Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

Postby blueandwhite » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 pm

saintal wrote:Got around to watching a replay last night. Disappointing result, but credit to Centrals. South beaten around the ball, played very indirect and over-possessed the ball, while skills were sub-par. Lack of intensity at times too. Liddle again our best.

Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed.

Good to see a key forward kick a bag, just a pity it was against South.

Enjoyed the call on LifeFM while busy with other priorities. On the subject of media, Big Phil did a decent job of keeping Krissie Steen ‘on track’ and talking about football for most of the afternoon on the DP coverage- no small feat. :shock:

Anybody have a crowd figure?

"Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed. "
..almost as bad as the trip on Nick Liddle that wasnt paid in the dying seconds of the game... :roll:
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby southee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:58 am

blueandwhite wrote:
saintal wrote:Got around to watching a replay last night. Disappointing result, but credit to Centrals. South beaten around the ball, played very indirect and over-possessed the ball, while skills were sub-par. Lack of intensity at times too. Liddle again our best.

Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed.

Enjoyed the call on LifeFM while busy with other priorities. On the subject of media, Big Phil did a decent job of keeping Krissie Steen ‘on track’ and talking about football for most of the afternoon on the DP coverage- no small feat. :shock:

"Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed. "
..almost as bad as the trip on Nick Liddle that wasnt paid in the dying seconds of the game... :roll:

Yep ! Umpire had the whistle to his mouth ready to call the trip. Heard the Central crowd and thought about getting out of Elizabeth oval alive!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Big Phil » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:16 am

saintal wrote:Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed.
There were 2 x Templeton marks that I was surprised were called as a completed mark, both resulting in goals actually.

I can recall during the broadcast actually mentioning that I thought they weren't clear grabs and was surprised both were paid.

saintal wrote:On the subject of media, Big Phil did a decent job of keeping Krissie Steen ‘on track’ and talking about football for most of the afternoon on the DP coverage- no small feat. :shock:
Thanks mate, I appreciate that. I certainly had to remain on my toes with Krissie, but it was a really enjoyable day in the commentary box.

Krissie is an amazing woman. I had seen her exploits from the coaches box and at ground level whilst broadcasting the SANFLW competition.

Saturday was the first time I met Krissie in person and I found her to be a fascinating woman. Her love for SANFL and SANFLW is really awesome.

It's a great opportunity for her with GWS and AFLW but her presence within SANFL fraternity will be missed. I was very pleased to work with her.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 am

southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

Yep ! Umpire had the whistle to his mouth ready to call the trip. Heard the Central crowd and thought about getting out of Elizabeth oval alive!

I've watched that video - over and over. That was not a trip. Tackle didn't go below the knees. Liddle desperately threw himself forward (as any player would in that situation) with the momentum of the tackle slipping below the waist, but not below the knees.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby TDJ44 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:08 am

Templeton was actually tackled trying to take one of those marks.
Brooksby was awarded a lucky mark in the first qtr.
Liddle threw his head back every time he was tackled.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby TDJ44 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 am

Big Phil wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
Grenville wrote:Haven't minded bits I've seen of Ryan Falkenberg this year, has a good set of hands. If we're going to use the rest of the year to see who else might be of league standard he might be worth a go at some stage.

Ryan Humphries carnelly is the one I'd be picking.
Only slightly built but has pace and excellent skills.
The other would be Llewellyn Milera.....he was very impressive in reserves trials and looked a better prospect than Watts who played league trials.
Not sure if Milera is injured though,the identification of talent between Milera and Watts was way off in my opinion.

Agree on Falkernberg, he has been impressive. Started the year in the Under 18's.

Although Carnelly Humphries does win plenty of the ball, he simply burns it too much.

And Lywellen Milera is no longer at the club anymore, @TDJ44 as he had some personal issues.

The games I've seen this season Humphries carnelly uses the ball well....maybe you getting mixed up with Maitland.
Very disappointing that Milera has gone.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby saintal » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:45 am

Big Phil wrote:
saintal wrote:Terrible decision to award Templeton a mark in the final term that resulted in a goal. Umpire guessed.
There were 2 x Templeton marks that I was surprised were called as a completed mark, both resulting in goals actually.

I can recall during the broadcast actually mentioning that I thought they weren't clear grabs and was surprised both were paid.

saintal wrote:On the subject of media, Big Phil did a decent job of keeping Krissie Steen ‘on track’ and talking about football for most of the afternoon on the DP coverage- no small feat. :shock:
Thanks mate, I appreciate that. I certainly had to remain on my toes with Krissie, but it was a really enjoyable day in the commentary box.

Krissie is an amazing woman. I had seen her exploits from the coaches box and at ground level whilst broadcasting the SANFLW competition.

Saturday was the first time I met Krissie in person and I found her to be a fascinating woman. Her love for SANFL and SANFLW is really awesome.

It's a great opportunity for her with GWS and AFLW but her presence within SANFL fraternity will be missed. I was very pleased to work with her.

When talking football, some of Krissie’s comments were quite insightful. The only other time I’ve heard her was North v South when teamed up with Peter Walsh. A disaster! :lol:

Cant recall the other Templeton mark but will take your word for it.

As for the Liddle trip, not completely conclusive on video but recall the guys on Life saying it could have been paid. Either way, South weren’t good enough.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby TDJ44 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:50 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
southee wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:

I've watched that video - over and over. That was not a trip. Tackle didn't go below the knees. Liddle desperately threw himself forward (as any player would in that situation) with the momentum of the tackle slipping below the waist, but not below the knees.

Watched the highlights and definitely no trip.
Templeton was tackled BP attempting to take a mark earlier in the game.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby scott » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm

I don't think Liddle was tripped. Live it looks suss but he turns his body as the tackle starts to drop lower and (Hanna I think it is) seems to actually let go so misses his legs. I also don't think you want 50:50s like that determining the result.

As for the Templeton mark - love when a good pack mark is paid, but that was a rubbish call. First hands but no control at any point. Didn't cost us the game and we didn't deserve the points either. Playing a totally indirect and, at times, disinterested brand of footy didn't help. I'm sure this will be a huge learning curve for the squad and we'll start rolling again.

Credit to Centrals for winning the Integrity Cup. The Mayors Cup has lost a little southern integrity of late. :oops:
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby StrayDog » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Big Phil wrote:

I reckon the other was in the third quarter, probably 50/50 on that one given that a player only has to control the ball in flight.

Personally, I wouldn't have had too much issue if that one hadn't been paid, or if it the roles were reversed.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby vics01 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:44 pm

After watching a replay of the game, I cannot work out why Wright did not make an interchange in the last 20 or so minutes, leaving 3 small forward/mids to ice the pine? Were they injured or did he screw up?
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:22 pm

vics01 wrote:After watching a replay of the game, I cannot work out why Wright did not make an interchange in the last 20 or so minutes, leaving 3 small forward/mids to ice the pine? Were they injured or did he screw up?
Ran out of rotations?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby vics01 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:41 pm

vics01 wrote:
After watching a replay of the game, I cannot work out why Wright did not make an interchange in the last 20 or so minutes, leaving 3 small forward/mids to ice the pine? Were they injured or did he screw up?

Heater 31
Ran out of rotations?

In other words a screw up?
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 am

vics01 wrote:
vics01 wrote:

Heater 31
Ran out of rotations?

In other words a screw up?
How can you call that a screw up? SANFL only have 60 and if you have a heap of interchanges for minor injuries and return to play it doesn't help things.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL