Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Rankine will get to the AFC one way or another, whether that be him "sliding" down the order, or the Crows acquiring the picks to select him.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Fricky wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Wonder if Carlton would be able to take Jeremy McGovern as a free agent and trade Pick 1 to Adelaide for Mitch (plus extras)?

I'd take that deal. Give Carlton Hartigan and Hampton as the "extras"

Sloane = 1st round pick at the least. If he leaves I hope he picks the Saints and we get pick 3
McGovern = 1st round pick
M Crouch = 1st round pick (if rumours are true that Brad and he want out)

All speculation and wishful thinking at the moment.

Hartigan and Hampton, no thanks.
You can have Kerridge back as well when you want.
Wright has been ok this year so we’ll keep him.

I’d take the younger Mcgovern and you can have your first rounder you gave us for Gibbs.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Fricky wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Wonder if Carlton would be able to take Jeremy McGovern as a free agent and trade Pick 1 to Adelaide for Mitch (plus extras)?

Sloane = 1st round pick at the least. If he leaves I hope he picks the Saints and we get pick 3

I haven't heard any rumour about him and Brad wanting out? Where'd you hear that?

Something about Brad almost having a dust up with Burton over his injury management and he now wants out, Matt to go with him. All rumour and speculation
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:44 pm

valleys07 wrote:Rankine will get to the AFC one way or another, whether that be him "sliding" down the order, or the Crows acquiring the picks to select him.

Going the Chad Whingard way you reckon Valleys?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Fricky wrote:

I’d take the younger Mcgovern and you can have your first rounder you gave us for Gibbs.

And your number one pick, cheers
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:46 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Rankine will get to the AFC one way or another, whether that be him "sliding" down the order, or the Crows acquiring the picks to select him.

Without a doubt.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:47 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Fricky wrote:

And your number one pick, cheers

**** off ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Fricky wrote:

If Sloane leaves you'll get an end of first round pick as compensation, unless St Kilda trade for him and why would they?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:12 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

Already he has if you believe the rumours
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

It's hard to believe any footy rumour these days.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby someguy1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Booney wrote:
If Sloane leaves you'll get an end of first round pick as compensation, unless St Kilda trade for him and why would they?

Restricted free agent. Would the Crows match just to force a trade instead of going the Compo route? Geelong didn't need to trade for Dangerfield either but still did. Saints pick 4 for Sloane sounds better than 19.

If the Crows are as high on Lukosius and Rankine as it sounds do you sell the farm and swap everything to get pick 1 and 4 (assuming they get something like that for Sloane)? Would 8 and 13 be enough? What about with McGovern in a three way trade to where he wants to go?
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

someguy1 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Restricted free agent. Would the Crows match just to force a trade instead of going the Compo route? Geelong didn't need to trade for Dangerfield either but still did. Saints pick 4 for Sloane sounds better than 19.

If the Crows are as high on Lukosius and Rankine as it sounds do you sell the farm and swap everything to get pick 1 and 4 (assuming they get something like that for Sloane)? Would 8 and 13 be enough? What about with McGovern in a three way trade to where he wants to go?

I don't think any club has matched / played hard ball and I don't see the Saints giving you pick 4 for a 29 year old ( March '19 ).

I think the idea of bundling up two first round picks in this draft for a top 3 or 4 is off the table, the bottom sides will want the cream of this crop.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 pm

someguy1 wrote:
Booney wrote:

I always thought we traded with Geelong because we could have matched the offer? If the Saints offer 1.3m for example we couldn't match it and would have to settle with the compo pick
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby someguy1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Just throwing ideas out there. Every year and everyone seems to do it differently.

If the Saints offer 1.3m obviously no one is matching that, but depends on the offer. As Booney said hes 29 by season start next year with an injury cloud, if he breaks down again before the end of the year we might get bugger all for him. If not maybe the Saints swap 4 for 8 to get it done quickly, who knows. Depends on who Rory is looking at, if its Hawthorn then their pick isn't going to help much.

As for the pick swaps, depends on who Carlton, Brisbane and GC are looking at. They might get who they want deeper in the order so might be open to swap if it means they get 2 decent first rounders for it. Brisbane and GC also have academy picks, I've got no idea how that works but a mid first rounder might be enough to secure those players instead of top 3 (if its like father / son).
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Interesting that AFC have admitted Talia has been playing with this foot injury since the pre-season
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Stumps » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:00 am

Footy Smart wrote:
Stumps wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Well disappointing outcome but geez the Tigs were impressive. I thought the lads had a crack but just couldn’t get any clean ball or fluency under the relentless pressure.

Positives -
Greenwoods last 2 weeks been impressive, clearance wise and getting some more footy around the ground
Doedee keeps getting better and better. Calm and his effort and pressure is first rate
Milera showing some consistency, using ball well off half back, just needs to be a bit cleaner at times
Jenkins last 2 weeks competed well and hit the scoreboard

Negatives –
Kelly and Hartigan after solid years last year really struggling to recapture that form
Hampton after an ok game first up had a mare
Inability of half back to get any momentum
Method going inside 50 has been horrendous/non existent
Kyle Cheney getting a game

agree with all points apart from one. Cheney was excellent friday night. Decisions and disposal was good. Watch the tape again

There is a reason Cheney is at his 3rd club. He cant play! he is one of those blokes who makes it look like he is trying hard but fails to impact the contest. Disposal is ok when not under pressure but the fact he is getting a game sums up how well we are going IMO

3 clubs means he cant play. what a statement. you must know more than the Adelaide recruiters put in your CV. I thought he played very well Friday night and deserves to play this weekend that's what i'm saying.
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:03 am

He's handy depth as the third defender, if Talia, Hartigan, Lever and Kelly were all here/fit Cheney doesn't get a look in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:22 am

3 clubs means he cant play. what a statement. you must know more than the Adelaide recruiters put in your CV. I thought he played very well Friday night and deserves to play this weekend that's what i'm saying.

Ummm it means he hasnt been in the best side at 2 previous clubs and they wanted to keep him. So yes, its a pretty accurate statement. Depth player yep, but as i said in a previous post, if he is in your side you are struggling.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 am

Dutchy wrote:Interesting that AFC have admitted Talia has been playing with this foot injury since the pre-season

I think he needs a rest this week :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby stan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Yeah but the Year that Port picked up Wingard, they were crap-tac-ular and only missed the spoon because we were More Crap-tac-ular. Thus they had the 2nd pick, however GWS had a bunch of picks as well and there was the concern that Wingard had head issues.

The crows are more likely to have pick 10, rather than pick 2 which turned in to Pick 5.

I can't see Rankine drifting that much. They will need to work some trades to get up further and even still he looks are beauty of a player, and Melbourne clubs are genuinely not too worried about retained SA based players.

I also cant see too many of the shitfull clubs trading out of the first round unless its an absolute gun in the 22 - 27 year bracket. In my opinion Carlton have pick 1 and will use that for Lukosious who is looking like a once in a generation type of player.

This next draft is a strong draft and the first round looks very very good.

If the crows want Lukosious or Rankine, they are going to need to part with plenty.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL