St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:One might be forgiven for thinling that this happens with such monotonous regularity in the ammos that the heirachy actually love the bit of me time they get in the media when they hand down such a penalty.

Surely you'd had a skinful when you posted this? Do you really think that JK would take pride in having to front the media to deliver such news that the board had decided on?
It's a blight on the AdFL so I'm sure they'd prefer to get through each season unscathed from the media, I do hope Salisbury North bounce back (and I'm sure they will) and I do hope that Stengle's punishment is reduced to allow him to continue to play in the AdFL.
My grassroot club has been on the arse end of simmilar sanctions and it changed their culture immensely all the way through to the spectators who'd pull others spectators up for anything that could go against the club.

Agree, I think Smithfield is a success story of the system in place working.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 pm

whufc wrote:

Rosie's have bounced back well.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby carey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:One might be forgiven for thinling that this happens with such monotonous regularity in the ammos that the heirachy actually love the bit of me time they get in the media when they hand down such a penalty.

Surely you'd had a skinful when you posted this? Do you really think that JK would take pride in having to front the media to deliver such news that the board had decided on?
It's a blight on the AdFL so I'm sure they'd prefer to get through each season unscathed from the media, I do hope Salisbury North bounce back (and I'm sure they will) and I do hope that Stengle's punishment is reduced to allow him to continue to play in the AdFL.
My grassroot club has been on the arse end of simmilar sanctions and it changed their culture immensely all the way through to the spectators who'd pull others spectators up for anything that could go against the club.

Central United as well.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby the smokey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Have the League made a decision at this stage in regards to Salisbury North's points? Are they put back to zero and therefore only one other side will be relegated or have they not made any decisions around this at this stage.

If only one other side is going to be relegated massive game this week between GG & Iggies!!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:47 pm

the smokey wrote:Have the League made a decision at this stage in regards to Salisbury North's points? Are they put back to zero and therefore only one other side will be relegated or have they not made any decisions around this at this stage.

If only one other side is going to be relegated massive game this week between GG & Iggies!!

The ladder was adjusted last week and had SN on 2 pts. Its changed back now.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Fricky wrote:
the smokey wrote:Have the League made a decision at this stage in regards to Salisbury North's points? Are they put back to zero and therefore only one other side will be relegated or have they not made any decisions around this at this stage.

My guess would be that it's been adjusted back pending the appeal Salisbury North have lodged against Stengle's suspension.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:04 pm

There's probably more pressing issues to deal with right now, like the rules for clearances, as we approach June 30.

I believe the league is seeking member clubs input as to whether they allow internal transfers and if so, how many per club etc...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Fricky wrote:

My guess would be that it's been adjusted back pending the appeal Salisbury North have lodged against Stengle's suspension.

That would make sense.

I think that if SN do lose points and re-apply to come back in next season the relegated teams from Div 2 will be SN and whoever finishes 9th.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby FOOTY TALK » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:08 pm

drieman and cochrane from salisbury north played for freeling on the weekend. both played very well good players.
FOOTY TALK
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

There's probably more pressing issues to deal with right now, like the rules for clearances, as we approach June 30.

I believe the league is seeking member clubs input as to whether they allow internal transfers and if so, how many per club etc...

Would have thought it was fairly simple.
Player points apply.
As many as they want can go to the same club, however SN have the right to refuse clearances after the third to any one club.
Not sure what scenario would need new rules to apply.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm

What happens if the Stengle verdict gets over turned. That would throw a huge problem out there
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Might have had a few :D
I still reckon they like it, in a look at us, we are stamping out viloence kind of way.
Why is this not an issue in pretty much any other league in the state?
The more i watch the incident i reckon its a 2 weeker, you cant tell if it was a punch or a push, i think he has tried to push the tagger away and got him slightly higher than intended. I reckon thats the way it wouldve been interpreted had it been a club that wasnt on good behaviour. Hope Stebles appeal gets his suspension down graded but i highly doubt it. Imagine if it was changed to two weeks, seems a bit rough to kick a club out for that
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Philnotlil » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:47 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I still reckon they like it, in a look at us, we are stamping out viloence kind of way.
The more i watch the incident i reckon its a 2 weeker, you cant tell if it was a punch or a push, i think he has tried to push the tagger away and got him slightly higher than intended. I reckon thats the way it wouldve been interpreted had it been a club that wasnt on good behaviour. Hope Stebles appeal gets his suspension down graded but i highly doubt it. Imagine if it was changed to two weeks, seems a bit rough to kick a club out for that

*Reckless* / High /High still gets 4-5 on the sentencing matrix. Not sure you can have much fun arguing medium contact if he's been knocked out.

The 'two-weeker' doesn't exist in this age of video footage.
Philnotlil
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby phossil » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Wow

Thought we had issues in our league before seeing all this.

Obviously a lot happened that hasn't been listed on the forum and the Adelaide Football League surely must have agonised long and hard over what was best to do.

For the club, a huge task to bring it back to it's former high ranking. Like any good club though I 'm sure there is a group of diehard supporters that will take up the administrative challenge and swiftly lead the club back to acceptance and success. Footy needs all the strong clubs it can muster.
phossil
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:53 am

phossil wrote:Wow

Thought we had issues in our league before seeing all this.

Obviously a lot happened that hasn't been listed on the forum and the Adelaide Football League surely must have agonised long and hard over what was best to do.

For the club, a huge task to bring it back to it's former high ranking. Like any good club though I 'm sure there is a group of diehard supporters that will take up the administrative challenge and swiftly lead the club back to acceptance and success. Footy needs all the strong clubs it can muster.

Was waiting for this to pop up at some stage. Can't blame the league on this one as much as some want to.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Fricky » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:39 am

I wouldn't be surprised if SN come back next year into Div 3 and win the flag with most players returning to the club
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Cat Stevens » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:43 am

Fricky wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if SN come back next year into Div 3 and win the flag with most players returning to the club

Just like they were going to do this year.

Will obviously be on another amended agreement if they are allowed back so any talk of premierships is absolutely delusional.
Cat Stevens
Mini-League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:56 am

locky801 wrote:What happens if the Stengle verdict gets over turned. That would throw a huge problem out there

It might get lessened, it wont get overturned.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 am

daysofourlives wrote:

A few points:
1: You're involved in the Barossa, you guys play the same teams year in, year out and are pretty familiar with the going-ons with rival clubs, you'd have older folk that catch up when town plays town to talk of old times along with current players, I think word gets around pretty easily in the country comps and umpires are more aware of who to watch.
2: There is close to 100 senior games going on each weekend in the AdFL, it immediately increases the chances of misdemeanors or anything for that matter.
3: Despite the footage, and I thought the same thing as you initially by looking at it but the player was concussed and took no part on Saturday either.
4. I think Alex is a very respected player through the football community, it seems that he has fallen victim to other acts prior to his from players representing the SNFC.

I can see Jamie Thomas getting involved heavily in the next few months to get the place up and running again, he's a very proud man who demands respect, and gets it. They will be back, they will be a force again.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

A few points:
1: You're involved in the Barossa, you guys play the same teams year in, year out and are pretty familiar with the going-ons with rival clubs, you'd have older folk that catch up when town plays town to talk of old times along with current players, I think word gets around pretty easily in the country comps and umpires are more aware of who to watch.
2: There is close to 100 senior games going on each weekend in the AdFL, it immediately increases the chances of misdemeanors or anything for that matter.
3: Despite the footage, and I thought the same thing as you initially by looking at it but the player was concussed and took no part on Saturday either.
4. I think Alex is a very respected player through the football community, it seems that he has fallen victim to other acts prior to his from players representing the SNFC.

I can see Jamie Thomas getting involved heavily in the next few months to get the place up and running again, he's a very proud man who demands respect, and gets it. They will be back, they will be a force again.

My limited experience in the country also leads me to think there a few less problems due to on-field acts not always purely remaining on-field.

If you stuff up in a match up here (im talking about thuggery and violence) in the Clare region your reputation as a person, your reputation as an employee, as a member of the community would be completely frowned upon and could have much more severe consequences.

If im playing for Eastern Park and whack a Lonsdale player apart from my own club and teammates there isn't much off-field reaction. The 'story' gets lost amongst a lot of the other news stories from the weekend both sport and non sport and your hardly going to cross paths with representatives from Lonsdale etc.

I find even when im at the pub up here, going to the local woolworths etc I'm always switched and being polite to everyone etc etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League