Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Then.....then I need to work out what to say at the funeral. I have no ******* idea what to say.... What do you say?

Whatever comes out of the end of the pen as you're writing it down mate. No rights or wrongs or expectations, just what your heart says is right.

I went with my 3 most memorable stories about my old man, dad was a funny bloke and he wouldn't have wanted everyone crying and being morbid so I picked out 3 memories that made everyone piss themselves laughing, my sister had a crack-up of a memory that she chucked in that wasn't as tame as mine.

At the end of the day you'll speak from your heart, you'll read it to siblings or immediate family for a bit of advice, it's your parting message to your mum so whatever comes to mind.

I spoke at dads funeral and did something similar. Got a few laughs. Mum was different, this will be harder. Planning not to write anything down other than bullet points. Its the way I roll. Look at the point, talk about it, and let the words come naturally, writing it down won't work for me.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Corona Man wrote:
I spoke at dads funeral and did something similar. Got a few laughs. Mum was different, this will be harder. Planning not to write anything down other than bullet points. Its the way I roll. Look at the point, talk about it, and let the words come naturally, writing it down won't work for me.

Good idea, I had thought of that but I was worried that I'll miss bits, as it is, no matter what's written in front of you everything gets all blurry and it becomes a race between finishing your eulogy or falling to pieces.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Terrible news and situation mate, wish you all the strength in the world
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:27 pm

Working the way through the arrangements. There is a lot to do, but we are getting there.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:09 am

Couldn’t sleep last night. Ended up getting the better of me. Pulled the laptop out at 2.00am. Wrote my Eulogy out in full. Took your advice LM as I didn’t want to miss anything. I’ve edited it a few times since and had Mrs C read it. She cried and told me it was beautiful.

Shout out to Boon for straightening me up on an old Port player who Mum admired.

Looking forward to delivering it and doing Mum proud.

Crying tears still.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:13 am

Corona Man wrote:Couldn’t sleep last night. Ended up getting the better of me. Pulled the laptop out at 2.00am. Wrote my Eulogy out in full. Took your advice LM as I didn’t want to miss anything. I’ve edited it a few times since and had Mrs C read it. She cried and told me it was beautiful.

Shout out to Boon for straightening me up on an old Port player who Mum admired.

Crying tears still.

Let it out mate....let it out.....

Thoughts with you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:41 am

Corona Man wrote:Couldn’t sleep last night. Ended up getting the better of me. Pulled the laptop out at 2.00am. Wrote my Eulogy out in full. Took your advice LM as I didn’t want to miss anything. I’ve edited it a few times since and had Mrs C read it. She cried and told me it was beautiful.

Crying tears still.

There's no manual for this type of stuff mate, we all hurt differently and find our own coping mechanisms.

My thoughts are with you, escape to a happy place when you're down and share your favourite memories with the ones you love.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Crying tears still.

There's no manual for this type of stuff mate, we all hurt differently and find our own coping mechanisms.

My thoughts are with you, escape to a happy place when you're down and share your favourite memories with the ones you love.

Might be a step ahead of you there LM. Should have the final funeral details sorted this afternoon. Tomorrow is my father in laws birthday. So we are planning a nice lunch, maybe even up at Mannum. I’d be very happy to just sit on the bank of the river for the afternoon and watch the water pass by.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Might be a step ahead of you there LM. Should have the final funeral details sorted this afternoon. Tomorrow is my father in laws birthday. So we are planning a nice lunch, maybe even up at Mannum. I’d be very happy to just sit on the bank of the river for the afternoon and watch the water pass by.

Good to hear mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Crying tears still.

Quiet reflection. Sounds perfect.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Grenville » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:03 pm

Crying tears still.

I did my old man's eulogy and all I can say is speak from the heart lad. I can't say it will get easier as I've thought about him every day since he left us. It still hurts like hell and always will but all I can say is remember them lad, they're worth their weight in gold. Thoughts are with you.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:42 am

Grenville wrote:

Crying tears still.

I did my old man's eulogy and all I can say is speak from the heart lad. I can't say it will get easier as I've thought about him every day since he left us. It still hurts like hell and always will but all I can say is remember them lad, they're worth their weight in gold. Thoughts are with you.

Writing it was the relatively easy part. Reading it will be bloody difficult.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:35 am

My young lad copped a head knock on Sat at footy and had mild concussion, we thought it was best to get him fully checked out so took him to the Flinders Emergency, jeepers that's an eye opener, was thankful when we got taken to the pediatric ward away from the general population. I take my hat off to anyone that works in there, no hourly rate would get me doing that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:09 am

Dutchy wrote:My young lad copped a head knock on Sat at footy and had mild concussion, we thought it was best to get him fully checked out so took him to the Flinders Emergency, jeepers that's an eye opener, was thankful when we got taken to the pediatric ward away from the general population. I take my hat off to anyone that works in there, no hourly rate would get me doing that.

public hospitals are pretty useless for concussions.

Growing brains also take longer to recover from a knock to the head - I wouldn't be recommending any training for him until next Tuesday at the earliest - and only if he shows no signs of concussions, like headaches, dizziness, feeling "not quite right" etc...

Definitely no game this week.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Dutchy wrote:My young lad copped a head knock on Sat at footy and had mild concussion, we thought it was best to get him fully checked out so took him to the Flinders Emergency, jeepers that's an eye opener, was thankful when we got taken to the pediatric ward away from the general population. I take my hat off to anyone that works in there, no hourly rate would get me doing that.

public hospitals are pretty useless for concussions.

Growing brains also take longer to recover from a knock to the head - I wouldn't be recommending any training for him until next Tuesday at the earliest - and only if he shows no signs of concussions, like headaches, dizziness, feeling "not quite right" etc...

Definitely no game this week.

Yeah will defintely take a conservative approach, I only just got to the ground after coaching my other lad down the road and didn't see it but amazingly one of the parents had their video phone going so we got vision of it. He had wobbly legs big time. Still has a headache today, is off school and obviously didn't play club footy yesterday. Cheers
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Yeah will defintely take a conservative approach, I only just got to the ground after coaching my other lad down the road and didn't see it but amazingly one of the parents had their video phone going so we got vision of it. He had wobbly legs big time. Still has a headache today, is off school and obviously didn't play club footy yesterday. Cheers

My daughter copped a nasty one last year and ended up in hospital overnight, she's had a couple of others as she has no fear on the footy field and is a little clumsy, probably gonna opt for a helmet next season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

My daughter copped a nasty one last year and ended up in hospital overnight, she's had a couple of others as she has no fear on the footy field and is a little clumsy, probably gonna opt for a helmet next season.

Helmets don't do alot, it'll stop cuts to the head but thats about it

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Footy Chick

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Amen sister!

I've had some doozies in the last three years. More dings with the helmet, than without.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion