Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby UK Fan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:54 pm

fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Grenville » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Good luck to young McLennan this week, hope he goes well. I'm curious to know why Wyatt Patterson isn't in the team. On a few occasions last week he showed he was willing to put his body on the line, unlike a couple of his more experienced teammates who are playing this week. Surprised Butch has been named, he was hobbling noticeably late last week.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 640 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Groucho » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Grenville wrote:. Surprised Butch has been named, he was hobbling noticeably late last week.


Just because he has been named doesn't mean he will play. Our selectors have a habit of naming players that have no intention of playing. i.e. Trent last week. It really annoys me as it only fools us supporters and doesn't affect aour opponent who usually know any way.
"Football is not a contact sport, Ballroom Dancing is a contact sport. Football is a collision sport!" Vince Lombardi, Coach - Green Bay Packers

No AFL in the SANFL!
User avatar
Groucho
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Hope Valley
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby DOC » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Centrals by 4 goals
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6583
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 539 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Groucho » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:39 pm

DOC wrote:Centrals by 4 goals

What are you smoking?
Smith and Otten in for Crows, we had no hope before that. Crows by 6 only because it's at Elizabeth 10 -12 anywhere else.
"Football is not a contact sport, Ballroom Dancing is a contact sport. Football is a collision sport!" Vince Lombardi, Coach - Green Bay Packers

No AFL in the SANFL!
User avatar
Groucho
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Hope Valley
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 50 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Grenville » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Groucho wrote:
Grenville wrote:. Surprised Butch has been named, he was hobbling noticeably late last week.


Just because he has been named doesn't mean he will play. Our selectors have a habit of naming players that have no intention of playing. i.e. Trent last week. It really annoys me as it only fools us supporters and doesn't affect aour opponent who usually know any way.


Fair point, fair point indeed.
User avatar
Grenville
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3273
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 640 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:38 pm

Dogs 3.1(19)
C&$@s 0.1(1)

1/4 time

Goals: Izzy 2 Butch
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Dogs 4.4(28)
C&$@s 1.2(8)

1/2 time

Goals: Izzy 2 Butch Trav
C@&$s : Himmelberg
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:13 pm

Many C@&$s fans there?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7724
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 2069 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby another grub » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 pm

4,000 minimum
User avatar
another grub
Coach
 
Posts: 8261
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:02 am
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby matt35 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Final score: Centrals 7.13 55 defeated Adelaide 6.3 39.
matt35
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm
Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:32 pm

matt35 wrote:Final score: Centrals 7.13 55 defeated C@&$s 6.3 39.

EFA
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 7724
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 740 times
Been liked: 2069 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby UK Fan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Boring game lbh. Schiller’s important Barmby outstanding. Butch & Izzy added some excitement. Dew is very impressive and McLennan looked solid in his debut.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!



MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.



THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 am
Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 240 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Absolutely boring.
Why leave 3 talls out and go so small.
TDJ44
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 am
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby saintal » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 pm

13 goals. Sounds boring, as indicated above.

Atleast the right team won.
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5114
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 263 times
Been liked: 301 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby GMcG » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:04 am

Once again, we went missing for 1/2 a match. 1 goal in 2 quaters of footy won't get you anywhere.
Last week against West, 2 goals in 2 quarters, almost every match this season we have failed to kick a goal in a quarter. This is a HUGE problem, as Roy stated, we are the half a game side.
And it isn't a coaching issue, it's a players' mindset issue.
We SHOULD be 9 & 5 but lost some close matches, simply because we forgot to score.
GMcG
Under 16s
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby scott » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:07 pm

GMcG wrote:Once again, we went missing for 1/2 a match. 1 goal in 2 quaters of footy won't get you anywhere.
Last week against West, 2 goals in 2 quarters, almost every match this season we have failed to kick a goal in a quarter. This is a HUGE problem, as Roy stated, we are the half a game side.
And it isn't a coaching issue, it's a players' mindset issue.
We SHOULD be 9 & 5 but lost some close matches, simply because we forgot to score.

You're right. Six of your eight losses have come about from losing one quarter badly and one other from two bad quarters. So you've won the scoreboard for 75% of the match in almost every loss.

Round 2 v Eagles - lost by 27 but conceded 6.3 to 0.2 (-38 pts) in 2nd qtr
Round 3 v Westies - lost by 9 but conceded 3.8 to 0.0 (-26 pts) in 3rd qtr
Round 6 v South - lost by 9 but conceded 4.7 to 0.1 (-30 pts) in 2nd qtr
Round 7 v Sturt - lost by 35 but conceded 8.4 to 2.5 (-35 pts) in 2nd/3rd qtrs
Round 8 v Norwood - bad night
Round 10 v Port - lost by 18 but conceded 6.0 to 3.1 (-17 pts) in 3rd qtr
Round 11 v North - lost by 9 but conceded 7.6 to 4.2 (-22) in 2nd qtr
Round 14 v West - lost by 31 but conceded 6.6 to 1.0 (-36) in 4th qtr

In 51% of your quarters this season you've kicked two goals or less including at least once in every match and 10/14 matches have seen either zero or only one goal kicked.
User avatar
scott
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3756
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Noarlunga Oval
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby StrayDog » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Groucho wrote:
DOC wrote:Centrals by 4 goals

What are you smoking?

Not a bad call there DOC, well done.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."


- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 pm
Location: Copping a "feel for the game"
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby GMcG » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm

scott wrote:
GMcG wrote:Once again, we went missing for 1/2 a match. 1 goal in 2 quaters of footy won't get you anywhere.
Last week against West, 2 goals in 2 quarters, almost every match this season we have failed to kick a goal in a quarter. This is a HUGE problem, as Roy stated, we are the half a game side.
And it isn't a coaching issue, it's a players' mindset issue.
We SHOULD be 9 & 5 but lost some close matches, simply because we forgot to score.

You're right. Six of your eight losses have come about from losing one quarter badly and one other from two bad quarters. So you've won the scoreboard for 75% of the match in almost every loss.

Round 2 v Eagles - lost by 27 but conceded 6.3 to 0.2 (-38 pts) in 2nd qtr
Round 3 v Westies - lost by 9 but conceded 3.8 to 0.0 (-26 pts) in 3rd qtr
Round 6 v South - lost by 9 but conceded 4.7 to 0.1 (-30 pts) in 2nd qtr
Round 7 v Sturt - lost by 35 but conceded 8.4 to 2.5 (-35 pts) in 2nd/3rd qtrs
Round 8 v Norwood - bad night
Round 10 v Port - lost by 18 but conceded 6.0 to 3.1 (-17 pts) in 3rd qtr
Round 11 v North - lost by 9 but conceded 7.6 to 4.2 (-22) in 2nd qtr
Round 14 v West - lost by 31 but conceded 6.6 to 1.0 (-36) in 4th qtr

In 51% of your quarters this season you've kicked two goals or less including at least once in every match and 10/14 matches have seen either zero or only one goal kicked.

the annoying thing for Roy etc is We KNOW what the problem is, it's painfully obvious, BUT how do We rectify it!!
GMcG
Under 16s
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

Postby Hazydog » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:26 pm

It’s a relatively young group that lacks a self assured, hard nosed, straight running type or two that can make the correct decision under pressure, when momentum is against them. Someone like a Kirkwood, Panos or Cross.
I also reckon the game plan is a physically exhausting one, asking a lot of a youngish group, and is one that takes a lot of developing within a squad, which is made so much harder with the larger turnover of players year to year that seems to be the norm now.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
User avatar
Hazydog
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Paralowie
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 62 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests