2017/18 NBL Season/Boomers/Off-Season news

Re: 2017/18 NBL Season/Boomers/Off-Season news

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:It was a disgraceful act by Kickert which started it.

Both teams should be ashamed

The whole Phillapines team should be ashamed as well as Kickert and Goulding. Not the whole Australian team Delly was mortified!

Goulding was ‘egging’ the crowd on and his constant flopping is an absolute joke.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:25 pm

I’ve stopped watching it. Every time I do I want to belt one of those little pricks. Some of the weakest actions I’ve seen in any sport I’ve watched or played in. If you’re going to punch someone in the back of the head stay there to cop it when he turns around to knock you in to next year.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 pm

How does Kickerts elbow make you feel?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:45 pm

That’s weak as piss too.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:33 am

Strengthening the ties between the Utah Jazz and the 36ers assistant coach Tracy York is joining the Jazz coaching staff as a guest coach during the Utah Summer League and possibly in Las Vegas as well.

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/42694-ad ... -utah-jazz

Ex-NBL players & other Aussies playing in the NBA Summer League:

Mitch Creek, Dallas
Duop Reath, Dallas
Demitrius Conger, Boston
Casper Ware, Portland
Travis Trice, Milwaukee
Perry Ellis, Milwaukee
Emmett Naar, Phoenix
Terrance Ferguson, Oklahoma City
Carrick Felix, Washington
JP Tokoto, Golden State
Xavier Cooks, Golden State
Jock Landale, Atlanta
Deng Adel, Houston
Scoochie Smith, Cleveland
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:50 am

Some turd created a fake Chris Goulding Twitter account and has tweeted racial slurs against the Filo players. Twitter has nearly exploded into an international incident.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1206 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:10 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Some turd created a fake Chris Goulding Twitter account and has tweeted racial slurs against the Filo players. Twitter has nearly exploded into an international incident.

Read about that this morning.
Some people are just mental.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:18 pm

It really does not help the situation when the Philippino Basketball President quotes that he is “Proud of the way the team and officials stood up to the bullying and didn’t allow them selves to be pushed around”.

FIBA should piss this disgraceful mob off for a long time after the incident and the aftermath. They clearly don’t regret anything and are weak as piss. If that doesn’t tell you it was pre-meditated then I don’t know what does.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Bandit » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Obviously there is some actual fighting going on which could get someone hurt but watching Thon Maker in the footage is hilarious...

For me, the fight is broken into three parts:
1. People actually fighting
2. People participating in handbags at 10 paces
3. Thon Maker - WTF is he actually doing?
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Bandit wrote:Obviously there is some actual fighting going on which could get someone hurt but watching Thon Maker in the footage is hilarious...

For me, the fight is broken into three parts:
1. People actually fighting
2. People participating in handbags at 10 paces
3. Thon Maker - WTF is he actually doing?

I missed point 1.
Was there an actual fight?
Thon Maker is hilarious.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Watch the bloke pick the ball up and wield it as a weapon. He then double handed slams it down on whoever it was on the ground. Classic. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:01 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It really does not help the situation when the Philippino Basketball President quotes that he is “Proud of the way the team and officials stood up to the bullying and didn’t allow them selves to be pushed around”.

FIBA should piss this disgraceful mob off for a long time after the incident and the aftermath. They clearly don’t regret anything and are weak as piss. If that doesn’t tell you it was pre-meditated then I don’t know what does.

I reckon Kickert should get a 4-5 game suspension which would likely end his international career anyway as he was always highly unlikely to make the World Cup team next year. As disappointing as it is in what he did I've been pretty impressed with both his play and dedication to the national team in recent years. Thon Maker should get a pass for trying to 'help' his teammates.

At least half that Filipino team should get 12 month bans, the officials and support staff that got stuck in should be banned for life. The national team should be banned from competing in next year's WC and for the lack on contrition shown taking selfies immediately afterwards proud of their work and the carry on from their officials in the aftermath I hope they get stripped of their WC hosting rights in 2023.

They're disgraced the game given the sport a serious black eye and need to be seen to be duly punished however I think it's more likely FIBA goes easy on them with regards to similar incidents that have happened in the past. Thank god for man mountain Luc Longley playing peacemaker there and the fact it appears no one was seriously hurt.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Whatever bans the Filipinos get I think Kickert deserves the same.
He incited the brawl so he deserves to be penalised as much as anyone.

Thankfully no one got hurt as you said.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm

It would appear that the catalyst was during the pre game warm up where a Filo player deliberately tripped Kickert near the half way line. This says more about the home team's state of mind going into the match. I think they were looking for a fight.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1206 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:15 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Whatever bans the Filipinos get I think Kickert deserves the same.
He incited the brawl so he deserves to be penalised as much as anyone.

Thankfully no one got hurt as you said.

As ordinary as it was what Kickert did there is no justification though for clearing the bench and going right on with it coaching staff and support staff included. There have been reports that during the pre-game warm ups one of the Filipino players tried to trip Kickert up I don't know if that's true or not but that extreme response from the Filipinos suggests it was premeditated and the Kickert elbow was just the excuse they needed.

There have also been reports that on game day we complained about the decal/stickers on the court as being too slippery and asked for them to be removed which supposedly made the Filipino basketball officials irate. We used to be in the Oceania region and only recently FIBA moved us and NZ into the Asian region for qualifiers so we're the big bad guy on the block who up until the shock Japan loss had been dominating the smaller and inferior Asian teams ever since we came into their group.

All that and the fact the Filipino team had just seen us the big bad guys slayed by the Japanese and that us and the Filipinos were equal top of our group and this was the big game to decide who finishes first on our group and thus an easier run in the second round of qualifiers plus a little bit of Asian vs white inferiority complex probably suggested this was going to be a heated encounter.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Sounds like the Filipinos were playing silly buggers during our practice session the day before the game too.

Boomers coach Andrej Lemanis has suggested his side's training session the day before their World Cup qualifier against the Philippines was deliberately sabotaged by the hosts.

Lemanis conceded the Australian team didn't follow the "correct process" by peeling off floor decals at the Philippine Arena in Bulacan on Sunday because they believed they posed a threat to player safety.

But he said help was not forthcoming from the Filipino basketball association, the SBP, when they flagged the issue.

The removal of the advertising stickers appeared to greatly rile the Philippines team, who interpreted it as an act of disrespect towards their country.

"We got to practice, we only get a two-hour window," Lemanis told reporters on Wednesday morning after arriving back in Australia.

"It was an important game, there were lots of things that weren't right with the venue when we got there.

"One of the rings was obviously high. They came and measured it and it was like six or seven inches high. We never got a resolution to that.

"People sort of disappeared out of the building who were trying to help us.

"It became evident the court was unsafe to play on with the decals, the way that they were. We initially asked for some help but everyone sort of disappeared out of the building.

Disagreements over the floor decals and an altercation during the pre-game warm-ups set the tone for a tense, fiery game and the huge third-quarter brawl that unfolded.

Lemanis wasn't out on the court during the warm-ups, but vision showed a Filipino player extending a leg out to trip up Daniel Kickert as he returned to the back of their lay-up lane.

Reports suggest Kickert had tried to ask Philippines players to move back onto their side of the court and pushed one of them earlier when they didn't comply.

"Just from what the guys are saying, we were in our half, and they were in our half for periods of the warm-up," Lemanis said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/aap/ar ... manis.html
Gozu
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Booney wrote:Watch the bloke pick the ball up and wield it as a weapon. He then double handed slams it down on whoever it was on the ground. Classic. :lol:

They build em tough in the Philippines!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 pm

In fairness I would have been scared for my life if I was the Aussies.
Crime and murder is rampant in the Philippines and in a lot of countries in South East Asia if you insult or hit the wrong person you can suddenly have a lot of people on you, some with weapons, some without.
The Aussie's were very lucky the thousands of Phillapinos in the stands didn't decide to get involved.
I hope the mental health of those there isn't affected long term.
Luc Longley is a dead set legend.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:In fairness I would have been scared for my life if I was the Aussies.
Crime and murder is rampant in the Philippines and in a lot of countries in South East Asia if you insult or hit the wrong person you can suddenly have a lot of people on you, some with weapons, some without.
The Aussie's were very lucky the thousands of Phillapinos in the stands didn't decide to get involved.
I hope the mental health of those there isn't affected long term.
Luc Longley is a dead set legend.

I spoke to one of our friends over there this morning and he believes the Filipinos in this instance have embarrassed their country and are copping plenty of flak over there for it.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Gozu wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:It really does not help the situation when the Philippino Basketball President quotes that he is “Proud of the way the team and officials stood up to the bullying and didn’t allow them selves to be pushed around”.

I reckon Kickert should get a 4-5 game suspension which would likely end his international career anyway as he was always highly unlikely to make the World Cup team next year. As disappointing as it is in what he did I've been pretty impressed with both his play and dedication to the national team in recent years. Thon Maker should get a pass for trying to 'help' his teammates.

At least half that Filipino team should get 12 month bans, the officials and support staff that got stuck in should be banned for life. The national team should be banned from competing in next year's WC and for the lack on contrition shown taking selfies immediately afterwards proud of their work and the carry on from their officials in the aftermath I hope they get stripped of their WC hosting rights in 2023.

They're disgraced the game given the sport a serious black eye and need to be seen to be duly punished however I think it's more likely FIBA goes easy on them with regards to similar incidents that have happened in the past. Thank god for man mountain Luc Longley playing peacemaker there and the fact it appears no one was seriously hurt.

After playing contact sport all my life I could understand if the blokes on the court from the Philippines punched on after the initial hit. But the footage showing those weak ***** on the sidelines and then every man and his dog jumping in for a cheap hit Is one of the worst things I’ve seen in any sport. If FIBA don’t ban them from international competition it would be a disgrace. No way in hell are they fit as a Country to host a WC of any sort in 2023. Their actions as a team endangered the safety and lives of visitors and since they have shown absolutely no remorse.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports  Basketball