The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 pm

MW wrote:It's not my fight to have. I'm not the one upset about it guys.
I provided you with some positives but something tells me I could tell you anything and you will disagree or make it a negative.

Simple fact is support your club instead of throwing your toys out of the cot.

Given this post appeared straight after mine, I can only assume I am among the people you're responding to.
I haven't thrown my toys out of the cot. I'm there in the same spot my family has been for four generations.
If there were positives, I'd agree. We'll take the $50k, but that doesn't cover anywhere near what this competition has lost.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:30 pm

JK wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
JK wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:It won’t be Port or the Crows that destroy the SANFL. It’s the so called supporters that haven’t moved on and won’t support their club because the league did something they didn’t like.

So you're putting it on the supporters even though you've just highlighted poor governance by the SANFL?

You blokes can sit there smugly because the clubs YOU love are in the big league, guaranteed survival and relevance by the bulging wallet of the AFL. No problem with that, good luck to you, but don't sit there judging other clubs and their supporters that aren't afforded the same luxury.

Im a West Coast Supporter. The club you support Norwood are guaranteed survival because you dont have a salary cap like the other clubs in the SANFL

Yes because WC don't have that same luxury? As usual, can't defend an argument so change the subject, soft mate

The WAFL is the same as the SANFL and WC reserves side are shit like the Crows. Just a question dont Port and the Crows put money into the SANFL every year. Doesnt that go to the other clubs.
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:33 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:Players get to compete against AFL calibre players, structures and fitness level
Sides aren't compromised by AFL players coming in and out, and being asked to be played in certain positions
No byes
$$$$$ direct to each club (from Crows)

On the flip side -

1/ Players also play against top ups that couldn't make it at league level but now get gifted a league game for little effort
2/ Agree that is a small positive, not sure it was a huge issue though
3/ Plenty of byes, look at last weekend and this weekend, if anything the season is now more disjointed
4/ $50k of income not huge when clubs are turning over $3m, would love to see a comparison on the drop off of income, esp gate takings/sponsorship

That's a huge one>

I have heard many players in particular at Centrals who are disillusioned with the league (a couple have now left) on the basis they were busting their arse playing reserves trying to get a SANFL league gig while others who couldn't cut the mustard are now being gifted SANFL games. One includes a Crows top up player because a player failed to show on game day and he happened to be a 'water boy' with the Crows who also played country football and was given a game.

The Crows had trials for top up players. Why didnt they go have a crack
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:38 pm

The arguments are not strong in this one.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:The arguments are not strong in this one.

His main point, "Don't whinge about your club going broke if you don't support them (financially/attendance) anymore" has substance.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:53 pm

I think his main point was we "should all get over it":

hollywood7477 wrote: You would think all these people would have better things to do than go on about the Crows and Port having a reserves team in the SANFL. Its like a broken record. Maybe we should get them all a bridge building set for xmas so they can build one and the the **** over it.

If you were talking about MW, I'd agree. He at least puts a little thought into his points.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I think his main point was we "should all get over it":

hollywood7477 wrote: You would think all these people would have better things to do than go on about the Crows and Port having a reserves team in the SANFL. Its like a broken record. Maybe we should get them all a bridge building set for xmas so they can build one and the the **** over it.

If you were talking about MW, I'd agree. He at least puts a little thought into his points.

DW my point is this. There is over 400 pages of posts from fellow posters complaining about the fact the AFL clubs have a reserves side. There is also a stupid page on the real SANFL ladder. Surely there comes a time that you just accept it and actually move on. Sitting there complaining about the 2 clubs actually go out there and put some money in to ur beloved club. Go to the games that they arent playing against Port or the Crows. they say that the AFL clubs are killing the SANFL actually its the people who wont support their club becasue of the reasons iv stated is what is killing the SANFL. Sometimes you need to just suck it up and move on. At this point it isnt going to change unless the AFL have a reserves comp so instead of whinging on the SAFooty forum go out and watch the up and coming kids playing SANFL Im sure you would rather be out there watching footy then getting nagged by the missus
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:43 pm

I do still go to SANFL games.
I do still have membership of my club, as do my wife and kids (my wife doesn't nag me as she's there at the footy with me).
I do still have an opinion on the situation.
I do still want what's best for my club.

I'm entitled to push for this. You call it whingeing. Others call it resistance.
Things can change. We were once told there would be no AFL reserves sides in the SANFL - it happened in a flash. Port Adelaide supporters boycotted Footy Park - they got a new stadium. Things change. The direction of the game changes. Voicing our opinions, in a place we all know is read by football officials, lets people know that:

A) We still care about our competition;
B) We have a hunger for change in this current state of affairs;
C) It reminds those complicit in what has occurred that we still remember their actions.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that people are passionate about this on a site devoted to SA Footy and on a thread devoted to this debate.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I do still go to SANFL games.
I do still have membership of my club, as do my wife and kids (my wife doesn't nag me as she's there at the footy with me).
I do still have an opinion on the situation.
I do still want what's best for my club.

I'm entitled to push for this. You call it whingeing. Others call it resistance.
Things can change. We were once told there would be no AFL reserves sides in the SANFL - it happened in a flash. Port Adelaide supporters boycotted Footy Park - they got a new stadium. Things change. The direction of the game changes. Voicing our opinions, in a place we all know is read by football officials, lets people know that:

A) We still care about our competition;
B) We have a hunger for change in this current state of affairs;
C) It reminds those complicit in what has occurred that we still remember their actions.

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised that people are passionate about this on a site devoted to SA Footy and on a thread devoted to this debate.

Great post.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby MW » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:53 pm

If only more thought like you
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:The arguments are not strong in this one.

His main point, "Don't whinge about your club going broke if you don't support them (financially/attendance) anymore" has substance.

The point isn’t about our clubs going broke that hasn’t changed like it was suppose to. It’s about the integrity of comp.

North Adelaide have reported 11 profits in a row there fans are still pissed off about this.

We supporters still have memberships digital passes and support our clubs in other ways than just attending games.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby LMA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:51 pm

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:Players get to compete against AFL calibre players, structures and fitness level
Sides aren't compromised by AFL players coming in and out, and being asked to be played in certain positions
No byes
$$$$$ direct to each club (from Crows)

On the flip side -

1/ Players also play against top ups that couldn't make it at league level but now get gifted a league game for little effort
2/ Agree that is a small positive, not sure it was a huge issue though
3/ Plenty of byes, look at last weekend and this weekend, if anything the season is now more disjointed
4/ $50k of income not huge when clubs are turning over $3m, would love to see a comparison on the drop off of income, esp gate takings/sponsorship

That's a huge one>

I have heard many players in particular at Centrals who are disillusioned with the league (a couple have now left)
on the basis they were busting their arse playing reserves trying to get a SANFL league gig while others who couldn't cut the mustard are now being gifted SANFL games. One includes a Crows top up player because a player failed to show on game day and he happened to be a 'water boy' with the Crows who also played country football and was given a game.

That's what they tell you, what they mean is they are getting 5 times the dollars playing out bush for a third of the effort.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:57 pm

I provided you with some positives but something tells me I could tell you anything and you will disagree or make it a negative.

So why the hell do you come on here to stir the pot?
And why do you get so sulky when you get hammered on here?
Have you not realised that we care a lot about the shape of the SANFL, and this is what we are getting passionate about?
In your own words you don't give a damn, why are you poking fun at people who do?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LMA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 pm

What's the point of a forum if everyone has to post and agree in accordance with the subject title. Unfortunately this site has started banning posters for posting opposing but relevant points of view.
LMA
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 pm

LMA wrote:What's the point of a forum if everyone has to post and agree in accordance with the subject title. Unfortunately this site has started banning posters for posting opposing but relevant points of view.

You should start the "Why were the posters banned?" thread.
Not sure why you are bringing it up here.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LMA » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:38 pm

therisingblues wrote:
LMA wrote:What's the point of a forum if everyone has to post and agree in accordance with the subject title. Unfortunately this site has started banning posters for posting opposing but relevant points of view.

You asked why a certain poster comes in here. Pointing out the fact you don't need to agree to post in a thread
LMA
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:57 am

LMA wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

You asked why a certain poster comes in here. Pointing out the fact you don't need to agree to post in a thread

Don't you know what the number one rule of SAfooty is yet LMA? You must agree with my post or you are wrong :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby MW » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:01 am

therisingblues wrote:

So why the hell do you come on here to stir the pot?
And why do you get so sulky when you get hammered on here?
Have you not realised that we care a lot about the shape of the SANFL, and this is what we are getting passionate about?
In your own words you don't give a damn, why are you poking fun at people who do?

I don't come here to stir the pot...well not all the time ;) I am offering an opinion on the situation. sometimes you lot are histerical and cannot see the forest through the trees.
Not sure I am sulky :lol: I'm enjoying the discussion. My comment stands...it is not my fight to have cause I am happy with where it is at.
Yes of course I can see you are all passionate about the SANFL, but what is clear to me is your methods of fighting the AFL out of the SANFL is actually (only IMO) killing the SANFL itself.
I don't believe I ever said "I don't give a damn". Happy for you to dig up a post and quote it if you like. I'm not poking fun mate, offering another opinion on it.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:03 am

mighty hounds wrote:
LMA wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Don't you know what the number one rule of SAfooty is yet LMA? You must agree with my post or you are wrong :lol:

Is that you Morrell?
You back? ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:06 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
LMA wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL