Centrals v Glenelg Sat 1410

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals v Glenelg Sat 1410

Postby Grenville » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Spargo wrote:
Grenville wrote:The game itself had few highlights, I reckon we might have pinched one despite not being the better team on the day.

I didn’t need to hear that...
I was following it on my phone & noticed we got a rushed behind then the siren pretty much went. Could we have won it at the death?

You mob had more players hitting the contest hard more often but didn't make the most of it. For us Watt did some good things first up and Richo showed he's developing well. Butch went ok, kicked a couple early and had one of the worst shots for goal in the history of the game later on.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby StrayDog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Grenville wrote:Be more than happy to buy you a can Spargo, I'm at the northern end every home game wearing my best thongs.
Grenville wrote:Where are you lad?
Spargo wrote:*sigh* couldn’t make it unfortunately
Grenville wrote:I'm not angry, just disappointed. Had a chat to Straydog, a genuinely good bloke, apologies to him for not being a bit more coherent but I'd had a few at that stage.

Nah, all good Grenville, you sounded fine to me. Good to meet you, another genuine bloke. :)

Was looking to say g'day to a few of the Snout's Louts today too, Spargo being one, not to be sadly. Maybe next year.

Good to catch up with GMcG again too, it's been a while.

Grenville wrote:The game itself had few highlights, I reckon we might have pinched one despite not being the better team on the day.

Yep, I thought Glenelg the better side today too, and Watt a worthy inclusion for us as you pointed out at the game.

Free kicks 26 to 15 against the 'Dogs, but I think this reflected Glenelg's endeavour and pressure as much as anything, something which I can only assume hasn't been as consistent as Bays fans would have liked this year.

For us, skills down and I thought our boys needed to be further up at 3/4 time to be in with a shot. But was pleased enough with the effort in the last and happy to take the win.
Last edited by StrayDog on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Good to meet you too mate, nice to have a chat to a kindred spirit. Good summary, I'm surprised there was that difference in the free kick count, I just thought the umps were absolutely shit all day both ways.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby StrayDog » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks Grenville.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby matt35 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Glad my fiancé and I made the trip out for this one in spite of the result; have certainly seen us cop some beltings out there over recent years. Absolutely couldn't fault our effort today, something I haven't been able to say a number of games this season. Skill level and execution often lacked but that went for both sides. Just seemed Centrals were always able to find a goal when they really needed one.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby GMcG » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:33 am

Terrible skills, the very reason why I keep away from most games, sooooooooo hard to watch. Luckily we won.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby TDJ44 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Definitely hard to watch,skills from both sides were terrible.
We really seem to struggle when the opposition have that loose player or two in our forward line.
The question I'd like to ask is where are our players who are obviously loose in the opponents forward line.
Every week we have goals scored against us over the back,looks bad when you end up with one defender running back against 3 opponents.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL