Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:25 pm

It is an excuse and I hate how often we do make excuses but we all know alcohol is a contributing factor to violence.

Port are no lone rangers here though as we have seen (purely based in the media) an increase in violence at Crows games as well.

I would love to know the stats on incidents at Footy Park to now at Adelaide Oval. Wouldn't take to much. It would take to much of an imagination to think how the city location
1. Allowing people to stay in the city after work and then head to the ground drinking more than they ordinarily would.
2. The (Bogan/Feral) element every club has can get pissed on cheap alcohol at home and then jump on the 1 train and head in.
3. The Hill, most violence I have seen over my years at AO has happened on the hill where obviously the bar is but where you also have the element of crowded, standing patrons, bumping into one another. Guys there just to chat up girls walking around etc. The 'nightclub' vibe it creates rather than the sit down vibe you get.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:28 pm

I hear about all this at AO but I can't say Ive had any issues (or at the former footy park)

I enjoy a bit of banter at the footy, but never had an issue with Port or Crows fans, you get a stunned look in the first 1/4 when they realise they don't have the full bay to their own supporters but most are great.

Maybe its a bit different when their team is under a bit of pressure on the scoreboard, haven't experienced that at AO yet, until this August at least ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:I hear about all this at AO but I can't say Ive had any issues (or at the former footy park)

I enjoy a bit of banter at the footy, but never had an issue with Port or Crows fans, you get a stunned look in the first 1/4 when they realise they don't have the full bay to their own supporters but most are great.

Maybe its a bit different when their team is under a bit of pressure on the scoreboard, haven't experienced that at AO yet, until this August at least ;)

Agree, I've never had issues with Port supporters. Crows supporters arrogance rubs me up the wrong way but I'm smart enough to not bother going to any games at any level that involve the Crows.
whufc
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:01 pm

whufc wrote:It is an excuse and I hate how often we do make excuses but we all know alcohol is a contributing factor to violence.

Port are no lone rangers here though as we have seen (purely based in the media) an increase in violence at Crows games as well.

I would love to know the stats on incidents at Footy Park to now at Adelaide Oval. Wouldn't take to much. It would take to much of an imagination to think how the city location
1. Allowing people to stay in the city after work and then head to the ground drinking more than they ordinarily would.
2. The (Bogan/Feral) element every club has can get pissed on cheap alcohol at home and then jump on the 1 train and head in.
3. The Hill, most violence I have seen over my years at AO has happened on the hill where obviously the bar is but where you also have the element of crowded, standing patrons, bumping into one another. Guys there just to chat up girls walking around etc. The 'nightclub' vibe it creates rather than the sit down vibe you get.

What a load of shit. When the last time the media reported crowd trouble at a Crows game?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:06 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I hear about all this at AO but I can't say Ive had any issues (or at the former footy park)

Agree, I've never had issues with Port supporters. Crows supporters arrogance rubs me up the wrong way but I'm smart enough to not bother going to any games at any level that involve the Crows.

And we thankyou for your contribution :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:09 pm

whufc wrote:

As a Cats supporter, I have had no issues with Power supporters but don't get me started on Crows supporters. Oh dear
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:12 pm

only in SAFooty does a discussion surrounding crowd violence at Port games turn into a Crow bagging :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:12 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
whufc wrote:It is an excuse and I hate how often we do make excuses but we all know alcohol is a contributing factor to violence.

What a load of shit. When the last time the media reported crowd trouble at a Crows game?
That's because crow supporters hurt you with words like "No more apricot slice for you"

Just brutal people.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:14 pm

stan wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

That's because crow supporters hurt you with words like "No more apricot slice for you"

Just brutal people.

Still sandy Stan? ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:14 pm

MW wrote:
whufc wrote:

And we thankyou for your contribution :lol:

The old saying 'never argue with a fool people might not know the difference' applies at Crows game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJqjE8dWbUk
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:17 pm

The way we are playing at the moment you lot and your sandy vags should be lining up to watch your team take us apart...but if some old dear hurt your feelings in the crowd, you should stay at home :lol: :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:19 pm

MW wrote:The way we are playing at the moment you lot and your sandy vags should be lining up to watch your team take us apart...but if some old dear hurt your feelings in the crowd, you should stay at home :lol: :lol:

Funny hearing a centrals supporter talk about crowd issues. Been going to the footy since 95 and the worse I've seen was at Footy Park with the amount of fights the Centrals supporters would try and start at the GF's
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:35 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
MW wrote:The way we are playing at the moment you lot and your sandy vags should be lining up to watch your team take us apart...but if some old dear hurt your feelings in the crowd, you should stay at home :lol: :lol:

Funny hearing a centrals supporter talk about crowd issues. Been going to the footy since 95 and the worse I've seen was at Footy Park with the amount of fights the Centrals supporters would try and start at the GF's

Agree Centrals had some absolutely horrendous supporters and could definitely understand why some people would not have gone to game against them. From my personal point of view I grew up in the Elizabeth area so knew who the nutjobs were and who to avoid.

I still find the Crows supporters the worst for trying to have some friendly banter with in the AFL by far. I've actually always enjoyed the Essendon supporters, you have a crack at one of their players and next thing you know the Essendon fan is arm in arm with you having a crack at him as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 pm

whufc wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Agree Centrals had some absolutely horrendous supporters and could definitely understand why some people would not have gone to game against them. From my personal point of view I grew up in the Elizabeth area so knew who the nutjobs were and who to avoid.

I still find the Crows supporters the worst for trying to have some friendly banter with in the AFL by far. I've actually always enjoyed the Essendon supporters, you have a crack at one of their players and next thing you know the Essendon fan is arm in arm with you having a crack at him as well.

Us Essendon fans love teeing off at our own if they deserve it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby stan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:13 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
stan wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Just brutal people.

Still sandy Stan? ;)
Beryl and Marg the nasty bitches wouldn't give me any apricot slice a few years back.

Bloody butches. Tough old crowd the crow grannies.

;)

P.s this is satire, I do not like apricot nor do I have a Sandy vag.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:26 pm

stan wrote:P.s this is satire, I do not like apricot nor do I have a Sandy vag.

1/3 of this is true, 1/3 is up for debate and 1/3 has been so since Thursday night.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby stan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Booney wrote:

1/3 of this is true, 1/3 is up for debate and 1/3 has been so since Thursday night.
#dickinyourass
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:29 pm

stan wrote:
Booney wrote:

#dickinyourass

Hey, maybe Thursday was the first time you tried apricots.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Booney wrote:
Hey, maybe Thursday was the first time you tried apricots.

It looked like a peach
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 pm

I hate apricots...go figure
MW
Coach