Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:05 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I don’t mind caps being different colours etc - but a beanie with a Pom Pom on top?

Ur kidding me caps are acceptable but beanies aren’t.......ffs that nitpicking at best

I was more commenting on the Pom Pom - which for me makes it game only attire, compared with caps and “normal” beanies which can be any colour imo
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Spargo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Smells like mothballs around here...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Psyber » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:23 pm

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I don’t mind caps being different colours etc - but a beanie with a Pom Pom on top?

Ur kidding me caps are acceptable but beanies aren’t.......ffs that nitpicking at best

I rarely wear any headgear*, but I own a few caps that were given to me, and a rather eastern European looking leather cap I occasionally wear as a joke. My one beanie, for when the weather is really cold, is natural undyed brown wool with just a thin line of Port's "Teal" around the edge - and no pompom (There are also a couple of wide brimmed hats for those occasions when I go to rural areas where I actually need a hat.)

*That could change if I start to go bald eventually... ;)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Well disappointing outcome but geez the Tigs were impressive. I thought the lads had a crack but just couldn’t get any clean ball or fluency under the relentless pressure.

Positives -
Greenwoods last 2 weeks been impressive, clearance wise and getting some more footy around the ground
Doedee keeps getting better and better. Calm and his effort and pressure is first rate
Milera showing some consistency, using ball well off half back, just needs to be a bit cleaner at times
Jenkins last 2 weeks competed well and hit the scoreboard

Negatives –
Kelly and Hartigan after solid years last year really struggling to recapture that form
Hampton after an ok game first up had a mare
Inability of half back to get any momentum
Method going inside 50 has been horrendous/non existent
Kyle Cheney getting a game
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Smith's loss seriously under rated, you've had very little run from half back all year.

Laird gets sat on or is in the air intercept marking, can't kick it to himself then. Milera isn't a 60m player, carry 10 and kick 50, he's a chip and chase at best and Brown doesn't create much run and carry, he's busy shutting down.

More of an issue, I think you've been worked out forward of centre, sides are onto the way the ball comes in ie changes "lanes" on the way in and Walker and Lynch aren't great movers laterally meaning it's straight up at the ball carrier or nothing.

Having said that, get McGovern and Betts back in, another run or three into Lynch and you'll win a few more before the year is out and should be fit and firing with everyone* on board for 2019.

McGovern rumours and Sloane move aside.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:Smith's loss seriously under rated, you've had very little run from half back all year.

Laird gets sat on or is in the air intercept marking, can't kick it to himself then. Milera isn't a 60m player, carry 10 and kick 50, he's a chip and chase at best and Brown doesn't create much run and carry, he's busy shutting down.

More of an issue, I think you've been worked out forward of centre, sides are onto the way the ball comes in ie changes "lanes" on the way in and Walker and Lynch aren't great movers laterally meaning it's straight up at the ball carrier or nothing.

Having said that, get McGovern and Betts back in, another run or three into Lynch and you'll win a few more before the year is out and should be fit and firing with everyone* on board for 2019.

McGovern rumours and Sloane move aside.

Agree 100% Smithers loss has been huge, his ability to set our forward movement into action helps the lead up fwds (Lynch and Walker) then swing onto Jenkins and Betts pushing into the 50 (insert JJ joe the goose quip :D ) Gov then plays the roaming role. I dont think this year we have had the full FWD line in the same side though which hasnt helped but certainly not our main issue.

Pyke needs to re assess his game style a bit as well i believe, He likes the big fellas in the FWD line but we dont have the mix right, we struggle to get a defensive 50 tackle. Few questions re selection needing some answering IMO.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Agreed, the F50 has Walker, Lynch, Jenkins and Fogarty in there, not exactly going to get much ground level pressure from them.

Gallucci, Douglas, Hampton ( clearly not switched on ) aren't super quick and don't really place fear in the oppositions defensive ball movers.

Murphy got a chance, didn't take it, Betts has been in and out with injury but to be fair that's not his preferred role, he does it, but it's not his first priority and from there you've not really set anyone down there to play that role.

Be interesting to see goals scored from your F50 for the opposition stats, I think it's come out too easily.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Stumps » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 pm

Footy Smart wrote:Well disappointing outcome but geez the Tigs were impressive. I thought the lads had a crack but just couldn’t get any clean ball or fluency under the relentless pressure.

Positives -
Greenwoods last 2 weeks been impressive, clearance wise and getting some more footy around the ground
Doedee keeps getting better and better. Calm and his effort and pressure is first rate
Milera showing some consistency, using ball well off half back, just needs to be a bit cleaner at times

Negatives –
Kelly and Hartigan after solid years last year really struggling to recapture that form

agree with all points apart from one. Cheney was excellent friday night. Decisions and disposal was good. Watch the tape again
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm

what's the gut feeling on Tahlia and Douglas? Do you think they will play this week? As a Cats supporter, I hope they aren't.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Talia in trouble, could be the lisfranc in his foot. Douglas a rolled ankle but only a 6 day break, probably 50/50.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Booney wrote:Agreed, the F50 has Walker, Lynch, Jenkins and Fogarty in there, not exactly going to get much ground level pressure from them.

Gallucci, Douglas, Hampton ( clearly not switched on ) aren't super quick and don't really place fear in the oppositions defensive ball movers.

Murphy got a chance, didn't take it, Betts has been in and out with injury but to be fair that's not his preferred role, he does it, but it's not his first priority and from there you've not really set anyone down there to play that role.

Be interesting to see goals scored from your F50 for the opposition stats, I think it's come out too easily.

Yep 0 pressure coming out of F50, good luck being a defender. Then in turn good luck being a FWd when the footy gets belted down the line with 0 creativity or thought.

Murphy i think can do the pressure FWD role, but needs another preseason and get his hands on the footy a bit more. Still a work in progress.

Gov with his speed does pressure well, but cant get or stay on the park.

Serious question, Gov IMO is suspect body wise.... has big upside, certainly but atm he seems to have some good trade value. Would you cash in?
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Stumps wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Well disappointing outcome but geez the Tigs were impressive. I thought the lads had a crack but just couldn’t get any clean ball or fluency under the relentless pressure.

Positives -

Negatives –

agree with all points apart from one. Cheney was excellent friday night. Decisions and disposal was good. Watch the tape again

There is a reason Cheney is at his 3rd club. He cant play! he is one of those blokes who makes it look like he is trying hard but fails to impact the contest. Disposal is ok when not under pressure but the fact he is getting a game sums up how well we are going IMO
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Booney wrote:Agreed, the F50 has Walker, Lynch, Jenkins and Fogarty in there, not exactly going to get much ground level pressure from them.

Yep 0 pressure coming out of F50, good luck being a defender. Then in turn good luck being a FWd when the footy gets belted down the line with 0 creativity or thought.

Murphy i think can do the pressure FWD role, but needs another preseason and get his hands on the footy a bit more. Still a work in progress.

Gov with his speed does pressure well, but cant get or stay on the park.

Serious question, Gov IMO is suspect body wise.... has big upside, certainly but atm he seems to have some good trade value. Would you cash in?

Yes, I most certainly would. With Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Fogarty you've got enough forward options for the next 3-4 years covered.

The fact McGovern has signed a deal means you have the whip hand in what could be an extraordinary deal for Adelaide. If someone really, really wants him they'll have to pay and I agree, he's shown in '17 and '18 he's not bullet proof (although, not hard at West Lakes at the moment) and if he wants to leave do you want a bloke whose heart isn't in it? No, you don't.

If I was Adelaide I'd be asking him more than Sloane about their intentions. McGovern doesn't need to come back, Adelaide could hand him over in good order to his new club and demand an outstanding deal. High 1st rounder + a ruckman, it's probably your only real area of concern.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Yes, I most certainly would. With Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Fogarty you've got enough forward options for the next 3-4 years covered.

The fact McGovern has signed a deal means you have the whip hand in what could be an extraordinary deal for Adelaide. If someone really, really wants him they'll have to pay and I agree, he's shown in '17 and '18 he's not bullet proof (although, not hard at West Lakes at the moment) and if he wants to leave do you want a bloke whose heart isn't in it? No, you don't.

If I was Adelaide I'd be asking him more than Sloane about their intentions. McGovern doesn't need to come back, Adelaide could hand him over in good order to his new club and demand an outstanding deal. High 1st rounder + a ruckman, it's probably your only real area of concern.

Yep i am actually leaning towards this as well. Also Harry Dear i think is progressing well, still a bit raw but getting there.

As for Sloane, i dont agree with Jane Cornes ;) saying he should be pressured into saying yay or nay and if nay be dropped. He like Danger is busting and has busted their gut for AFC for plenty of years. If at this stage of his career and life wants to leave, so be it. But he has earnt the right to play out the year.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Wonder if Carlton would be able to take Jeremy McGovern as a free agent and trade Pick 1 to Adelaide for Mitch (plus extras)?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Footy Smart wrote:

Yep i am actually leaning towards this as well. Also Harry Dear i think is progressing well, still a bit raw but getting there.

As for Sloane, i dont agree with Jane Cornes ;) saying he should be pressured into saying yay or nay and if nay be dropped. He like Danger is busting and has busted their gut for AFC for plenty of years. If at this stage of his career and life wants to leave, so be it. But he has earnt the right to play out the year.

Not as though you've got a young gun inside-mid bursting for game time either, whereas 8 games into Fagarty is worth your while.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:29 pm

Brodlach wrote:Wonder if Carlton would be able to take Jeremy McGovern as a free agent and trade Pick 1 to Adelaide for Mitch (plus extras)?

Why would McGovern entertain going to Carlton?
They haven’t even bottomed out yet. Still miles apart on the $$ with re-signing Cripps too by the sounds of it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Fricky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Brodlach wrote:Wonder if Carlton would be able to take Jeremy McGovern as a free agent and trade Pick 1 to Adelaide for Mitch (plus extras)?

I'd take that deal. Give Carlton Hartigan and Hampton as the "extras"

Sloane = 1st round pick at the least. If he leaves I hope he picks the Saints and we get pick 3
McGovern = 1st round pick
M Crouch = 1st round pick (if rumours are true that Brad and he want out)

All speculation and wishful thinking at the moment.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

Not as though you've got a young gun inside-mid bursting for game time either, whereas 8 games into Fagarty is worth your while.

This Off season will be one of our biggest ever. Potentially 4 picks inside the top 20 if Sloane leaves plus freeing up of 800K in the salary cap. The club needs to do whatever it can to secure Lukicious or Rankine in the draft and if that means using Mitch to Carlton i'll be all for it.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Fricky wrote:

I'd take that deal. Give Carlton Hartigan and Hampton as the "extras"

Sloane = 1st round pick at the least. If he leaves I hope he picks the Saints and we get pick 3
McGovern = 1st round pick
M Crouch = 1st round pick (if rumours are true that Brad and he want out)

All speculation and wishful thinking at the moment.

I haven't heard any rumour about him and Brad wanting out? Where'd you hear that?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL