Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby Executive Member » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:B Grade
Woodville South vs Pulteney
4.4 - 1.0
6.6 - 2.1
10.8 - 2.1
15.9 - 2.1

Woodville South win by 86 points. Pulteney 1 goal after quarter time, and scoreless second half.

Woodville South vs Ingle Farm

7.4 - 0.0
12.4 - 0.1
14.9 - 2.2
16.13 - 3.5

Woodville South win by 86 points. Ingle Farm lose second half 33-22 and 4 goals to 3 after being scoreless first quarter, & kept to 1 point in the first half.

Therefore we must deduct.. Ingle Farm > Pulteney. 8) :lol:

Guess they didn't need the extra ball behind the goal umpire
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Beachboy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Bedge on the piss. Notifications will be on.
Beachboy
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby old fullback » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Beachboy wrote:Bedge on the piss. Notifications will be on.

Watermelon Cruisers
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby bicdicmic » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Fellow footy forum lovers,
Unfortunately you will not be hearing from me for a while. My right of free speech has been snatched from my grasp.Therefore I will have to suspend my account until further notice.
Till next time, bicdicmic

P.S. up the fins
bicdicmic
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby hfoxe16 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 am

bicdicmic wrote:Fellow footy forum lovers,
Unfortunately you will not be hearing from me for a while. My right of free speech has been snatched from my grasp.Therefore I will have to suspend my account until further notice.

P.S. up the fins

To keep you amused I hear "THE COVE" is a great movie. :lol:
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby fido bedow » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:37 am

bicdicmic wrote:
The Bedge wrote:D5R Ladder after Rd 14
28 - Lockleys
20 - Woodville South
18 - CBC Old Collegians
18 - Hope Valley
18 - Kenilworth
---------------------------------
16 - Pulteney
10 - Blackfriars OS
06 - Ingle Farm
06 - Smithfield
00 - Hectorville

CBCOC - BOS (H), HV (A), HEC (H), IF (A)
Lockleys - PUL (H), SMI (H), WS (A), KEN (H)
Kenilworth - HEC (H), WS (A), IF (H), LOC (A)
Pulteney - LOC (H), BOS (A), HV (H), HEC (A)
Blackfriars - CBC (A), PUL (H), SMI (A), WS (H)
Woody South - SMI (A), KEN (H), LOC (H), BOS (A)
Smithfield - WS (H), LOC (A), BOS (H), HV (A)
Hope Valley - IF (A), CBC (H), PUL (A), SMI (H)
Hectorville - KEN (A), IF (H), CBC (A), PUL (H)
Ingle Farm - HV (H), HEC (A), KEN (A), CBC (H)

Interesting finish to the season, Lockleys wont (shouldn't) drop top spot, from there until 6th it's really wide open. Smart money would lock CBC for 4/4 to close out the year and likely 2nd spot, as Woody South will have their work cut out for them against Lockleys Rd 17.

Hope Valley travelling to Smithfield in the last game could be a tough ask depending on who the Panther have available.

Get around Ingle Farm.. last month has been a vast improvement, reversed results against Smithfield & Blackfriars while also had a 10 goal improvement over Woody South & Lockleys... competitive in patches.. Just wish could get a consistent side every week, but still we hope to have an impact over the last month still.

Woody South still the real dark horse for the flag IMO - Casazza & Green up forward is potent, Cavallaro, Coppola on the inside with O'Regan x2 on the outside, and Ridgeway in the ruck - it's a well balanced and complimentary group.

I personally think that Woody South are no good. Lockleys and Pultney have been CBC's only real challenge this year and thats only been due to injuries and a poor mindset. CBC have a point to prove this year and I think we will close out the season in a strong fashion with players filtering back into the team.
CBC A grade on the other hand are the real deal, I don't see anyone matching up against them.

Kenilworth beat CBC B grade also.
Speaking of kenilworth what’s happened to Motlop and Harman??
fido bedow
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby number2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 am

bicdicmic wrote:Fellow footy forum lovers,

P.S. up the fins

Dolphins putting a media ban on! Pathetic.
number2

Been liked: 4 times

Postby number2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:49 am

Kenilworth beat CBC B grade also.
Speaking of kenilworth what’s happened to Motlop and Harman??[/quote]

B grade comp is very competitive. Leaving lockley's out of it i think the other 5 in the top 6 can and have all beaten each other. anything can happen come finals time!

Motlop seems to play when he wants and Harman being a FIFO worker has only played one game and doesn't look like suiting up again.
number2

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Number4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 am

Kenilworth Travelled to Smithfield last week and did what they had to do on the day.

Smithfield is an experience:
Before the B grade started they had no boundry umpire and tried to claim kenilworths boundry umpire as theirs. Then when it was challenged the Smithfield officials began abusing Kenilworth officials with profanities until they realised they were wrong. A very sheepish apology came at half time but not really good enough. The B grade started and there was a lot of niggling and late hits which one kenilworth player took offence to and started to retaliate, the scuffle simmered down and the kenilworth players life was threatened for the rest of the game. I spoke to some Smithfield players after the game and they were apologetic but unfortunately the few idiots out there give all of them a bad name. Very disappointing

The A grade game was played in better spirits and Smithfield put up a great fight. Kenilworth manged to take the win in the end.
Number4
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 am

Number4 wrote:Kenilworth Travelled to Smithfield last week and did what they had to do on the day.

Before the B grade started they had no boundry umpire and tried to claim kenilworths boundry umpire as theirs. Then when it was challenged the Smithfield officials began abusing Kenilworth officials with profanities until they realised they were wrong. A very sheepish apology came at half time but not really good enough. The B grade started and there was a lot of niggling and late hits which one kenilworth player took offence to and started to retaliate, the scuffle simmered down and the kenilworth players life was threatened for the rest of the game. I spoke to some Smithfield players after the game and they were apologetic but unfortunately the few idiots out there give all of them a bad name. Very disappointing

The A grade game was played in better spirits and Smithfield put up a great fight. Kenilworth manged to take the win in the end.

(-|
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Number4 wrote:Kenilworth Travelled to Smithfield last week and did what they had to do on the day.

(-|

I don't get what threatening someone with their life actually achieves on the football field, if it upsets the millennial to the extent that he/she/fluid or whatever they are identifying as that day, then they probably should look at another sport

These pad wans have no idea of how scary playing at Smithfield is really like; its a much nicer environment than in the 80's and 90's

Come on LM back me up, its not like old mate Neville is walking around - scariest looking cat I have every played against :lol:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 am

Executive Member wrote:
I don't get what threatening someone with their life actually achieves on the football field, if it upsets the millennial to the extent that he/she/fluid or whatever they are identifying as that day, then they probably should look at another sport

These pad wans have no idea of how scary playing at Smithfield is really like; its a much nicer environment than in the 80's and 90's

Come on LM back me up, its not like old mate Neville is walking around - scariest looking cat I have every played against :lol:

Sorry mate, he lost me after the "they tried to claim our boundary ump"............................cool story bro.

Yeah, Nev is the scariest looking bloke I've ever come across, very placid though, not very often you meet a 6 foot 8 with dreadlocks and a tattoo of a tiger taking up the whole side of his face who preferred to play bare footed because he could kick further that way.

Nev never once got sent off, another interesting fact, he used to bounce for one of the biggest clubs in Perth..........................and he was the only bouncer.

I did see someone take a swing at him in the city once, it didn't end well.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Number4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

Sorry mate, he lost me after the "they tried to claim our boundary ump"............................cool story bro.

Yeah, Nev is the scariest looking bloke I've ever come across, very placid though, not very often you meet a 6 foot 8 with dreadlocks and a tattoo of a tiger taking up the whole side of his face who preferred to play bare footed because he could kick further that way.

Nev never once got sent off, another interesting fact, he used to bounce for one of the biggest clubs in Perth..........................and he was the only bouncer.

Story was more about how it was handled by the Smithfield sidelines than anything else. Bro!
Last edited by Number4 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Number4
Mini-League

Postby fido bedow » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Executive Member wrote:

LM are u saying the umpire fiasco didn’t happen??
I saw it and the amount of abuse the kenilworth officials copped was a disgrace!
All of it in front of families and kids. Yeh something to be proud of, but nothing new I wouldn’t imagine.....

fido bedow
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:31 am

Number4 wrote:

Story was more about how it was handled by the Smithfield sidelines than anything else. Pathetic Club with Pathetic Support staff ! Bro!

Who did the boundary umpire in question umpire for the previous 10 weeks?

I hear you guys were total saints about it too.

And death threats? Come on mate, that's a bit far fetched, the lad throwing around the cheap body punches was told if he kept it up he'd be having a snooze.

Half your posts are just you sooking, pretty easy hiding behind an username.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:38 am

Number4 wrote:Pathetic Club with Pathetic Support staff ! Bro!

Ouch.. probably fortunate you don't need to play them again - this comment could come back to bite you.

I actually quite like Smiffies, most of the lads are a good sort and good laugh - few on the more intimidated side of spectrum, but on both occasions this year I've enjoyed having few bevvies and chat - when we played down there don't think I left their club until around 7pm :lol:

End of the day they're just like every other club - bunch of proud and passionate members who love their footy club.. and look like they have a lot of fun and know how to party hard :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm

number2 wrote:Motlop seems to play when he wants .

I've heard Daniel isn't really that interested in playing.. in fact one of the only reasons he plays is so he stays off the froffies on a Friday night :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Number4 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Number4 wrote:

Story was more about how it was handled by the Smithfield sidelines than anything else. Pathetic Club with Pathetic Support staff ! Bro!

Who did the boundary umpire in question umpire for the previous 10 weeks?

I hear you guys were total saints about it too.

And death threats? Come on mate, that's a bit far fetched, the lad throwing around the cheap body punches was told if he kept it up he'd be having a snooze.

Half your posts are just you sooking, pretty easy hiding behind an username.

Seems like you have really let it go!

Re my posts: Sorry about having an opinion on a forum, here's something for you I spoke to Number 11 & 17 From the B grade after the game and they were very nice lads. If you can get more like them around it will only be good for your club
Number4
Mini-League

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:27 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Number4 wrote:Pathetic Club with Pathetic Support staff ! Bro!

Ouch.. probably fortunate you don't need to play them again - this comment could come back to bite you.

I actually quite like Smiffies, most of the lads are a good sort and good laugh - few on the more intimidated side of spectrum, but on both occasions this year I've enjoyed having few bevvies and chat - when we played down there don't think I left their club until around 7pm :lol:

End of the day they're just like every other club - bunch of proud and passionate members who love their footy club.. and look like they have a lot of fun and know how to party hard :lol:

Oh well, I guess it's more fun to shit-can others for some, I generally hear very positive feedback.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Number4 wrote:Sorry about having an opinion on a forum

Apology accepted, you're not the first person to have made this mistake :lol:

Lightning McQueen wrote:Oh well, I guess it's more fun to shit-can others for some, I generally hear very positive feedback.

Wise man say - better to stay on Smiffies good side, than to get on their bad :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League