Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:That my best mate, my pup, has a cough that won't go away and I know it's not good.

:( :( :( :(
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:That my best mate, my pup, has a cough that won't go away and I know it's not good.

:shock:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1734 times
Been liked: 2142 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:56 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:

No good mate....no good....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Got through it. Wouldn’t say I nailed, wouldn’t say I stuffed it.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1270 times
Been liked: 3454 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Corona Man wrote:Got through it. Wouldn’t say I nailed, wouldn’t say I stuffed it.

Well played mate. Well played.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Corona Man wrote:Got through it. Wouldn’t say I nailed, wouldn’t say I stuffed it.

Well done CM, I’m sure you did your mum proud.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4189 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Grenville » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:02 pm

You made it through lad, that's well and truly enough.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:49 am

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

It's shit. I'm barely coping, tbh.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

It's shit. I'm barely coping, tbh.

Bye bye my special little mate. He sure was a special hound DW :heart:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1734 times
Been liked: 2142 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:59 pm

Drove past the Holden factory last weekend. What a sad sight that has become.

I remember going there in about 1996 or 1997 to rework some components the company I was working for had made, spent a couple of weeks out there in various parts of the plant.

To see it how it is now, quite a reminder of what has been lost, never to return.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Booney wrote:Drove past the Holden factory last weekend. What a sad sight that has become.

I remember going there in about 1996 or 1997 to rework some components the company I was working for had made, spent a couple of weeks out there in various parts of the plant.

To see it how it is now, quite a reminder of what has been lost, never to return.
Did the same a couple of weeks ago too. 3 cars parked at the Security Gate and that was it!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:57 pm

When your five and three year old daughters ask if “mummy and daddy are ever going to get back together” and “we only want one house”.

I always get these questions. They never ask their mum these types of questions.

:(
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3012 times
Been liked: 2382 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:When your five and three year old daughters ask if “mummy and daddy are ever going to get back together” and “we only want one house”.

I always get these questions. They never ask their mum these types of questions.

It breaks your heart, man. I consistently got told "I miss mum" whenever I had custody in the early days, but if you continue to smile, tell your kids how much you love them and love spending time with them and continue to do new, fun and exciting things with them - you will begin to get less of the above questions, and more of the positive comments, compliments and love you's. Now, Jnr Valleys only tells me he misses mum when he is in trouble :lol:

Just give it time and continue to create positivity in their world.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1167 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Great advice Valleys
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:50 pm

valleys07 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:When your five and three year old daughters ask if “mummy and daddy are ever going to get back together” and “we only want one house”.

It breaks your heart, man. I consistently got told "I miss mum" whenever I had custody in the early days, but if you continue to smile, tell your kids how much you love them and love spending time with them and continue to do new, fun and exciting things with them - you will begin to get less of the above questions, and more of the positive comments, compliments and love you's. Now, Jnr Valleys only tells me he misses mum when he is in trouble :lol:

Just give it time and continue to create positivity in their world.

Thanks mate. My girls are doing incredibly well considering. The positive stuff you mentioned is happening a lot more.
Yep, when they are in trouble do the exact same thing.
The questions aren’t as regular as they used to be. But they still suck.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:01 am

1: Do you know for sure that they never ask her mate?
2: Don't even begin to wonder what goes on there in your absence, it will do your head in and you'll never find closure.

I was a bit more fortunate as my kids were 7 & 9, I had somewhat planned my escape and told no one, I cut my ties with my circle of friends and concentrated on building a better life for my kids and I, it was bloody hard though as we were heavily involved in running a cricket club and footy club, took about 4 months of inner pain but it was well worth it in the end.

Just do your best to not speak ill of your ex in front of them, my kids knew what I thought of their mum but at the end of the day she is still their mum and deserves some respect.

You seem to be on the right track mate, there's no manual to follow and everyone deals with new situations differently, it will kick you in the balls if she meets someone but it will also be a huge relief.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

1: Do you know for sure that they never ask her mate?
2: Don't even begin to wonder what goes on there in your absence, it will do your head in and you'll never find closure.

I was a bit more fortunate as my kids were 7 & 9, I had somewhat planned my escape and told no one, I cut my ties with my circle of friends and concentrated on building a better life for my kids and I, it was bloody hard though as we were heavily involved in running a cricket club and footy club, took about 4 months of inner pain but it was well worth it in the end.

Just do your best to not speak ill of your ex in front of them, my kids knew what I thought of their mum but at the end of the day she is still their mum and deserves some respect.

You seem to be on the right track mate, there's no manual to follow and everyone deals with new situations differently, it will kick you in the balls if she meets someone but it will also be a huge relief.

Thanks mate... I appreciate it

yeah I asked because I was getting them all the time... She said no...

My concern was never how she goes by herself as a mum, regardless how I feel she is a great mum... Zero chance of bagging to the kids, that is toxic. I am more concerned about her family than her...
what did and occasionally still does my head in is what she is doing when she doesn't have the kids :? that has eaten me up on numerous occasions...

we actually had a very good chat last night... About parenting and general life... We are incredibly honest... That's what shits me, we still get on pretty well considering. Most the time anyways. Probably by this time next week we will hate each other
Another thing which has baffled me and bothered me is her ability to emotionally check out in regard to us so quickly. She found out I was with someone else, did not phase her one bit... Her finding out is because my inability to lie...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 am

Listening to the radio this morning and hearing a father has murdered his 15 and 13 year old kids before taking his own life. Similar ages to my kids made it really hit home
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:50 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Thanks mate... I appreciate it

yeah I asked because I was getting them all the time... She said no...

My concern was never how she goes by herself as a mum, regardless how I feel she is a great mum... Zero chance of bagging to the kids, that is toxic. I am more concerned about her family than her...
1: what did and occasionally still does my head in is what she is doing when she doesn't have the kids :? that has eaten me up on numerous occasions...

we actually had a very good chat last night... About parenting and general life... We are incredibly honest... That's what shits me, we still get on pretty well considering. Most the time anyways. Probably by this time next week we will hate each other
2: Another thing which has baffled me and bothered me is her ability to emotionally check out in regard to us so quickly. She found out I was with someone else, did not phase her one bit... Her finding out is because my inability to lie...

1: Yep, that will do your head in, let her live a bit, you do.

2: Women are better at this than men strangely enough. Look at it this way, she has a 3 and 5 year old to tend to most of the time, you come in and take them off her hands for a couple of days, she knows they are safe and with someone they love, she can feel free to be herself again, free of commitment, free of daily routine, of course she's going to be relieved.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

Brodlach wrote:Listening to the radio this morning and hearing a father has murdered his 15 and 13 year old kids before taking his own life. Similar ages to my kids made it really hit home

Exactly my kids ages, just totally f****** up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion