23%
St Peters OC
18%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:I would love all your expert opinions on what more the club could have done to stop what has happened?
Have a look at the list the club put together for this season and tell me who you wouldnt have on that list at the start of the season due to the chances of breaking the AAA the club agreed too?
This decision to stop the players from transferring and still playing in SAAFL is a disgrace.

Well that’s half the problem isn’t it

Even when they put a list of ‘good blokes’ together the club is still somehow involved in a fairly significant incident which reflect worse on the club culture especially from an outsiders or administrator point of view.

Playing Devils advocate this was not Alex’s first major suspension for striking.

Genuine question, how many other amateur clubs have got through this season without having a player suspended for more than 5 games. I genuinely don’t no the answer nor the history of reports this year
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Everyone else is to blame for everything.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Q. wrote:Everyone else is to blame for everything.

Well in this instance for three teams of players (minus one), that is correct.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby scottroo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:57 pm

whufc wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:I would love all your expert opinions on what more the club could have done to stop what has happened?
Have a look at the list the club put together for this season and tell me who you wouldnt have on that list at the start of the season due to the chances of breaking the AAA the club agreed too?
This decision to stop the players from transferring and still playing in SAAFL is a disgrace.

Even when they put a list of ‘good blokes’ together the club is still somehow involved in a fairly significant incident which reflect worse on the club culture especially from an outsiders or administrator point of view.

Playing Devils advocate this was not Alex’s first major suspension for striking.

Genuine question, how many other amateur clubs have got through this season without having a player suspended for more than 5 games. I genuinely don’t no the answer nor the history of reports this year

We’ve had no players found guilty at the tribunal for over 7 years
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Q. wrote:Everyone else is to blame for everything.

Im not blaming everyone else. As a club what more could we do? Club had moved on players that had caused issues and recruited players with a clean history (as far as i know).
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 pm

So cos Salisbury north arent coming to your home game your club will be completely closed?

If your 3 teams (60+ blokes) all came to a salisbury north costume party at your club instead of playing footy id guess your club would make just about the same as it would any other day including meals

Dress your best as a Salisbury derro!! All red tins $3 bucks each
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm

marbles wrote:So cos Salisbury north arent coming to your home game your club will be completely closed?

If your 3 teams (60+ blokes) all came to a salisbury north costume party at your club instead of playing footy id guess your club would make just about the same as it would any other day including meals

Dress your best as a Salisbury derro!! All red tins $3 bucks each

I literally have no idea what this means at all! :?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:21 pm

No games this week lads so we're having a costume party... dress up as a Salisbury houso

Best dressed wins a long neck
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 pm

This is where the GJ Rd boundary comes in.

Literally the only people that are kicking up about it are on the northern side of the road.

In reality, any leftover SN B & C graders won't travel further than the boundary to go and play a game of footy. 3 xD2R players in a struggling D5/D6/D7 side are going to go pretty well, posing what other clubs will see as an unfair advantage. Of course they're going to vote no, not because they think the SN Players are dangerous but because for the best part, there is no benefit for them

If JK hadn't gone to the clubs and the board made the decisions off their own back, then they'd be branded crap guys and anti -SN and totalitarian,so they're damned if they do and damned if they dont. Tell me now that any of you think that Shadiac or GIno would've consulted member clubs to come to this decision.

Marbles, not many people having a giggle around here at the minute. There are folks here that are effected directly. Your stupidity is both unwanted and quite insensitive. Either contribute positively or please go away.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:44 pm

scottroo wrote:
whufc wrote:

We’ve had no players found guilty at the tribunal for over 7 years

Had a CLG player eye gouge one of our guys last year. Less scrutiny/smarter at being dirty perhaps?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This is where the GJ Rd boundary comes in.

Literally the only people that are kicking up about it are on the northern side of the road.

In reality, any leftover SN B & C graders won't travel further than the boundary to go and play a game of footy. 3 xD2R players in a struggling D5/D6/D7 side are going to go pretty well, posing what other clubs will see as an unfair advantage. Of course they're going to vote no, not because they think the SN Players are dangerous but because for the best part, there is no benefit for them

If JK hadn't gone to the clubs and the board made the decisions off their own back, then they'd be branded crap guys and anti -SN and totalitarian,so they're damned if they do and damned if they dont. Tell me now that any of you think that Shadiac or GIno would've consulted member clubs to come to this decision.

Marbles, not many people having a giggle around here at the minute. There are folks here that are effected directly. Your stupidity is both unwanted and quite insensitive. Either contribute positively or please go away.

Slavery was popular once too. League should have made the right decision without hiding behind a popular vote.

Bit like gay marriage, was the right thing to do regardless of what popular opinion is and going to a vote was a cop out.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby carey » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

Spot on.

Didn’t want the blood on the leagues hands palmed it off to the clubs.

Denying kids the opportunity to play footy is an absolute disgrace
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Of course they're going to vote no, not because they think the SN Players are dangerous but because for the best part, there is no benefit for them.

Exactly!! How is that fair on those B/C Graders who just want to have a kick locally for the remainder of the year!?

Because they don’t fit into some rival clubs plans they’re exiled!?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:01 pm

Your boundary rule isnt 100% true. I had spoken with a few players and they were talking about different clubs. Most weren't keen to drop down to divs 6 or 7. Yes a few would have stayed closer to SN but most the top end of the talent would have been spread out IMO.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Of course they're going to vote no, not because they think the SN Players are dangerous but because for the best part, there is no benefit for them.

Exactly!! How is that fair on those B/C Graders who just want to have a kick locally for the remainder of the year!?

Because they don’t fit into some rival clubs plans they’re exiled!?

I could almost put my house on the fact that if this was a southee club that was banned, you'd be the first one bleeting that bans should stick and have no sympathy at all. there is bias here because your club can't vulture any new players out of it.

Stick your keys in a bowl Bedge, you're kind of swinging a bit right now :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:

Your boundary rule isnt 100% true. I had spoken with a few players and they were talking about different clubs. Most weren't keen to drop down to divs 6 or 7. Yes a few would have stayed closer to SN but most the top end of the talent would have been spread out IMO.

Was more referring to the B and C players here luv and was just a theory, for the best part, they're generally at the end of their careers (espeically C grade) and don't generally want to travel too far to train etc.. therefore the theory they wouldn't venture too far away, they just want a kick and a catch.

If they don't want to venture down to 6/7, there's not much on the north side of the road anyway, bar EP, who you would think would be particularly picky on who they recruit at this point, or Salisbury/Pooraka.

Footy Chick

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:

Was more referring to the B and C players here luv and was just a theory, for the best part, they're generally at the end of their careers (espeically C grade) and don't generally want to travel too far to train etc.. therefore the theory they wouldn't venture too far away, they just want a kick and a catch.

If they don't want to venture down to 6/7, there's not much on the north side of the road anyway, bar EP, who you would think would be particularly picky on who they recruit at this point, or Salisbury/Pooraka.

Cant talk for the C grade much as we struggled to fill one the past month or so. A large portion of our B grade was made up of kids who if im correct could still be eligible to play U18 at other clubs. The handful of older players yes may have looked closer and to the lower divs. The rest (over 18 not over 30) from what i hear were looking at playing with mates (possibly same clubs as mates who played in SN A grade) or trying to still challenge themselves at higher div clubs.
It will be a shame for SAAFL to lose so many of these players if they do chose to play country football and enjoy it.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:31 pm

[quote="Footy Chick”]

I could almost put my house on the fact that if this was a southee club that was banned, you'd be the first one bleeting that bans should stick and have no sympathy at all. there is bias here because your club can't vulture any new players out of it.

Stick your keys in a bowl Bedge, you're kind of swinging a bit right now :lol:[/quote]
You’re semi correct, we can’t culture any new players and I wouldn’t have sympathy for Southern clubs.. but my club didn’t stand to benefit from any players as it was - we contacted guys, but $$ talks and we can’t match some of the offers - even for B Graders, so I don’t actually have any reason to be bias.

My stance would be the same for Southern clubs - ban the club, suspend the perpetrators, but don’t go stopping the rest from moving on.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby the joker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 pm

SAAFL is run by Muppets. They knew that only the clubs who had players transferring to them would vote yes. Why would you vote yes if it made your quest for a flag a bit harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Wasim1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 pm

What a weak bunch we have running the circus!
Give the club's the option to vote on it so we don't have to make the call and then we can't be held accountable for the decision,.Heard the boss may have had a couple of things to say at the tribunal that were interesting but they can wait for another day.Question is though if correct, " why did he sit as a tribunal member when they have a cast of thousands? I thought the top dog only took notes if anything.Got his mate as the tribunal chairman too I see
Last edited by Wasim1 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wasim1
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League