23%
St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:03 pm

scottroo wrote:A lot of clubs were worried the integrity of the league would be compromised

May you explain how so?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:09 pm

S Demon wrote:
scottroo wrote:The league asked the member clubs for their opinion.

The overwhelming answer was no internal transfers

43/69 said NO, with 10 still to vote

Also known as 43 clubs didn't have access to SN players while 10 are still negotiating.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Danky$$ wrote:The league have handled this situation absolutely horrible! Well done to them for pushing away some seriously good footballers to the country leagues. They always sook about the country with the money they pay, well ya haven’t helped yourselves with this. I believe it’s an absolute joke they can’t play in the saafl.
Derp. It was a delegate vote, not a league decision.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Wasim1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:16 pm

This smacks of discrimination but it would suit the majority/. I don't believe in any way this in the best interest of the 60+ players who must now cop the same punishment as the player found guilty
Wasim1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby scottroo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Q. wrote:
Danky$$ wrote:The league have handled this situation absolutely horrible! Well done to them for pushing away some seriously good footballers to the country leagues. They always sook about the country with the money they pay, well ya haven’t helped yourselves with this. I believe it’s an absolute joke they can’t play in the saafl.
Derp. It was a delegate vote, not a league decision.[/quote

Correct
Last edited by scottroo on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Q. wrote:
Derp. It was a delegate vote, not a league decision.

I don't understand how this can be allowed to be a delegate vote? It's obvious (more so now) that clubs will only look after their individual best interests, and not actually give a shit about the broader picture.

So then clubs look at it like this: Can we benefit from SN players being permitted transfers? If no, will voting yes impact on our finals chances?

Best to vote no then and potentially lose 70 players from the competition. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:24 pm

I still don't see how the broader competition would be "compromised" by players going to other clubs, in fact I would think it would only serve to strengthen the competition as a whole.

The league has measures in place already to prevent clubs loading up on talent - APPS, Salary cap, 3x player transfer rule.

I would hazard a guess not many clubs would have a huge amount of wiggle room in their point and/or their cap, and even less that could fit 3 players in.

Essentially you're looking at 1-2 or 3 at the max players moving to clubs across a number of clubs.. I struggle to see the issue.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:I still don't see how the broader competition would be "compromised" by players going to other clubs, in fact I would think it would only serve to strengthen the competition as a whole.

The league has measures in place already to prevent clubs loading up on talent - APPS, Salary cap, 3x player transfer rule.

I would hazard a guess not many clubs would have a huge amount of wiggle room in their point and/or their cap, and even less that could fit 3 players in.

Essentially you're looking at 1-2 or 3 at the max players moving to clubs across a number of clubs.. I struggle to see the issue.

I agree, it appears most clubs have voted on self interest.

My understanding of the 3 player rule is that it only means the 4th can be denied by the origin club (ie: SN), Given SN have already stated they won't be denying clearances, the 3 player rule was unlikely to come into play. But yeah, APPS and Salary Cup would have been enough to prevent a big load of capable players joining the same club.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:50 pm

On the flip side of a no vote it sends a message to the Salisbury North Football Club that they have lost the respect of other member clubs and that their players are not trusted to do the right thing.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Trader wrote:My understanding of the 3 player rule is that it only means the 4th can be denied by the origin club (ie: SN), Given SN have already stated they won't be denying clearances, the 3 player rule was unlikely to come into play. But yeah, APPS and Salary Cup would have been enough to prevent a big load of capable players joining the same club.

My understanding is the league still have the power to apply the 3 player rule above the origin club.. So one would think, if allowed, they'd have monitored the clearances to ensure that one club wasn't being flooded with incoming players.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:57 pm

heater31 wrote:On the flip side of a no vote it sends a message to the Salisbury North Football Club that they have lost the respect of other member clubs and that their players are not trusted to do the right thing.

I'd be surprised if anyone - especially SN and their players - saw it that way.

Besides, clubs who would potentially recruit players would surely follow due diligence, and understand the potential ramifications for players who don't do the right thing - some clubs (those on AAA for instance) wouldn't be willing to absorb those risks.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby beef » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Good luck to kids playing seniors because they dont have an u/18's side. Guess mum and dad are taking them an hour for training twice a week.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:39 pm

This is stupid. Bedge has actually made some very sensible comments which I won't repeat.

On top of that why the hell should they change transfer rules just for this.

Another problem is there is an appeal tonight internally within the league and then potentially an appeal outside the league after.

One example of the harm this has done is the retirement of Andrew Ross. Fair and talented player, this ends his career. This fiasco has become completely unfair to players who have done nothing wrong far beyond whatever may be arguably justified to keep the league safe.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:This is stupid. Bedge has actually made some very sensible comments which I won't repeat.

On top of that why the hell should they change transfer rules just for this.

Another problem is there is an appeal tonight internally within the league and then potentially an appeal outside the league after.

One example of the harm this has done is the retirement of Andrew Ross. Fair and talented player, this ends his career. This fiasco has become completely unfair to players who have done nothing wrong far beyond whatever may be arguably justified to keep the league safe.

Absolute disgraceful decision. So clubs vote basing the assumption every player trying to be cleared out is a gun A grader. What about the young lads in the B and C grade who just want to play footy?

Up until this stage I haven’t been totally against the leagues decisions as there is no place in the game for violence but this decision is absolutely disgraceful and totally unfair to young innocent kids who just want to play footy.

Absolutely piss weak by the league to put the blood on member clubs hands as they don’t have the spine to do it themselves.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Our C grade have some guys who are on the spectrum, very emotional young men who can get frazzled and upset over some matters.. they ideally should be playing C7, but they choose to play “mainstream” senior footy and we support that.

Imagine if these lads played at Salisbury North, and first you tell them there is no club left for them to play at.. you then tell them “sorry mate, XX from xx club has decided you’re not worthy to play footy anymore this season.”

You’re taking their livelihood away, for some people perhaps the only thing they have to look forward, and majority are good hearted, honest and compliant members of the competition and their club, and you (the clubs/delegates) are robbing them of that opportunity.

What gives clubs that right to play “god” with peoples football “careers” unfairly?

Makes me sick.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Old_mate21 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:55 pm

The League is week, you have guys who have played in the league for however many seasons. Paid their subs do the right thing who potentially have young families so want to stay close to home but now have to Travel ex amount of hours for the chance to play football. What happens with Ben Wiles clearance then?
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Our C grade have some guys who are on the spectrum, very emotional young men who can get frazzled and upset over some matters.. they ideally should be playing C7, but they choose to play “mainstream” senior footy and we support that.

Imagine if these lads played at Salisbury North, and first you tell them there is no club left for them to play at.. you then tell them “sorry mate, XX from xx club has decided you’re not worthy to play footy anymore this season.”

You’re taking their livelihood away, for some people perhaps the only thing they have to look forward, and majority are good hearted, honest and compliant members of the competition and their club, and you (the clubs/delegates) are robbing them of that opportunity.

What gives clubs that right to play “god” with peoples football “careers” unfairly?

Makes me sick.
Maybe the multiple people in previous years getting suspended shpuld have thought about that as well......

The only thing that I've experienced close to this is being denied the chance to play finals football by an administration error. Wasn't my fault but I was punished as a result of actions by someone else. Was it fair on me? No, because that event destroyed the team the following season and eventually led to me leaving that club and never playing football again.

You can take 2 vastly different paths, either be accountable for your own actions or throw it all away and ruin other people's enjoyment of the game.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Surely some common sense has to apply

Absolutely ban the club but surely the players who have never been reported/sighted etc have a right to move clubs provided it’s within the dates and rules and regulations set out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 pm

I would love all your expert opinions on what more the club could have done to stop what has happened?
Have a look at the list the club put together for this season and tell me who you wouldnt have on that list at the start of the season due to the chances of breaking the AAA the club agreed too?
This decision to stop the players from transferring and still playing in SAAFL is a disgrace.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:I would love all your expert opinions on what more the club could have done to stop what has happened?
Have a look at the list the club put together for this season and tell me who you wouldnt have on that list at the start of the season due to the chances of breaking the AAA the club agreed too?
This decision to stop the players from transferring and still playing in SAAFL is a disgrace.

Could not agree more
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League