4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby godra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 am

The Bedge wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote: Council kicked Sullies out of Sullies oval to accommodate South Adelaide Soccer Club. Was one of the reasons for the merge with Lonsdale back in 2001.

Still an absolute disgrace this occurred

Was such a nice setup at Sullies as well - especially for cricket.. far better than where they are now IMO.

#BringBackSullies

Great set up, but the smell from the water treatment plant on a warm day made it unpleasant at times.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:01 am

godra wrote:Great set up, but the smell from the water treatment plant on a warm day made it unpleasant at times.

Combined with using the bore water to water the ovals every couple of days :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:45 am

The Bedge wrote:
Courtney Fish wrote:
Undercover agent wrote:Lonsdales current facilities are shocking ! Coumftably the worst surface I have ever played on

It all makes sense now. It looked like it was your first game of football. You didn't look very coumftable out there.

Coumft is everything

Causes embarsement.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 am

Id like to donate $10 towards a fence around lonsdale football oval (and seperate it from the high school ovals) which would allow parking around the oval too and i will also donate $5 towards a new 2 storey clubrooms and community centre to be built there.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:47 am

marbles wrote:Id like to donate $10 towards a fence around lonsdale football oval (and seperate it from the high school ovals) which would allow parking around the oval too and i will also donate $5 towards a new 2 storey clubrooms and community centre to be built there.

Can you make it an even $20 so we can get a TAB too?
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Junior85 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:39 pm

marbles wrote:Id like to donate $10 towards a fence around lonsdale football oval (and seperate it from the high school ovals) which would allow parking around the oval too and i will also donate $5 towards a new 2 storey clubrooms and community centre to be built there.

Parking around the oval would be awesome!
From what I can tell, and it's only our first season in the comp obviously, but not many ovals I've been to so far allow for parking around the oval.. Are there many clubs in Ammo's that allows for this? We couldn't even park around Marion's oval, and that has prime space for it..
It creates a great atmosphere when you can have parking around the oval, this is one of the few things I miss from playing SFL.
Junior85
Mini-League

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Junior85 wrote:

From what I can tell, and it's only our first season in the comp obviously, but not many ovals I've been to so far allow for parking around the oval.. Are there many clubs in Ammo's that allows for this? We couldn't even park around Marion's oval, and that has prime space for it..
It creates a great atmosphere when you can have parking around the oval, this is one of the few things I miss from playing SFL.

You'll love playing at Hope Valley then Junior, despite the drive ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby footyfan82 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Junior85 wrote:

You can usually park around the oval at marion. We have had some carpark renos done of late, so that was probably the reason you were unable to when you were there. All finished now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby cossi11 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:06 pm

cossi11 wrote:Bloke from Houghton got any special plans for his 3 week holiday? Precedent has been set with Woody copping 3 weeks for abusive language, so I would expect to see the same after what he said to the umpire and got sent off with a yellow card for yesterday!!

Common sense is that the yellow card and free kick is enough but if you suspend one bloke for 3 games then you have to be consistent...

Just found out that nothing came out of this.. one set of rules for one club and another set of rules for another.. such a pisstake!!

Found out that the same umpire reported a CUFC player a few years back for saying the exact same thing this bloke did and he got suspended for 4 games back then.

Really good to see a consistent standard across the league pft.. FWIW I don't think this should result in a suspension but you set a precedent early in the season and then follow up with this.

@jake the snake what are your thoughts on this? You were pretty vocal with the Woody one.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:

Can you make it an even $20 so we can get a TAB too?

Yes but only if you call it the Marbles Bar

Ttg sort of has parking around the oval

Dont know what my fascination is with it actually cant remember too many ovals played on with the diameter covered with cars. Henley and Rocs has most of the outer with parking.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 pm

cossi11 wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Bloke from Houghton got any special plans for his 3 week holiday? Precedent has been set with Woody copping 3 weeks for abusive language, so I would expect to see the same after what he said to the umpire and got sent off with a yellow card for yesterday!!

Common sense is that the yellow card and free kick is enough but if you suspend one bloke for 3 games then you have to be consistent...

Just found out that nothing came out of this.. one set of rules for one club and another set of rules for another.. such a pisstake!!

Found out that the same umpire reported a CUFC player a few years back for saying the exact same thing this bloke did and he got suspended for 4 games back then.

Really good to see a consistent standard across the league pft.. FWIW I don't think this should result in a suspension but you set a precedent early in the season and then follow up with this.

@jake the snake what are your thoughts on this? You were pretty vocal with the Woody one.

Everyone knows the league has a different set of rules for clubs past parafield airport mate..
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:39 pm

wonder_kid wrote:
cossi11 wrote:

Everyone knows the league has a different set of rules for clubs past parafield airport mate..

When did Parafield Airport start at Rosewater?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 am

wonder_kid wrote:
cossi11 wrote:

Hard to get an outcome on this when the actual umpire says nothing was said.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:52 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
When did Parafield Airport start at Rosewater?

Why you bringing Rosewater into this discussion?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:22 am

Thought it was pretty obvious. I was debating the point that clubs past Parafield airport are treated differently however Rosewater were treated just as harshly and they aren’t anywhere near North of that area.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby cossi11 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:10 am

The Bedge wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Just found out that nothing came out of this.. one set of rules for one club and another set of rules for another.. such a pisstake!!

Hard to get an outcome on this when the actual umpire says nothing was said.

Seriously?? That is unreal, so the umpire has basically lied to the league when he was asked about it? I guess that is fine to do though... I wonder why he issued the yellow card to the player?

This just makes the league look bad imo... looks like they have double standards when it comes to this stuff!

Can't wait to see the umpire again this week when he no doubt gets appointed to umpire our game :roll:
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Wazz17 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 am

Woody from CUFC is strife again I believe - 4 matches? Would be close to 10 games suspension now.
Wazz17

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:36 pm

Wazz17 wrote:Woody from CUFC is strife again I believe - 4 matches? Would be close to 10 games suspension now.

Correct, 4 games. Over the threshold. Deregistered last night.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jake the snake » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times