another Port supporter who was in a similar boat to me, as disappointing as it was, it was gold, even all the Power supporters around us thought so (This happened in the Magarey Room at half time).
I'm not toffee, I do usually only attend now when I get tickets for the Box or Aldi Room, I certainly wont venture down if I'm there with friends from a rival club, you just can't go and enjoy a good game of footy anymore it seems.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I took a Melbourne supporter mate with me, we waited for the game to start and seen a fair few empty seats and decided to use them, Melbourne scores the first goal, my mate claps so a dude in front of us and down a few seats demands to see our tickets but then gets us moved by security because I wouldn't show him, the security guard was apologetic as it was pretty pathetic, a few other spectators seen us during the game and also apologised to my mate.
The idiot then came up to us at half time to give us shit so I cut him off with some unpleasantries to which he left us giving another dig at my mate about his weight as he was 5 metres away.
Roll in another dickhead who thought it would be cool to try razzing my mate up, I went and had words with him to chill him out, he didn't but fortunately my mate just ignored it (I didn't think he could, he's a big lad and mad as a cut snake). I look over two minutes later and the same dude had blood all over his face, allegedly from another Port supporter who was in a similar boat to me, as disappointing as it was, it was gold, even all the Power supporters around us thought so (This happened in the Magarey Room at half time).
I'm not toffee, I do usually only attend now when I get tickets for the Box or Aldi Room, I certainly wont venture down if I'm there with friends from a rival club, you just can't go and enjoy a good game of footy anymore it seems.

Disappointing to hear mate, sick and tired of people acting like idiots at our game and giving all of us a bad name.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 am

whufc wrote:Port would have to be slightly worried about the crowd figure from this game.

Under 40k for a top four clash in prime time, perfect weather. According to Kane Cornes it was 8k under their budgeted figure. That some serious financial impact.

Disappointing crowd. Looks like we're now at 40,000-42,000 top end crowd numbers. Again, bit of a let down considering how we are traveling.

Third home game in a row could have perhaps impacted upon the walk ups on the night. Lots would have come to the Richmond game, not many to the Bulldogs game given it was a Thursday night but I'm surprised at Friday nights number given the amount who stayed in front of the fire for the Bulldogs game.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:39 am

Booney wrote:
Disappointing to hear mate, sick and tired of people acting like idiots at our game and giving all of us a bad name.

Yeah it was, I was embarrassed as were the other Power supporters around us, such few amount of stem heads make tens of thousands of good people look silly.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah it was, I was embarrassed as were the other Power supporters around us, such few amount of stem heads make tens of thousands of good people look silly.

Add to that the mug who allegedly hit the Melbourne fan down the hill end and it's another dark night for a Port home game.

Getting sick of this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Add to that the mug who allegedly hit the Melbourne fan down the hill end and it's another dark night for a Port home game.

Getting sick of this.

Do you guys think the high alcohol price is making people load up with booze pre game at other venues to save some cash and it's contributing to crowd behaviour?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:08 am

No, because people will still have pre-drinks elsewhere regardless.. unfortunately some people are just dickheads and that’ll never change.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

Getting sick of this.

Do you guys think the high alcohol price is making people load up with booze pre game at other venues to save some cash and it's contributing to crowd behaviour?

I have and will never use alcohol as an excuse. If people can't hold their piss then they shouldn't drink.

I have a few, sometimes considerably more, at the footy and I've never belted anyone.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:10 am

mighty hounds wrote:Do you guys think the high alcohol price is making people load up with booze pre game at other venues to save some cash and it's contributing to crowd behaviour?

I have no doubt this is the case for some going to Port & Adelaide games.
I also have numerous Port/Crows mates who smuggle their own bourbon/scotch/vodka in to every home game.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:14 am

Spargo wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Do you guys think the high alcohol price is making people load up with booze pre game at other venues to save some cash and it's contributing to crowd behaviour?

I also have numerous Port/Crows mates who smuggle their own bourbon/scotch/vodka in to every home game.

I'd say lots of people do and not all of them belt people.

I'd guess the dickheads who get in a blue don't go to many games, probably blow ins who come from time to time only. I know for sure if ( and it won't happen ) I ever belted someone I'd never go back to my seats for the embarrassment and shame I'd be carrying.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 am

Spargo wrote:

I'm not surprised Spargo. $14 bucks for a spirit is absolute highway robbery. I've been to 3 interstate stadiums in the last 8 months and we get royally ripped off. SCG was $11.50 or $12.00, MCG $11.50 and i didn't have a spirit can at Optus stadium but they had craft beers available for $10 and we have to pay $9.80 for Supers or West End
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:16 am

If you give people an excuse, alcohol, they've got something to blame and as Bedge said, it's not the booze it's the dickhead downing the booze.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 am

Booney wrote:If you give people an excuse, alcohol, they've got something to blame and as Bedge said, it's not the booze it's the dickhead downing the booze.

yeh agree. I just changed path a little as i think the prices we pay are ******* ridiculous when i compared the prices
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:26 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Booney wrote:If you give people an excuse, alcohol, they've got something to blame and as Bedge said, it's not the booze it's the dickhead downing the booze.

yeh agree. I just changed path a little as i think the prices we pay are ******* ridiculous when i compared the prices

They certainly are, no doubt about it, but clearly it isn't a deterrent as people still down plenty while they're there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 am

Booney wrote:I have a few, sometimes considerably more, at the footy and I've never belted anyone.

Otherwise referred to as "conditioning" ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:46 am

We knocked down 3 stubbies each at home, 4 pints each at the Reepham, 2 cans each at the pre-match village as I didn't want to spend copius amounts at the game, probably end up spending more because of this though LOL.

At the end of the day, a bloke should be able to rock up to any game and have a few beers without being heckled or set upon by idiots, there's obviously enough CCTV's about to spot the peanuts and give them the rest of the year off, don't wait until they hit someone or get hit, piss them off before it gets to that.

I have a couple of mates that simply would not go to the game with nor do I mention when I get box tickets.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL