40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Q. » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Not excusing Woodward's actions, but did anything happen with the bloke that king hit him?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby lion heart » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Q. wrote:Not excusing Woodward's actions, but did anything happen with the bloke that king hit him?

Not sure where you get your mail from Q but I’d find a more creditable source.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby lion heart » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 pm

MatteeG wrote:
OSBFC (and OSBCC) were getting shafted before the merger, the soccer club there were getting preference for a lot of the facilities and funding.

Correct, life was made extremely difficult for both footy and cricket clubs. This began years before the merger and intensified after it. We would have loved to have made Sullies our home but it became untenable in the end.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:45 am

I've played quite a few games against him and have had the pleasure of playing along side him this year. But a huge congratulation's to the BIG Q man on his 250th this weekend. A very loyal club man who has put the club always before himself. A genuinely awesome bloke (he'll tell you as well lol :D :lol: ) and a very handy player for Houghton. Wish him the very best for this game and I hope to see him go all the way to 300.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:46 am

lion heart wrote:
Q. wrote:Not excusing Woodward's actions, but did anything happen with the bloke that king hit him?

Hmm interesting, my mail is pretty well the same - bloke dog shotted him, which is when he retaliated with the comment “Come back here you black ****”... Spectator on the sideline (Elder?) heard it, pulled Woodward up on it and highlighted the inappropriateness and racist nature of the comment, at which point Woodward stupidly made a remark towards him.

Further more, I’m led to believe Woodward personally apologised directly after the game to the player and club, and CU handed out an internal punishment including suspension and community work, but it was the gentleman on the sideline he engaged with that wanted to see further action taken.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 am

The Bedge wrote:
lion heart wrote:

Hmm interesting, my mail is pretty well the same - bloke dog shotted him, which is when he retaliated with the comment “Come back here you black ****”... Spectator on the sideline (Elder?) heard it, pulled Woodward up on it and highlighted the inappropriateness and racist nature of the comment, at which point Woodward stupidly made a remark towards him.

Further more, I’m led to believe Woodward personally apologised directly after the game to the player and club, and CU handed out an internal punishment including suspension and community work, but it was the gentleman on the sideline he engaged with that wanted to see further action taken.

Basically what I was told too. Except that CU and OSB officials met after the game and had a handshake agreement that neither parties would pursue action against the offending players from each side - only for OSB to lodge an investigation just prior to deadline!
Q.
Coach

Postby alcho-pop » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:01 am

Q. wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
lion heart wrote:

Basically what I was told too. Except that CU and OSB officials met after the game and had a handshake agreement that neither parties would pursue action against the offending players from each side - only for OSB to lodge an investigation just prior to deadline!

Correct.

The elder you speak of I believe is also the same person that rocked up to the footy club on a training night only 4-5 weeks ago threatening to beat up the then B grade assistant coach. The threats escalated to the point of the police being called.

Ya can’t help but feel for Woody, 3 suspensions in the last 3 years (2 this year) that all in honestly shouldn’t even have seen the light of day as reports. Then the bashing he receives on this site and Saturday’s from people that wouldn’t even have a clue about him personally. Sometimes ya just have to admit defeat
alcho-pop

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 am

How can you try and soften the racist comment he made? Deserves everything he got, and more.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am

Dutchy wrote:How can you try and soften the racist comment he made? Deserves everything he got, and more.

I'm not. I'm just wondering if anything came of the bloke that hit him. No place for racism or violence in footy.
Q.
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:39 am

Wasn't suggest you Q.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am

alcho-pop wrote:Ya can’t help but feel for Woody, 3 suspensions in the last 3 years (2 this year) that all in honestly shouldn’t even have seen the light of day as reports.

Certainly don't agree with this part of your comment in relation to the most recent incident. No place in sport or life for comments of that nature - as stupid as he was to say it, there needed to be ramifications for his actions, and the incident needed to be raised via a report as it was.

However what good does suspension serve? Mediation and Cultural Awareness training are far more positive actions to take. This matter could've been dealt with better by all and sundry, but to suggest that it's so insignificant in nature that it shouldn't see the light of day is plain stupid.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby alcho-pop » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 am

The Bedge wrote:
alcho-pop wrote:Ya can’t help but feel for Woody, 3 suspensions in the last 3 years (2 this year) that all in honestly shouldn’t even have seen the light of day as reports.

Certainly don't agree with this part of your comment in relation to the most recent incident. No place in sport or life for comments of that nature - as stupid as he was to say it, there needed to be ramifications for his actions, and the incident needed to be raised via a report as it was.

However what good does suspension serve? Mediation and Cultural Awareness training are far more positive actions to take. This matter could've been dealt with better by all and sundry, but to suggest that it's so insignificant in nature that it shouldn't see the light of day is plain stupid.

Poor choice of communication perhaps or you’re reading more into the comments than needed. I was referring to the fact an agreement had been reached by both clubs to not lodge reports not whether or not the incident was reportable. Same with the case earlier this year, not right what he said to the umpire however if true similar happened last week without a report then there’s no consistency.
alcho-pop

Postby lion heart » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am

Q. wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
lion heart wrote:

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

There was no king hit (more a fabrication to explain his own actions) and there was no handshake agreement.

This is the second racial incident we have encountered this season and our members felt it was very important to take a stand. You want us to turn a blind eye to racism? There is no excuse for racism on a sporting field nor in society. Hopefully this raises awareness that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. We are proud to be a fully inclusive club and our indigenous members have played a very important part in our history and will continue to play a huge role in our future.

Out of respect to CU we didn't want this to play out on safooty nor hit the papers (sadly people that clearly do not know the facts feel the need to do so). We didn't want their club dragged through the mud because of one d!ckhead's actions.

CU came to play that day with their season on the line and the game was an at times brutal encounter. FYI we had many CU players and supporters apologise to us after the game. I don't think that is what they stand for as a club. In fact some went as far as to say they want to see the culprit punished so they no longer have to put up with his antics.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby lion heart » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:07 am

The Bedge wrote:

Agree that mediation and cultural awareness may have been a better option but this is beyond our control....with a rap sheet that long i don't know if you deserve a 4th /5th/6th chance. It was his first game back from suspension FFS.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby alcho-pop » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:49 am

lion heart wrote:
Q. wrote:
lion heart wrote:
Q. wrote:

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

There was no king hit (more a fabrication to explain his own actions) and there was no handshake agreement.

This is the second racial incident we have encountered this season and our members felt it was very important to take a stand. You want us to turn a blind eye to racism? There is no excuse for racism on a sporting field nor in society. Hopefully this raises awareness that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. We are proud to be a fully inclusive club and our indigenous members have played a very important part in our history and will continue to play a huge role in our future.

Out of respect to CU we didn't want this to play out on safooty nor hit the papers (sadly people that clearly do not know the facts feel the need to do so). We didn't want their club dragged through the mud because of one d!ckhead's actions.

CU came to play that day with their season on the line and the game was an at times brutal encounter. FYI we had many CU players and supporters apologise to us after the game. I don't think that is what they stand for as a club. In fact some went as far as to say they want to see the culprit punished so they no longer have to put up with his antics.

Absolutely no need for fabrication, there was a king hit on the day just not on Woodward.

What was the result of the investigation from the first incident of the season?
alcho-pop

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Woody should never had made those comments, he knows that and the clubs know that. He has taken his ban really well and refuses to blame anyone but himself. The kid deserves credit for that, its not always a common trait is us northern suburb boys.

If I was to make an excuse for him I feel like he has been let down by a lot of bad advice over his journey. It's been pretty clear that playing in the lower divisions has only brought the worst out in him. I'm giving Central United the benefit of the doubt and placing it on the division.

Going back to playing div 7 so close to a life ban was only ever going to end one way unfortunately.

Personally I believe his a wasted talent in multiple sports. Needs to step away from the friendship group for a tad and go test himself out at a higher level in particular with his cricket.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Informer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Does anyone know why Gatto hasnt played the last couple of weeks for Central United. injured?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Q. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:10 pm

The_Informer wrote:Does anyone know why Gatto hasnt played the last couple of weeks for Central United. injured?
Concussion and busted lip from getting snotted off the ball
Q.
Coach

Postby Courtney Fish » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 pm

alcho-pop wrote:
Absolutely no need for fabrication, there was a king hit on the day just not on Woodward.

Are you talking about the CU lad in the wrong shade of blue shorts and socks that wasn't shy in dishing a few out from behind.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:37 pm

lion heart wrote:[

CU knew what they were getting themselves in for when they accepted his clearance back.

Woody reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Bart gets electrocuted every time he touched the cupcake.

How many times do you get zapped before you think "shit, this can't be good, I better not do this anymore?"
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League