Geelong 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Geelong 2018

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Future might be bright but we are a fair way off it this season. Bad luck Harry copping the big kick one game back. Kicked it like a defender too!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:09 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Future might be bright but we are a fair way off it this season. Bad luck Harry copping the big kick one game back. Kicked it like a defender too!

regards,

REB

We're still in it. I reckon we may lose 2 more games for rest of the season. We'll beat Swans this week. You watch.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Future might be bright but we are a fair way off it this season. Bad luck Harry copping the big kick one game back. Kicked it like a defender too!

regards,

REB

We're still in it. I reckon we may lose 2 more games for rest of the season. We'll beat Swans this week. You watch.

You could probably pencil in 3. the others are 50/50 at best.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Been thinking about something said in commentary last night - Tim Kelly almost certain to return home to Perth next year.

I dont have an issue with it, he's been really good and is clearly still putting in 100% every week for the cats. His hard work this year has given him the chance to be selective about where he plays and cant blame a bloke for wanting to spend more time with his young family.

What concerns me (as a cats fan) is what the cats will get in return. He was a mid 20's draft pick but is performing like a top 10 pick - ready to go and massively impacting games.

No-one trades player-for-player anymore. Will WCE/Freo give up a top 10 pick? Not likely. I think the only way it happens is if Geelong let him go for 2nd/3rd round pick as the WA sides are holding all the cards.
The only way Geelong will benefit is if the WA sides get into a bidding war for him (lets hope).

Oh, and if we end up trading for Mark Lecras because we are "in the premiership window" then I will do as the crows fans say on 5AA after a loss and "Tear up my membership!"
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Yup, swings and merry-go-rounds.
What Geelong loses this time they pick up another when Dangerfield wants to go home, etc.

It's an imperfect system but the best we've got.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby David Brent » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Bandit wrote:Been thinking about something said in commentary last night - Tim Kelly almost certain to return home to Perth next year.

I dont have an issue with it, he's been really good and is clearly still putting in 100% every week for the cats. His hard work this year has given him the chance to be selective about where he plays and cant blame a bloke for wanting to spend more time with his young family.

What concerns me (as a cats fan) is what the cats will get in return. He was a mid 20's draft pick but is performing like a top 10 pick - ready to go and massively impacting games.

No-one trades player-for-player anymore. Will WCE/Freo give up a top 10 pick? Not likely. I think the only way it happens is if Geelong let him go for 2nd/3rd round pick as the WA sides are holding all the cards.
The only way Geelong will benefit is if the WA sides get into a bidding war for him (lets hope).

Oh, and if we end up trading for Mark Lecras because we are "in the premiership window" then I will do as the crows fans say on 5AA after a loss and "Tear up my membership!"

I'd expect the Cats to go after Adam Cerra if Kelly decides he wants to head back to WA. Bit of talk around Cerra being the only top 10 draft pick that hasn't signed a contract extension & he might be get-able.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:53 pm

David Brent wrote:
Bandit wrote:Been thinking about something said in commentary last night - Tim Kelly almost certain to return home to Perth next year.

I'd expect the Cats to go after Adam Cerra if Kelly decides he wants to head back to WA. Bit of talk around Cerra being the only top 10 draft pick that hasn't signed a contract extension & he might be get-able.

The Cats would have to cough up something else in that trade. Cerra looks a ripper.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

David Brent wrote:

Cerra will be back in Victoria next year IMO. Would have plenty looking at him but if the Cats could somehow tie it in with Kelly it’s a pretty good outcome
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Wouldnt Kelly for Lycett be the perfect trade??
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:04 pm

regards,

REB

Who else thinks that the Harry Taylor forward experiment has run its course? Did we recruit Crameri to play VFL? Taylor back and play Crameri to come in.......thoughts?
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:

regards,

REB

Who else thinks that the Harry Taylor forward experiment has run its course? Did we recruit Crameri to play VFL? Taylor back and play Crameri to come in.......thoughts?

If he wasn't in the forward line he wouldn't have marked it. But yeah, he is a defender. I'm not sure why we recruited Crameri...perhaps it was to play VFL.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Half Back Flanker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

regards,

REB

If he wasn't in the forward line he wouldn't have marked it. But yeah, he is a defender. I'm not sure why we recruited Crameri...perhaps it was to play VFL.

I wasn't actually referring to that one off moment. I love Harry, but I think our defence structures up a heap better with him back there. Especially with Henderson out. Would free up Blicavs to play back up the ground a bit around the mids where he was really good last year.
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:

regards,

REB

Sadly, I think Harry is cooked. Our defence works better without him and he's never been a natural forward. He did kick the sealer but he looked very slow out there. Might be his last season I think. Crameri has been injured..at the same time as Menzel..that's why we've had to put up with that spud Parsons. Narkle has bobbed up so hopefully no more Parsons or Gregson. Just need to do something about Murdoch now and we might be ok.

As for this season. We can't win unless we shut it down. Whenever the game gets opened up we get exposed for pace. So it's either Lyon ugly footy or a high scoring loss. Hmmmm.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Tim Kelly i think signed on to stay at the Cattery
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:35 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Tim Kelly i think signed on to stay at the Cattery

Nice. He was never going to head home after winning this year's flag anyway.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:06 pm

I can't find anything online about TK?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 384 times
Been liked: 1436 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 pm

Saw this today......

Tim Kelly's management has informed Geelong that both West Coast and Fremantle are interested in bringing the exciting midfielder home to Western Australia.

Despite the interest, Geelong remain hopeful of retaining the 23-year-old on a long term deal.

Kelly's current contract expires at the end of 2019.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Half Back Flanker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Terrible skills and players like Buzza who crap their dacks when they hear footsteps. Unfortunately we are not a top 8 team at the moment.
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Terrible skills and players like Buzza who crap their dacks when they hear footsteps. Unfortunately we are not a top 8 team at the moment.

Yep, last weeks win just papered over the cracks. Have said for ages Geelong are pretty average and I still see them missing finals.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 pm

So who do you blokes blame tonight?
No Parsons
No Murdoch
No Hyphen

No Cats