The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Reddeer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:16 am

UK Fan wrote:Thanks for calling a press conference on a Saturday at 3Pm whilst sanfl games are on crows.

Pretty much shows what regard they have for the SANFL Zilch
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am

Reddeer wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Thanks for calling a press conference on a Saturday at 3Pm whilst sanfl games are on crows.

Pretty much shows what regard they have for the SANFL Zilch

Promised to promote us at every opportunity.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby MW » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 pm

The bastards
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Was one of the reason to make it a 10 team comp was to eliminate the bye and have continuity and a live table week to week. Once again the AFL sides play next week so the tables are not reflective of the comp and 6 other sides have a bye.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:53 pm

goddy11 wrote:Was one of the reason to make it a 10 team comp was to eliminate the bye and have continuity and a live table week to week. Once again the AFL sides play next week so the tables are not reflective of the comp and 6 other sides have a bye.

Way too many byes, but of course it is critical that the AFL cancers have a bye to match their superiors :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm

sib wrote:Seriously this Ravens crap is getting old. They are the crows. Just like Port are power and not magpies and shouldnt be called magpies. Most of us crows supporters follow an SANFL club like I do with Norwood so that is why there is no support. I support both but most people wouldnt. The preference for me would be an AFL Reserves comp. This though would destroy the SANFL even more as the AFL clubs would need larger lists and where do you think they will get the players from. From the SANFL, WAFL NEAFL etc. This would destroy the SANFL even more as it would become nothing more than an amatuer league comp. So people wanting crows and port out be careful on what you wish for as it will happen soon and the SANFL will be worse for it all though crows and port will become better for it.

You would think all these people would have better things to do than go on about the Crows and Port having a reserves team in the SANFL. Its like a broken record. Maybe we should get them all a bridge building set for xmas so they can build one and the the **** over it.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Who else will they blame for the demise of their league?
MW
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:44 pm

MW wrote:Who else will they blame for the demise of their league?

Maybe just maybe the other clubs can actually try and get people to the games and to purchase memberships. The whinge about the port and crows teams and how they wont go and watch their club play. They dont play them every week. Why dont they go and watch their beloved teams when they play the other 7 clubs. I would think out of an 18 game season they only play the AFL teams maybe 4 times in total so why don tthey go support their beloved club for the other 14 rounds. or are they gonna be like a kid who didnt get heir lollie and cry on the floor and say boo hoo i hate the AFL sides
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:49 pm

You've got 413 pages of reasons to read!
MW
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:04 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:

Maybe just maybe the other clubs can actually try and get people to the games and to purchase memberships. The whinge about the port and crows teams and how they wont go and watch their club play. They dont play them every week. Why dont they go and watch their beloved teams when they play the other 7 clubs. I would think out of an 18 game season they only play the AFL teams maybe 4 times in total so why don tthey go support their beloved club for the other 14 rounds. or are they gonna be like a kid who didnt get heir lollie and cry on the floor and say boo hoo i hate the AFL sides

Which part of centrals voted no. The club coach and our board have publicly stated on more than one occasion we hate the current set up.

So we are supporting our clubs stance against the league but not attending to prove cdfc is correct.

The crows(60000 members) have the lowest attendance in the league. If that’s not fans already doing what youve suggested 4 years into the debate I’m not sure What is.

Finger on the pulse as always.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Our leagues demise didn’t cause this Einstein.

Maybe an afl clubs/one clubs demise in supporter base/ability to make a profit was the catalyst .

Keep attempting to lay the boot in at every opportunity you Self indulgent w......

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:27 pm

vote with your feet...oh wait you already did that...
MW
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:25 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:

why would we? its just practice matches. there is no meaning to the league. ill happily be like the kid who didnt get a lollie and have a tantrum, no problem there.
but again hollywood, there are real genuine reasons that we have against the AFL reserves, which is basically that most Clubs had already made up their decision leading into the so called Members Meeting.
so by not attending the matches, we are exercising our right to protest.
and if the league disappears, or the GFC goes into the oblivion, then so be it.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:17 pm

UK Fan wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

Which part of centrals voted no. The club coach and our board have publicly stated on more than one occasion we hate the current set up.

So we are supporting our clubs stance against the league but not attending to prove cdfc is correct.

The crows(60000 members) have the lowest attendance in the league. If that’s not fans already doing what youve suggested 4 years into the debate I’m not sure What is.

Finger on the pulse as always.

U.K.

The pair of them are on here having a whinge because they don't like what we are saying about their clubs.

Just give them a bit of space.
What they REALLY need to hear is that just because their clubs are responsible for the demise of our league, DOES NOT MEAN we think any less of their supporters as people.
Everyone has a little bundle of joy inside of themselves that just needs to be appreciated.
So watch out Hollywood and MW, if I see you on the street, I just might give you a HUG and say "You know what? You're a GOOD PERSON!"
Please don't confuse our wish for your teams to stop using our league for practice drills as ANY INDICMENT on you as people.

THERE!
Better now?
Luv: Therisingblues
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 pm

I'll have what he's having
MW
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

why would we? its just practice matches. there is no meaning to the league. ill happily be like the kid who didnt get a lollie and have a tantrum, no problem there.
but again hollywood, there are real genuine reasons that we have against the AFL reserves, which is basically that most Clubs had already made up their decision leading into the so called Members Meeting.

It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:59 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:

It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.
Well theyve destroyed it.
Not delivered on promises etc..

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 am

There some bullshit
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:49 am

hollywood7477 wrote:It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.

So you're putting it on the supporters even though you've just highlighted poor governance by the SANFL?

You blokes can sit there smugly because the clubs YOU love are in the big league, guaranteed survival and relevance by the bulging wallet of the AFL. No problem with that, good luck to you, but don't sit there judging other clubs and their supporters that aren't afforded the same luxury.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:49 am

JK wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.

So you're putting it on the supporters even though you've just highlighted poor governance by the SANFL?

You blokes can sit there smugly because the clubs YOU love are in the big league, guaranteed survival and relevance by the bulging wallet of the AFL. No problem with that, good luck to you, but don't sit there judging other clubs and their supporters that aren't afforded the same luxury.

Im a West Coast Supporter. The club you support Norwood are guaranteed survival because you dont have a salary cap like the other clubs in the SANFL
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL