5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
zedman wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:I don't usually complain about umpires on here but is anyone else finding them getting worse lately?

The 14yo girl that umpired my U6s yesterday had more of an idea than the 2 that rocked up Saturday.

Can we ban umpires from watching Friday night footy?!

i want to know what happened to the holding the ball rule?

players are given far to long to dispose now or be judged as having prior opportunity..

where is the reward for tackling?

i think the umpires might be as confused as us with interpreting it..

do the league understand that giving the free removes congestion?

we laid over 52 tackles saturday and got one holding the ball..thats not normal..

I can tell you it's no different in Div1. There were a total of 3 holding the ball decisions paid in the TTG v Goodwood Saints game on Saturday and one of those was when the TTG ruckman grabbed the ball out of a ruck contest and was deemed to have had prior opportunity. I would say the average number of holding the ball decisions per game would be less than 5. The umpires are pretty consistent, but it is easy to be consistent when you continually give the guy in possession the benefit of the doubt. It is definitely leading to congestion and a certain amount of frustration with players. Players know they won't be penalised, so they just take the tackle and go for a ball up if there isn't a clear option to kick or handball to a team mate. I'm not saying we should umpire our games to the same standard as AFL, but reducing the time on prior opportunity, rewarding the tackler and paying a few more holding the ball decisions would definitely open the game up a lot more.

bingo..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Executive Member wrote:
I always though that you should give the bloke getting the footy more reward than a bloke sweating off and tackling, its a part of the game the AFL has gone in the wrong direction, rewarding the tackler, unless the bloke has been run down then don't pay HTB on a bloke putting his head over the ball :D

I'm all for rewarding the bloke who gets the footy. I agree the AFL have gone too far in favour of the tackler, but equally, the umpiring in Adelaide FL has gone too far the other way. Just needs a minor adjustment.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:15 pm

zedman wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
zedman wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:I don't usually complain about umpires on here but is anyone else finding them getting worse lately?

The 14yo girl that umpired my U6s yesterday had more of an idea than the 2 that rocked up Saturday.

players are given far to long to dispose now or be judged as having prior opportunity..

we laid over 52 tackles saturday and got one holding the ball..thats not normal..

I can tell you it's no different in Div1. There were a total of 3 holding the ball decisions paid in the TTG v Goodwood Saints game on Saturday and one of those was when the TTG ruckman grabbed the ball out of a ruck contest and was deemed to have had prior opportunity. I would say the average number of holding the ball decisions per game would be less than 5. The umpires are pretty consistent, but it is easy to be consistent when you continually give the guy in possession the benefit of the doubt. It is definitely leading to congestion and a certain amount of frustration with players. Players know they won't be penalised, so they just take the tackle and go for a ball up if there isn't a clear option to kick or handball to a team mate. I'm not saying we should umpire our games to the same standard as AFL, but reducing the time on prior opportunity, rewarding the tackler and paying a few more holding the ball decisions would definitely open the game up a lot more.

bingo..

Couldn't agree more, when the crowd from both sides are so confused about the non holding the ball decisions then you have a major issue.
Opposition supporters end up mates because they all agree.
All you can hear from the players and coaches is (Hold It In) game turns into a game of rugby at times.
With prior opportunity holding the ball is still out the window 90% of the time.
Players are frustrated, i just think they would rather make no decision at all.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby old fullback » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:06 am

The Bedge wrote:Don’t judge a club on one blokes actions, happened early and WS didn’t put him back on, plus they weren’t like full on whacks just little love taps, toughen the kids up - like welcome to A grade footy young pup :lol:

Plus didn’t whack me so I still enjoyed myself :lol:

Why didn't he go back on? Cant afford to get reported? On the limit of suspensions? Resting?
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Executive Member » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
I always though that you should give the bloke getting the footy more reward than a bloke sweating off and tackling, its a part of the game the AFL has gone in the wrong direction, rewarding the tackler, unless the bloke has been run down then don't pay HTB on a bloke putting his head over the ball :D

I'm all for rewarding the bloke who gets the footy. I agree the AFL have gone too far in favour of the tackler, but equally, the umpiring in Adelaide FL has gone too far the other way. Just needs a minor adjustment.

I’ve just learned the League is holding a meeting with 8 coaches across a range of divisions, an ex coach who is coaching in another league, the umpiring department as well as SANFL Umpiring this afternoon at HQ. It would appear the coaches have support in this matter from the CEO who also believes the AdFL has gone too far the other way as well.

However, you should also note that for every coach who says it’s too long there are some coaches who like it the way it is because it removes the risk of varying interpretations of umpires of what is too much time and what is not enough.
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby S Demon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:20 am

old fullback wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Don’t judge a club on one blokes actions, happened early and WS didn’t put him back on, plus they weren’t like full on whacks just little love taps, toughen the kids up - like welcome to A grade footy young pup :lol:

Plus didn’t whack me so I still enjoyed myself :lol:

Why didn't he go back on? Cant afford to get reported? On the limit of suspensions? Resting?

Was Daniel Sumner, not Timmy who is on the limit
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby zedman » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:21 am

Executive Member wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

I’ve just learned the League is holding a meeting with 8 coaches across a range of divisions, an ex coach who is coaching in another league, the umpiring department as well as SANFL Umpiring this afternoon at HQ. It would appear the coaches have support in this matter from the CEO who also believes the AdFL has gone too far the other way as well.

However, you should also note that for every coach who says it’s too long there are some coaches who like it the way it is because it removes the risk of varying interpretations of umpires of what is too much time and what is not enough.

i commend the league for moving quickly here..it is a genuine problem and needs to be tidied up..well done!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
zedman wrote:

I always thought that was a free but its not in the Laws anymore
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
zedman wrote:

I always thought that was a free but its not in the Laws anymore
Why isn't it in the rules anymore? If there's a reason why it isn't I missed it.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:23 pm

The Bedge wrote:CBCOC
Lockleys
Pulteney

Blackfriars
Woodville South
Hope Valley
Smithfield

Kenilworth
Ingle Farm
Hectorville

I suspect 5 wins will be enough to avoid relegation, top 5 will be a fair bit harder but would think the top 4 are pretty well locks and everyone else will be fighting for 5th...

Not a bad pre-season prediction.. grossly underestimated Kenilworth though. Appears 3 or 4 wins is enough to avoid relegation as well.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby bicdicmic » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Ya’ll still be sleeping on CBOC #staywoke
bicdicmic
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby bicdicmic » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:06 pm

We finna get wins bruh. We always on that grind, we ain’t ever sleeping #godsplan
bicdicmic
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Spewing I can’t make it today out to HV. Will be 2 interesting clashes with our 3’s suffering unfortunately due to the casualty list.

Will be very interested to see how we go in the magoos as I reckon they have performed remarkably well in recent weeks considering the personnel challenges. Bit of credit where it’s due there to the coaches but today see’s a massive challenge with massive opportunity. Good luck to all today.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Dolphins over Woody South by 4 points, incredible to think that such a strong side may now miss out on finals.
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:14 pm

That’s div 5 for you this year. Top 6 teams are all capable on their day of knocking each other off and the standard of these teams like for like imo is higher than it has been in the last 2 years at least. CBC the standouts obviously and at their very best they are the best. Only need to be a little off though and there have been some results in recent weeks even from lower sides that are eye opening.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby S Demon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:27 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Spewing I can’t make it today out to HV. Will be 2 interesting clashes with our 3’s suffering unfortunately due to the casualty list.

Will be very interested to see how we go in the magoos as I reckon they have performed remarkably well in recent weeks considering the personnel challenges. Bit of credit where it’s due there to the coaches but today see’s a massive challenge with massive opportunity. Good luck to all today.

34 scoring shots to 10 probably tells the story in the 2’s. Far too good in the A’s. Big game next week v Hectorville. Need to win that if we want to stay in Div 5 in 2019...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:36 pm

S Demon wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Spewing I can’t make it today out to HV. Will be 2 interesting clashes with our 3’s suffering unfortunately due to the casualty list.

34 scoring shots to 10 probably tells the story in the 2’s. Far too good in the A’s. Big game next week v Hectorville. Need to win that if we want to stay in Div 5 in 2019...

Hecticville are terrible, I think you guys are pretty safe.
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:30 am

S Demon wrote:

Yes looked like we didn’t offer the same form leading up to that yesterday.

Our A’s first win at Hope Valley in 16 years so we’ll take that and hopefully get a few back this week through A’s and B’s to kickstart our C’s once again.

Multiple things would have to go seriously wrong for you guys to go down at seasons end. I think you’re safe.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:19 am

S Demon wrote:Need to win that if we want to stay in Div 5 in 2019...

Your percentage alone would keep you above the bottom 2 by end of the season.

Heccies finish with CBC & PUL, Farmers finish with KEN & CBC lol.

The only way you'd get relegated would be if you lost to both HEC & IF - that would give the winner of the HEC v IF game a glimmer of hope..

However watching IF recent weeks, it's almost like they've conceded the season and given up. :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby number2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:22 am

S Demon wrote:

HV B grade are a gritty team and are in some real good form, lets just keep in mind they do have to leave their oval again soon though (they are a way better side at home than away). Kenilworth had their ruckman go down at half time with a back complaint and a player pull out 20mins before the game and had to sit an injured player on the bench. No excuses though, KFC were in front at half time, probably due to HV's inaccurate kicking but still in front. Was a really good effort from the lads that went out there however they just got ran over eventually.

One thing i did notice was a big disparity in the HV B grade effort and A grade effort. Keep in mind Kenilworth had quite a few first choice A graders out which flows through to the B grade so i would have expected a more competitive game in the A's but HV seemed to roll over when it got hard IMO.
number2

Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League