Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby phossil » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Acc0988 wrote:Phossil it was actually Front & Centre that posted that not me but he doesn’t seem to be able to give specific examples

Sorry Acc0988. I didn't follow Down The Hill's advice well enough.

Any additional comment Front & Centre?
phossil
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby JD1981 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 am

Does anyone know how bad the injuries were to the Flaggies players Saturday? I believe at least two ambulances required and big name injuries - Smith and Vandermeer???
JD1981
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby minibusakahalfacoach » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Happy Valley Noarlunga Eagleton, Jonathan Pending 2018-06-27
minibusakahalfacoach
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

JD1981 wrote:Does anyone know how bad the injuries were to the Flaggies players Saturday? I believe at least two ambulances required and big name injuries - Smith and Vandermeer???

Correct, not sure of extent of injuries or weeks missed.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby King » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:22 pm

JD1981 wrote:Does anyone know how bad the injuries were to the Flaggies players Saturday? I believe at least two ambulances required and big name injuries - Smith and Vandermeer???

Both done for the year, and in Smith's case could be career ending!!!!!!!
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby JD1981 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:20 am

Both done for the year, and in Smith's case could be career ending!!!!!!![/quote]

Gee that's terrible news, hope the news gets better for them both...
JD1981
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 pm

phossil wrote:
Acc0988 wrote:Phossil it was actually Front & Centre that posted that not me but he doesn’t seem to be able to give specific examples

Have personally heard from ex MV people that committee have been involved in influencing selection - the example that was brought up was the former secretary's son.

As far as HV are concerned I heard at the game last week there is now something in writing that states the executive have final say in selections. With a few executive who have sons playing senior footy I find this incomprehensible.
On a positive note there was a huge turnout for Hank Middleton on Saturday which ended with a great win over Reynella. Unfortunately things turned sour soon after that after the A grade sang an alternative version of the club song which Hank had suggested at the AGM few years back resulting in the captain being called in for a meeting.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby phossil » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:08 am

While all parents try to put their children forward in the best way possible, at MV the coach (and his designated assistants) pick the team. From what I have seen they are always solely responsible for that task.

Good to hear Hank was honoured well. He has been a great contributor to the Happy Valley Football Club over many years and has always helped opposition clubs whenever needed. I am sure all at MVFC give him our very best wishes for the future.
phossil
Mini-League

Postby afc9798 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:49 am

King wrote:

Wow. That's terrible to hear. Hopefully for Smith it's not career ending, all the best to both lads!!
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 am

phossil wrote:While all parents try to put their children forward in the best way possible, at MV the coach (and his designated assistants) pick the team. From what I have seen they are always solely responsible for that task.

Good to hear Hank was honoured well. He has been a great contributor to the Happy Valley Football Club over many years and has always helped opposition clubs whenever needed. I am sure all at MVFC give him our very best wishes for the future.

Was honoured in style. Hall Of Fame for the SFL, Governor's Award, Premier's Award and the changerooms named after him. I think he was a bit overwhelmed, but as always he was exceptionally humble. A fitting tribute to such a great club servant.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby jet-airport » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:07 am

King wrote:

Vanders back this year, may miss as little as 3 games, good news for the lad as he's a cracking player ,pity he will miss state champs next week.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby ol man emu » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Front & Centre wrote:
phossil wrote:

Have personally heard from ex MV people that committee have been involved in influencing selection - the example that was brought up was the former secretary's son.

As far as HV are concerned I heard at the game last week there is now something in writing that states the executive have final say in selections. With a few executive who have sons playing senior footy I find this incomprehensible.
On a positive note there was a huge turnout for Hank Middleton on Saturday which ended with a great win over Reynella. Unfortunately things turned sour soon after that after the A grade sang an alternative version of the club song which Hank had suggested at the AGM few years back resulting in the captain being called in for a meeting.

As far as the comment regarding MV, FAKE NEWS.
There is absolutely no way that is happening at the M.V.F.C.
Anyone who knows the coaching staff would know they wouldn't be influenced by anyone.
By the way the ex secretary's son is playing great football and that is why he's in the team.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Acc0988 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:07 pm

not sure what makes F & C think the exec have final say as only 1 of the 3 with adult players actually plays A’s so how do you figure?

And by the way what club has an alternate club song? As far as I know they only have the 1 song?
Acc0988
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Kangarilla

Postby Divers » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:18 am

Cheque book has been dusted off at the Shoeys
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 am

Divers wrote:Cheque book has been dusted off at the Shoeys

:roll:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:58 am

Acc0988 wrote:not sure what makes F & C think the exec have final say as only 1 of the 3 with adult players actually plays A’s so how do you figure?

And by the way what club has an alternate club song? As far as I know they only have the 1 song?

I am confused why they’d sing a different song in the first place? If it’s to honour hank, than you’d surely sing the original and if it was needed sing the one hank likes. Bit odd :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:26 pm

How the hell did Valleys beat Reynella?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby vics01 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:45 pm

DIVERS

Cheque book has been dusted off at the Shoeys

:weedman: Airlines running again?
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:How the hell did Valleys beat Reynella?

I'm puzzled by that result as well, plus a flogging by the shoes.
Not travelling well at all.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:44 am

ol man emu wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:
phossil wrote:

As far as the comment regarding MV, FAKE NEWS.
There is absolutely no way that is happening at the M.V.F.C.
Anyone who knows the coaching staff would know they wouldn't be influenced by anyone.
By the way the ex secretary's son is playing great football and that is why he's in the team.

Ol Man Emu I said have been not currently are influencing selection. I was told this was when secretary's son first started playing A grade not current season.
In HV's case it still is happening with friction between coach, committee, players contributing to a poor culture.
Coach having to continually justify why certain players are not selected
The song that was put forward at the AGM was the Richmond club song. It was sung after the game against Reynella in honour of Hank who made the suggestion and captain was called before committee for a please explain
How did we beat Reynella? Perhaps large crowd of past players there to honour Hank helped.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL