Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 am

The Falcon wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:Big Nik reported again in the Rams pummeling by the Eagles today.

Interesting side note later in the game when Adrian Mark was unfortunately knocked out in a contest both teams went to respective huddles except one bloke who stayed by himself in his goal square at the opposite end of the ground.
interestingly enough he was reported by an umpire on the sideline standing with all the Eagle supporters , both central umpires did not thing it was reportable?

What was the outcome [tag]The Falcon[/tag]?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:31 am

Angle Vale put up a decent effort against United on the weekend without Trent Payne, I did notice some outs for United too though, take out an 11 goal second quarter blitz by the visitors and it was a decent effort.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by OnSong » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

Interesting side note later in the game when Adrian Mark was unfortunately knocked out in a contest both teams went to respective huddles except one bloke who stayed by himself in his goal square at the opposite end of the ground.
interestingly enough he was reported by an umpire on the sideline standing with all the Eagle supporters , both central umpires did not thing it was reportable?

2 weeks.

I heard VFC may have laid a club report on the reporting umpire? Is that right? Anyone?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

by Mythical Creature » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Are you saying virginia have reported the umpire who reported Big Nik?
Thats hilarious if true! Ha.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

by Surely Not... » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:45 pm

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

2 weeks.

I heard VFC may have laid a club report on the reporting umpire? Is that right? Anyone?

Brendon Niklaus 2 Games. Was charged with striking from the reserve umpire but not from the 2 field umpires. One umpire was 15 mtrs straight in front of the contest the other not far behind. Closest umpire awarded a 25 mtr penalty stating to players it was in the contest but contact was a bit late. It seems that a bit of ground work was done between the umpires and the people representing the tribunal. