Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:10 am

My job hunting is going better than I thought it would.

Updated my resume on Sunday with the help of my girlfriend and Bennymacca (thank you mate), completed my Seek profile and I've been on Seek Friday morning, yesterday morning and this morning, looking and applying for Boilermaker jobs at companies and for labor hire companies. This afternoon I got a call from a family friend I know who found out I was made redundant and wants me to come in for an interview at his workplace and given that he's known me since my teenage years as he's been involved in NHFC and more heavily in NHCC he sounded very keen to employ me.

So far I've applied at
Flinders Ports
MG Engineering
Tri Metal Engineering
Chandler MacLeod (Labor hire mob who is actually my best bet of going back to ASC as a contractor in the future) for a job at One Steel
Randsand Industrial- Labor Hire mob who has a shutdown job at Intercast, coincidentally where my brother used to work before getting his apprenticeship.
Hays Manufacturing and Operations, another Labor Hire mob where I had a guy call me this afternoon about having an interview.
Southern Cross Workforce, also a Labor hire mob.
And now the guy I know is at H.E Parts International

I have 2 (Tri Metal and Randstad) possibly 3 or maybe 4 interviews tomorrow. If not do the rest Thursday/Friday. So it's fantastic after being proactive and applying at these places to get a response straight away. It's actually overwhelming how much work is available once you start looking and applying for jobs.

I might just be back working again quicker than I initially thought which takes my stress away.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am

It pays off being proactive
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:58 am

Yeah good stuff TDK.
Most blokes your age I know would have spent a week drinking at Wee Willies, followed by a week at the Fed Hotel then the Exeter then the Cumby before even thinking about their resume and job hunting again.

Good luck with the interviews mate.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:If you haven't watched this yet, when you get home take 25 minutes to sit down and enjoy. Fantastic viewing.

Watched it last night, then watched the Foo fighters one.

The Paul McCartney one was soooooo good. Took me back in time thinking of my Mum and how much she loved the Beatles especially Paul. Best present I ever gave anyone was giving her a tickets to his concert here in '93. It meant so much to her as she knew then her time on this planet was limited and 18 months later...... but one of her life long wishes was fulfilled.

Lennon and McCartney will be remembered in 100-200 years time like Mozart, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky are now. Penny Lane is just about the perfect song with it's mix of lyrics, arrangement, instrumentation, counter points and production.

His story of how he wrote Let it Be and re-visiting his childhood home was fantastic stuff.

Finally how good would've it have been to be at that pub when they filmed that part of the episode.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Must say I'm a bit addicted to Carpool Karaoke at the best of times but this was pure brilliance.

I wonder if that lady knew she lived in Paul McCartneys childhood home before that day...LOL
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Must say I'm a bit addicted to Carpool Karaoke at the best of times but this was pure brilliance.

I wonder if that lady knew she lived in Paul McCartneys childhood home before that day...LOL

I believe she runs it as a museum. ( I know you were being sarcie )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Must say I'm a bit addicted to Carpool Karaoke at the best of times but this was pure brilliance.

Think the house is now owned by the National Trust....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby JK » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Yeah good stuff TDK.
Most blokes your age I know would have spent a week drinking at Wee Willies, followed by a week at the Fed Hotel then the Exeter then the Cumby before even thinking about their resume and job hunting again.

Good luck with the interviews mate.

Thirsty now, thanks, thanks a lot mate!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Booney wrote:

No, I actually had no idea and thought she just lived there. :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Booney wrote:

No, I actually had no idea and thought she just lived there. :oops:

I thought you picked up the 20 odd photos of The Beatles on the walls of the house.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:56 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:My job hunting is going better than I thought it would.

Updated my resume on Sunday with the help of my girlfriend and Bennymacca (thank you mate), completed my Seek profile and I've been on Seek Friday morning, yesterday morning and this morning, looking and applying for Boilermaker jobs at companies and for labor hire companies. This afternoon I got a call from a family friend I know who found out I was made redundant and wants me to come in for an interview at his workplace and given that he's known me since my teenage years as he's been involved in NHFC and more heavily in NHCC he sounded very keen to employ me.

