ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby whitepointers » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Minotaur wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
whitepointers wrote:There is much more to this than has been revealed so far. If any of you go to Presentations next Tuesday it may come out in the open. Sheidow Park unlucky but they been making a mockery of the competition the entire season.

In what way? Their Section 4 side seem like a good bunch of blokes on and off the field.

I think you will find WP is referencing Kenilworth doing it longer than has been alluded to. If SPCC has been making a mockery of the season then it is news to us.

Ah ok that's not how I read it. Carry on.

Yeah I can see how you could've read it that way.
Wasn't having a go at SPCC. Feel bad for them.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Moe » Sat May 26, 2018 7:46 pm

If any clubs are struggling with under 16 numbers, PM me and we may be able to help each other out.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby whitepointers » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 pm

The Executive have decided these penalties for Kenilworth Cricket Club.
1. Kenilworth 3 to gain no points for all games where players played under false names including loss of SF and GF.
2. Club to be fined $330. $200 for so many forfeited games and $130 for premiership medallions wrongly awarded.
3. Each Kenilworth team that plays next season will lose 6 premiership points from round 1.
4. At the discretion of the Executive any infringement of Player Permits, Clearances or clearly identifying and using the team named before the toss will result in 18 Premiership points being taken from each Kenilworth team in addition to the consequence of the infringement.
5. The Kenilworth III Captain Rooahullah Agha is, under the laws of cricket, responsible for ensuring that the team is as named. He is suspended from playing for 2 matches, but we will suspend that ban only to be served if he again offends in similar manner during the next 2 seasons along with any other penalty determined then. The penalty is suspended because Roo was a young captain and John Gritzalis says he was responsible for players with false names.
6. John Gritzalis took on the task of naming sides and advising the Captain of who could and couldn’t play. In that role he knowingly played an unqualified player in the Semi-Final using someone else’s name. He is suspended from playing for 8 matches, but we will suspend the ban of 5 of those matches only to be served if he again offends in similar manner during the next 2 seasons along with any other penalty determined then. That means John Gritzalis cannot play Rounds 1, 2 and 3 in 2018/19. The 5 matches are suspended because of his long years playing for Adelaide and Suburban without report, his service years ago as Association Statistician, the pressure he was under to name a side with unavailable players, the challenge the club took on to have a team of so many recent arrivals and the workload that his club left to him.
7. The Association and Opponents trust that the Captain will correctly name the players. Most players are unknown to the opposition. Just a few are seen year after year and become familiar. Kenilworth CC has broken that trust. The only way to be sure the players named are playing is to collect photos with names. Our games involve juniors and others whose image may not be made public so for the next season all Kenilworth teams will need to send a photo of the team with names in order by MMS to the Association President or his nominee at Tea each day of a 2day game and at change of innings of a 1day game. Any day the photo and list is not sent will cause the Kenilworth side to lose all points for the match.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Whack!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Whack!

Pretty soft on the players.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whitepointers » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Whack!

Pretty soft on the players.

I agree.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Decent whack on the club, not so much against the players but I reckon that's fair enough.

I hate seeing people not playing who want to be playing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Booney wrote:Decent whack on the club, not so much against the players but I reckon that's fair enough.

Same but knowingly using false names is right up there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whitepointers » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Booney wrote:Decent whack on the club, not so much against the players but I reckon that's fair enough.

Naming false players in 7 minor round games, a semi final and grand final is pretty big I would've thought.

Not much worse in cricket than deliberately cheating.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:25 pm

whitepointers wrote:

Naming false players in 7 minor round games, a semi final and grand final is pretty big I would've thought.

Not much worse in cricket than deliberately cheating.

I'm with you there, but banning people from playing Div 5 hard wicket isn't exactly great for a game that struggles to retain players, that's why I'm all for club punishment and not player punishment.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Booney wrote:
I'm with you there, but banning people from playing Div 5 hard wicket isn't exactly great for a game that struggles to retain players, that's why I'm all for club punishment and not player punishment.

K
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:57 pm

I played against this team twice. I have played ALOT of cricket and they were the biggest cheats I have ever played against. Absolute rabble.. Baffled how they won it and even more baffling I didn't make a run against them :(

in my defence I hadn't played for a very long time :oops:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Moe » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:26 pm

Imagine the call from the scorer's on the boundary....

Bowlers Name??
Ok, now his real name.......
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby whitepointers » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:42 am

A CRICKET club will have to send player photos to competition officials during matches after using a false identity six times last season, including in the grand final.

The Adelaide and Suburban Cricket Association stripped Kenilworth of its C-grade flag in March for playing Ishfaq Khan under the name Ibrar Ahmad in the section nine decider against Port Noarlunga.

After further investigation, the association last month issued more sanctions and demanded the club submitted captioned photos of its three teams for all games next season because that was “the only way to be sure the players named are playing”.

Kenilworth Cricket Club president John Gritzalis.
If Kenilworth officials do not send the pictures to association president Phil Davis at tea of all two-day games or between innings in one-dayers, the club will lose the points for that match.

Davis said Kenilworth “made a nonsense of the rules of cricket and our constitution”.

The association has also deducted six premiership points from Kenilworth’s three teams next season, fined the club $330 and handed down bans to its president John Gritzalis (eight games, five suspended) and C-grade skipper Rooahullah Agha (two matches, both suspended).

“We’ve done this to point out to them and everyone else that you can’t play people under someone else’s name,” Davis said.

“It doesn’t seem to be a deliberate attempt to do something, but I’m sure at some stage they became aware of the mistake but didn’t tell us about it when they could have.

“You can’t just hide behind ‘we didn’t know’.”

Khan opened the batting for Kenilworth in the grand final under the name Ahmad and scored 42 not out.

Port Noarlunga officials believed the person listed as Ahmad did not look like the one they had played earlier in the season and reported their suspicions to the league.

The association’s investigation determined Khan had also played four minor-round matches under the wrong name last season and another Kenilworth cricketer lined up with a false identity in the semi-final.

Kenilworth will lose a further 18 premiership points from all three of its teams if the club infringes again with regard to naming teams, player permits or clearances.

The suspended bans will be enforced to Gritzalis and Agha if they offend again over the next two years.

Gritzalis, who also played in the grand final, said the club accepted the sanctions.

“Kenilworth gives our full support for the strict application of the rules, which is essential in order to maintain the integrity of any competition,” Gritzalis said.

“We thank the association for the professional and fair manner in which they have addressed the issue.”
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am

So will the association president go to the ground to cross reference the photos sent vs the players playing?
Seems a bit redundant unless the photos also go to the opposition who can cross-check.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Trader wrote:So will the association president go to the ground to cross reference the photos sent vs the players playing?
Seems a bit redundant unless the photos also go to the opposition who can cross-check.

This must be a joke?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 pm

My comment or them actually sending photos to someone not at the ground?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Trader wrote:My comment or them actually sending photos to someone not at the ground?

Not your comment just the whole idea of photo recognition .

Simple found breaking rules fine or ban !
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The_Observant_One » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

The word around the place is that Port Noarlunga could be in for a tough season with a few Out's. Any comment from whitepointers?
The_Observant_One
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby whitepointers » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 pm

The_Observant_One wrote:The word around the place is that Port Noarlunga could be in for a tough season with a few Out's. Any comment from whitepointers?

Not sure.
Maybe you can tell me ?
whitepointers
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps