18 - Kenilworth
16 - Blackfriars OS

--------------------------------
14 - Woodville South
08 - Smithfield
06 - Hope Valley
02 - Hectorville
02 - Ingle Farm

Five to go - not that i'm counting.. massive round of matches coming up though, probably no bigger than Lockleys Oval in arguably the grand final preview. CBC can lock away top spot with a victory, moving 2 games clear at top with a soft draw to finish, equally Lockleys can put themselves in a spot to contest for the top spot with percentage coming into play, but also a win would effectively sew up a double chance and likely top 2 finish.

Woody South vs Pulteney also looks crucial - the Cats wont want to potentially drop another game outside the 5, and with their superior percentage are still well positioned to make the 5. The Blues have been consistent all season, but find themselves in a massive tussle with Kenilworth for that double chance spot. You'd think Kenilworth will beat Smithfield, and going on form Blackfriars should take care of Ingle Farm, so a loss to Pulteney puts them right back with the pack.

The Farmers will be hoping Hectorville can pull of an upset over Hope Valley, and even more will be hoping they can catch the Hounds at Blackfriars napping to keep the bottom of the ladder battle interesting.

Grand Finalists: Lockleys vs CBCOC
Premiers: CBCOC
Leading Goal Kicker: Tom Langford (111 Goals)
Association Medal: Ryan Langcake or Jarrad Brusnahan
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:13 am

forgot to pick wooden spoon
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:18 am

D5R Ladder after Rd 13
26 - Lockleys
18 - CBC Old Collegians
18 - Woodville South
16 - Pulteney
16 - Hope Valley

16 - Kenilworth
10 - Blackfriars OS
06 - Smithfield
04 - Ingle Farm
00 - Hectorville

Grand Final preview for both grades this weekend - Lockleys & CBC are streets ahead of the competition. Ingle Farm have been smashed most games this year, but these two sides have really shone above all others. Their game styles and execution is far superior. Honestly, apart from these two sides, I cant say I've been overwhelmed by the standard of D5R.

Woody South could contest if they get a full compliment of players on deck, massive clash for them this weekend over Pulteney with a serious chance to all but lock away that double chance - and if Lockleys knock off CBC well 2nd place isn't out of the question either. The Blues have been terribly inconsistent this season, must really be missing oldman.

Hope Valley have surprised me, started the season slowly but they've really found their groove of late and making a genuine push for finals. A "4 point game" last weekend over Kenilworth has really set up a very interesting battle for 5th. Valleys finish the season with HEC, IF, CBC, PUL and SMI - you'd bank at least 3 wins there.. Kenilworth with SMI, HEC, WS, IF and LOC - you'd also bank on 3 wins, so it may well come down to percentage.. and with some of these bottom sides (HEC/SMI/IF) playing for pride alone, perhaps some more competitive results or upsets may set the cat amongst the pigeons and shape the make up of the 5.

Leading Goal Kicker: Stavros Gatis (56 Goals)
Association Medal: Matt Turner or Mark Coppola
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 am

Robb_Stark wrote:forgot to pick wooden spoon

Heccies in both grades
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 am

number2 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Spewing I can’t make it today out to HV. Will be 2 interesting clashes with our 3’s suffering unfortunately due to the casualty list.

Will be very interested to see how we go in the magoos as I reckon they have performed remarkably well in recent weeks considering the personnel challenges. Bit of credit where it’s due there to the coaches but today see’s a massive challenge with massive opportunity. Good luck to all today.

34 scoring shots to 10 probably tells the story in the 2’s. Far too good in the A’s. Big game next week v Hectorville. Need to win that if we want to stay in Div 5 in 2019...

HV B grade are a gritty team and are in some real good form, lets just keep in mind they do have to leave their oval again soon though (they are a way better side at home than away). Kenilworth had their ruckman go down at half time with a back complaint and a player pull out 20mins before the game and had to sit an injured player on the bench. No excuses though, KFC were in front at half time, probably due to HV's inaccurate kicking but still in front. Was a really good effort from the lads that went out there however they just got ran over eventually.

One thing i did notice was a big disparity in the HV B grade effort and A grade effort. Keep in mind Kenilworth had quite a few first choice A graders out which flows through to the B grade so i would have expected a more competitive game in the A's but HV seemed to roll over when it got hard IMO.

Not alone there, after half time of the A grade it looked like we sent a different team out.

Wilson-King and Kruse showed their class and killed us around the ground
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Number4 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:D5R Ladder after Rd 13
26 - Lockleys
18 - CBC Old Collegians
18 - Woodville South
16 - Pulteney
16 - Hope Valley

16 - Kenilworth
10 - Blackfriars OS
06 - Smithfield
04 - Ingle Farm
00 - Hectorville

Grand Final preview for both grades this weekend - Lockleys & CBC are streets ahead of the competition. Ingle Farm have been smashed most games this year, but these two sides have really shone above all others. Their game styles and execution is far superior. Honestly, apart from these two sides, I cant say I've been overwhelmed by the standard of D5R.

Woody South could contest if they get a full compliment of players on deck, massive clash for them this weekend over Pulteney with a serious chance to all but lock away that double chance - and if Lockleys knock off CBC well 2nd place isn't out of the question either. The Blues have been terribly inconsistent this season, must really be missing oldman.

Hope Valley have surprised me, started the season slowly but they've really found their groove of late and making a genuine push for finals. A "4 point game" last weekend over Kenilworth has really set up a very interesting battle for 5th. Valleys finish the season with HEC, IF, CBC, PUL and SMI - you'd bank at least 3 wins there.. Kenilworth with SMI, HEC, WS, IF and LOC - you'd also bank on 3 wins, so it may well come down to percentage.. and with some of these bottom sides (HEC/SMI/IF) playing for pride alone, perhaps some more competitive results or upsets may set the cat amongst the pigeons and shape the make up of the 5.

Leading Goal Kicker: Stavros Gatis (56 Goals)
Association Medal: Matt Turner or Mark Coppola

CBCOC magoos have lost to Kenilworth and Pultney since the break and your tipping them to knock off the undefeated Lockleys? Big call!

Personally I think it will come down to who has their best team in at the right time as to who plays Lockleys in the GF. I think 2nd to 6th are quite even when they have their full sides in.
Number4
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Number4 wrote:CBCOC magoos have lost to Kenilworth and Pultney since the break and your tipping them to knock off the undefeated Lockleys? Big call! .

Yeah, pretty much for no other reason than I was too lazy to change from the D5 prediction. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Purpleflog23 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Gatis not back until finals. Luke Yates to take out goal kicking surely.
Purpleflog23
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Purpleflog23 wrote:Gatis not back until finals. Luke Yates to take out goal kicking surely.

I thought he was further behind than he is - will be close. You'd think he wont kick many against Lockleys this weekend, but with BOS, HEC & IF to come could definitely collect 4+ in each of those matches.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Purpleflog23 wrote:Gatis not back until finals. Luke Yates to take out goal kicking surely.

Is Luke Graham's lad ?
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:47 pm

You would be loving Stalk Book ATM Bedge, never have a read so much miss informed bullshit.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Purpleflog23 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Yes Luke is Graham’s young lad. Quite the footballer.
Purpleflog23
Mini-League

Postby Nixon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Yater is a weapon, only bloke in fins history to get dropped from the A grade to the C grade twice in one season.. The bloke has done it all!
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:You would be loving Stalk Book ATM Bedge, never have a read so much miss informed bullshit.

I’m hearing you. Out of control :roll:
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:12 am

Purpleflog23 wrote:Yes Luke is Graham’s young lad. Quite the footballer.

His old man should have played state cricket, they introduced the academy when he was up and about and he dipped out due to the influx of interstate players. Best cricketer i got to play with. Never knew his lad was quite the footballer, great people the Yates crew.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Computer Crashed » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 am

Inallseriousness wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:You would be loving Stalk Book ATM Bedge, never have a read so much miss informed bullshit.

I’m hearing you. Out of control :roll:

Keep punching, it is what it is.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:
Purpleflog23 wrote:Yes Luke is Graham’s young lad. Quite the footballer.

His old man should have played state cricket, they introduced the academy when he was up and about and he dipped out due to the influx of interstate players. Best cricketer i got to play with. Never knew his lad was quite the footballer, great people the Yates crew.

Graham is still playing cricket!
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Purpleflog23 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:06 pm

Robin Nahas spotted at dolphin park Thursday night. This could be interesting...
Purpleflog23
Mini-League

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:44 pm

Dolphins over Lockleys by 92 points
Nixon
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:57 pm

Thought Smithfield today were outstanding and we were very lucky to get the win. Well done after obviously a terrible loss last week to rebound with an effort such as that.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League