So far I've applied at
Flinders Ports
MG Engineering
Tri Metal Engineering
Chandler MacLeod (Labor hire mob who is actually my best bet of going back to ASC as a contractor in the future) for a job at One Steel
Randsand Industrial- Labor Hire mob who has a shutdown job at Intercast, coincidentally where my brother used to work before getting his apprenticeship.
Hays Manufacturing and Operations, another Labor Hire mob where I had a guy call me this afternoon about having an interview.

I have 2 (Tri Metal and Randstad) possibly 3 or maybe 4 interviews tomorrow. If not do the rest Thursday/Friday. So it's fantastic after being proactive and applying at these places to get a response straight away. It's actually overwhelming how much work is available once you start looking and applying for jobs.

I might just be back working again quicker than I initially thought which takes my stress away.

Sounds like youre all sorted. Ahrens engineering just out of Gawler were advertising this week.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:59 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

So far I've applied at
Flinders Ports
MG Engineering
Tri Metal Engineering

Sounds like youre all sorted. Ahrens engineering just out of Gawler were advertising this week.
Yes saw them advertised on Seek and I think guys I worked with previously who live out that way might be working there now or looking at applying there. I'm looking local in the Port area and surrounds before I look further if need be.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 pm

So far I've applied at
Flinders Ports
MG Engineering
Tri Metal Engineering

Great stuff. You sound like you are keen to learn and work hard and that’s all employers would want.

Looks like you may even be in a position to choose a bit

Good luck with the interviews
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:

So far I've applied at
Flinders Ports
MG Engineering
Tri Metal Engineering

Great stuff. You sound like you are keen to learn and work hard and that’s all employers would want.

Looks like you may even be in a position to choose a bit

Good luck with the interviews

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Definitely keen to get into work ASAP and learn some new skills and yes got some choice there, I'm very lucky so far.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:04 am

Received a $10K debt notice from Centrelink 2 months ago to which I didn't believe was correct.

I made 8 phone calls to them totalling over 20 hours and couldn't really get a straight answer, it was stressing me out as I was getting harassed a couple of times a week by a debt collection agent that was threatening to take the money from my bank account if I didn't act upon it.

Finally, after another couple of lengthy phone calls on Tuesday I demanded that they review it immediately, they have not explained why or how but I got an email this morning stating I owe them nothing.

No apologies or anything like that, I hope they tell the bloody debt collectors and get my name off their list.

How the hell does this happen? I wonder how many people just shit themselves, don't try and sort it out and then keep running form the collectors?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Received a $10K debt notice from Centrelink 2 months ago to which I didn't believe was correct.

I made 8 phone calls to them totalling over 20 hours and couldn't really get a straight answer, it was stressing me out as I was getting harassed a couple of times a week by a debt collection agent that was threatening to take the money from my bank account if I didn't act upon it.

Finally, after another couple of lengthy phone calls on Tuesday I demanded that they review it immediately, they have not explained why or how but I got an email this morning stating I owe them nothing.

No apologies or anything like that, I hope they tell the bloody debt collectors and get my name off their list.

How the hell does this happen? I wonder how many people just shit themselves, don't try and sort it out and then keep running form the collectors?

People who probably have something to hide/ worry about. Someone like yourself who doesn't, doesn't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:12 am

Its been happening for a while mate, the Liberal government are hell bent on automating and/or outsourcing everything they can.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:23 am

Booney wrote:
People who probably have something to hide/ worry about. Someone like yourself who doesn't, doesn't.

Despite what I thought, it was still in the back of my mind that they had mis-calculated percentages from a few years ago, thought the ex may have told authorities that our care arrangement for the kids was different to what it was.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:27 am

Wedgie wrote:Its been happening for a while mate, the Liberal government are hell bent on automating and/or outsourcing everything they can.

It's crazy, it's been two months of stress, I didn't even want to renew my lease incase it didn't get sorted, I wasn't looking forward to doing my tax, I was even contemplating becoming single again so I didn't have to burden my wife with shit that has nothing to do with her as I made sure there were no skeletons in my closet before committing to a relationship.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 am

Booney wrote:Two 21st's in the row over the next two weekends with open bars at quality establishments.

Come at me.

One down ( last weekend ), one to go this weekend. Perfect tune up for Thailand in two weeks. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion