The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:50 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
MW wrote:Who else will they blame for the demise of their league?

Maybe just maybe the other clubs can actually try and get people to the games and to purchase memberships. The whinge about the port and crows teams and how they wont go and watch their club play. They dont play them every week. Why dont they go and watch their beloved teams when they play the other 7 clubs. I would think out of an 18 game season they only play the AFL teams maybe 4 times in total so why don tthey go support their beloved club for the other 14 rounds. or are they gonna be like a kid who didnt get heir lollie and cry on the floor and say boo hoo i hate the AFL sides

why would we? its just practice matches. there is no meaning to the league. ill happily be like the kid who didnt get a lollie and have a tantrum, no problem there.
but again hollywood, there are real genuine reasons that we have against the AFL reserves, which is basically that most Clubs had already made up their decision leading into the so called Members Meeting.
so by not attending the matches, we are exercising our right to protest.
and if the league disappears, or the GFC goes into the oblivion, then so be it.

It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.

When 4000 Crows fans start turning up to their SANFL teams games we can start talking about supporters who support their club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:54 am

It's nice to know the league you love so dearly will die because you are being stubborn about Crows supporters attending their teams reserves game and ironically won't even attend your own clubs games.

RIP SANFL - your "supporters" have let you down badly.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:57 am

MW wrote:It's nice to know the league you love so dearly will die because you are being stubborn about Crows supporters attending their teams reserves game and ironically won't even attend your own clubs games.

Thats the thing all these so called supporters dont get. They are the ones killing the sANFL becasue they are so stubborn and stuck in the 1990's that they dont want to accept change and move on.

Have they even thought that the SANFL (at the time the Crows had a reserves side put in the SANFL and the Magpies became Ports reserve side) believed the Crows would attract alot more support to their games. People make mistakes
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:06 am

MW wrote:It's nice to know the league you love so dearly will die because you are being stubborn about Crows supporters attending their teams reserves game and ironically won't even attend your own clubs games.

Its the Clubs that killed the league by not listening to feedback at the information night.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Its the Clubs that killed the league by not listening to feedback at the information night.

It's the clubs fans that killed the league for not backing their side through thick and thin.
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am

hollywood7477 wrote:
JK wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.

So you're putting it on the supporters even though you've just highlighted poor governance by the SANFL?

You blokes can sit there smugly because the clubs YOU love are in the big league, guaranteed survival and relevance by the bulging wallet of the AFL. No problem with that, good luck to you, but don't sit there judging other clubs and their supporters that aren't afforded the same luxury.

Im a West Coast Supporter. The club you support Norwood are guaranteed survival because you dont have a salary cap like the other clubs in the SANFL

Yes because WC don't have that same luxury? As usual, can't defend an argument so change the subject, soft mate
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:14 am

I'm sure you would be the first to line up at the gate if the Crows were forced to play Richmonds reserves as part of the AFL...……………………………..wait a sec, as most Crows supporters you will do what Rowey and 5AA tells you to do. :lol:

BTW I still take out a membership each year with my club and probably still attend more games of my team a season than you do.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:15 am

MW wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

It's the clubs fans that killed the league for not backing their side through thick and thin.

You blokes are taking the piss because surely you can't be that stupid
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

whufc wrote:

I'm sure you would be the first to line up at the gate if the Crows were forced to play Richmonds reserves as part of the AFL...……………………………..wait a sec, as most Crows supporters you will do what Rowey and 5AA tells you to do. :lol:

BTW I still take out a membership each year with my club and probably still attend more games of my team a season than you do.

Nup. Not interested in watching reserves. I am interested in watching Westies when I can.
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 am

So instead of blaming SANFL fans for the demise of the league lets look at it another way, tell me what Adelaide and Port have brought to the SANFL competition that is a positive? We hear a lot of negatives, here is your chance to tell us the positives. GO.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:44 am

Players get to compete against AFL calibre players, structures and fitness level
Sides aren't compromised by AFL players coming in and out, and being asked to be played in certain positions
No byes
$$$$$ direct to each club (from Crows)
MW
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:46 am

That's it?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:50 am

MW wrote:Players get to compete against AFL calibre players, structures and fitness level
Sides aren't compromised by AFL players coming in and out, and being asked to be played in certain positions
No byes

On the flip side -

1/ Players also play against top ups that couldn't make it at league level but now get gifted a league game for little effort
2/ Agree that is a small positive, not sure it was a huge issue though
3/ Plenty of byes, look at last weekend and this weekend, if anything the season is now more disjointed
4/ $50k of income not huge when clubs are turning over $3m, would love to see a comparison on the drop off of income, esp gate takings/sponsorship
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:52 am

I note nothing about additional fan support/media engagement in the positives. You'd think they'd be key.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:54 am

It's not my fight to have. I'm not the one upset about it guys.
I provided you with some positives but something tells me I could tell you anything and you will disagree or make it a negative.

Simple fact is support your club instead of throwing your toys out of the cot.
MW
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 am

MW wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'm sure you would be the first to line up at the gate if the Crows were forced to play Richmonds reserves as part of the AFL...……………………………..wait a sec, as most Crows supporters you will do what Rowey and 5AA tells you to do. [emoji38]

Nup. Not interested in watching reserves. I am interested in watching Westies when I can.
You've never watched Westies reserves??

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 am

Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:Players get to compete against AFL calibre players, structures and fitness level
No byes

On the flip side -

1/ Players also play against top ups that couldn't make it at league level but now get gifted a league game for little effort
3/ Plenty of byes, look at last weekend and this weekend, if anything the season is now more disjointed
4/ $50k of income not huge when clubs are turning over $3m, would love to see a comparison on the drop off of income, esp gate takings/sponsorship

That's a huge one>

I have heard many players in particular at Centrals who are disillusioned with the league (a couple have now left) on the basis they were busting their arse playing reserves trying to get a SANFL league gig while others who couldn't cut the mustard are now being gifted SANFL games. One includes a Crows top up player because a player failed to show on game day and he happened to be a 'water boy' with the Crows who also played country football and was given a game.
whufc
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:04 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
MW wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'm sure you would be the first to line up at the gate if the Crows were forced to play Richmonds reserves as part of the AFL...……………………………..wait a sec, as most Crows supporters you will do what Rowey and 5AA tells you to do. [emoji38]

You've never watched Westies reserves??

Only the end of the game before the seniors
MW
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:
No byes

On the flip side -

No.2 is a dual-edged sword .. SANFL clubs lost a fair bit of talent out of it which was hard to replace with reduced Salary Cap. The players didn't belong to us so no complaints there and the reduced TPP isn't the fault of the AFL clubs.

Also not great seeing your former players line up against you.
Last edited by JK on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:24 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
No byes

On the flip side -

No.2 is a dual-edged sword .. SANFL clubs lost a fair bit of talent out of it which was hard to replace with reduced Salary Cap. The players didn't belong to us so no complaints there and the reduced TPP isn't the fault of the AFL clubs.

I actually liked having players from AFL clubs come into the club and play. On many occasions I found they added value to the squad and it wasn't great seeing some players fall in love with your club ala Guerra and Gunston at Centrals.

But like nearly all SANFL fans we can understand the want and need for the AFL clubs to have all their players playing together. (Despite the fact that their is no actual evidence that suggests the current system improves their squad, players, premiership chances.)

Have your reserves team but just not in our comp. Before anyone says 'oh but the standard will be shit without the AFL players etc' The reason I go watch Centrals has never been about the standard of football, just the same as I go and watch Eastern Park when I can regardless of whether there in div1 or currently in div4.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL