Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:[Won't be able to get an Enduring Power of Attorney if he's got dementia.

Yeah wasn't sure about the legalities there if he's already been diagnosed.

Any suggestions @jo172 or god forbid, @The Big Shrek

I don't believe he has already been diagnosed, but my limited research suggests he is in phase 2 of dementia. Its beyond being forgetful.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm

It doesn't rain, it pours!
Geez you're going through a shocking time lately CM. I have no advice but my thoughts are with you mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:[Won't be able to get an Enduring Power of Attorney if he's got dementia.

I don't believe he has already been diagnosed, but my limited research suggests he is in phase 2 of dementia. Its beyond being forgetful.

Get in before the doctors do.

Seems harsh but its your only hope.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I agree.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Totally, either way, this really needs to sorted immediately otherwise it gets very messy and the pitchforks come out from everywhere, best to sort it all amicably.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Totally, either way, this really needs to sorted immediately otherwise it gets very messy and the pitchforks come out from everywhere, best to sort it all amicably.

The Solicitor will pick up if he has dementia when your step-father gives them instructions to prepare a P/Attorney and if they do, there is no way they will prepare one unless they have a letter from a doctor saying they aren't legally incapacitated.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Bum Crack wrote:[
The Solicitor will pick up if he has dementia when your step-father gives them instructions to prepare a P/Attorney and if they do, there is no way they will prepare one unless they have a letter from a doctor saying they aren't legally incapacitated.

Just tell the solicitor that Bum Crack and Lightning McQueen suggested that you take it all over.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Just tell the solicitor that Bum Crack and Lightning McQueen suggested that you take it all over.

I'm not interested in his/her money TBH. That said I don't want to see him ripped off by other either. If what you blokes are saying is correct, and he is NOT of fit mind, then my guess is both his & my mums Will's will stand, and any "estate" left over when he goes, will be dealt with at that time. I understand when he goes I become the executor.....
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Corona Man wrote:I'm not interested in his/her money TBH. That said I don't want to see him ripped off by other either. If what you blokes are saying is correct, and he is NOT of fit mind, then my guess is both his & my mums Will's will stand, and any "estate" left over when he goes, will be dealt with at that time. I understand when he goes I become the executor.....

I'd get it all sorted still mate, just for peace of mind and so all the t's are crossed.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:10 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm not interested in his/her money TBH. That said I don't want to see him ripped off by other either. If what you blokes are saying is correct, and he is NOT of fit mind, then my guess is both his & my mums Will's will stand, and any "estate" left over when he goes, will be dealt with at that time. I understand when he goes I become the executor.....

My only concern, for you, would be the estranged daughter making it messy.

Not what you want to be dealing with at the moment mate.

On that, how are you doing?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Booney wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

My only concern, for you, would be the estranged daughter making it messy.

Not what you want to be dealing with at the moment mate.

On that, how are you doing?

I am bearing up ok thanks mate.... mind you, any player who back chats me this weekend can expect to give away a 25!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:39 am

Corona Man wrote:
I am bearing up ok thanks mate.... mind you, any player who back chats me this weekend can expect to give away a 25!

You say that now but in essence you will love getting back out there, the game I umpired after my dad passed was a top two A Grade clash between Two Wells and Hamley Bridge (when they were awesome), most of the players came and shook my hand pre-game and said their bit, I had a bit of a tear as I threw the ball up to start the match and then absolutely loved being out there, the feeling of loss that had been eating me from inside out had disappeared for a couple of hours.

I'm always here for a chat mate, even if it seems senseless, it's been over 5 years since dad passed but I'll never get used of it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

ungrateful people... Doing a massive solid for my ex (which I could easily be a jerk about), her sister partner is in labour and I mentioned a couple of days ago about having the girls if she needs to go into hospital... Tonight I had plans and baby still hasn't come but looks like it will sometime tonight, my offer still stands and barely even get "gee WUBSY I appreciate it"... What am I saying, there is no barely about it...

I don't want pats on the back, but I am getting pretty tired of this sh*t...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:ungrateful people... Doing a massive solid for my ex (which I could easily be a jerk about), her sister partner is in labour and I mentioned a couple of days ago about having the girls if she needs to go into hospital... Tonight I had plans and baby still hasn't come but looks like it will sometime tonight, my offer still stands and barely even get "gee WUBSY I appreciate it"... What am I saying, there is no barely about it...

They're ex's for a reason mate. I'd sooner it that way if I was in your shoes.

Say nothing next time, let her ask.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 pm

LM is dead right.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:ungrateful people... Doing a massive solid for my ex (which I could easily be a jerk about), her sister partner is in labour and I mentioned a couple of days ago about having the girls if she needs to go into hospital... Tonight I had plans and baby still hasn't come but looks like it will sometime tonight, my offer still stands and barely even get "gee WUBSY I appreciate it"... What am I saying, there is no barely about it...

They're ex's for a reason mate. I'd sooner it that way if I was in your shoes.

Say nothing next time, let her ask.

yep
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Sorry Wubsy, you're their father, you shouldnt get pats on the back for offering to having your own kids
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Sorry Wubsy, you're their father, you shouldnt get pats on the back for offering to having your own kids

I actually agree, enjoy every second you can get. They grow up way too quick

I would look at the positive side rather than the negative aspect
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Sorry Wubsy, you're their father, you shouldnt get pats on the back for offering to having your own kids

Don't think he's looking for a pat on the back, but his ex showing some gratitude for making an effort and trying to help her out (whilst showing flexibility and understanding and putting his own plans on hold when he doesn't need to) wouldn't hurt.

Nothing to do with the kids, i'm sure he values every moment he has with the girls.

Guess it's kind of hard to explain or make others understand until you've been in a similar position.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Don't think he's looking for a pat on the back, but his ex showing some gratitude for making an effort and trying to help her out (whilst showing flexibility and understanding and putting his own plans on hold when he doesn't need to) wouldn't hurt.

Nothing to do with the kids, i'm sure he values every moment he has with the girls.

Guess it's kind of hard to explain or make others understand until you've been in a similar position.

I see what FC's getting at, but yeah, when you have an arrangement in place (usually dictated by one parent) and plan your life around it, you are doing them a favour to change your plans to help them out. Especially when you offer. A thanks isn't too much to ask. It would be automatic if it was me.

I'm sure Wubs would have his girls everyday if he could.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion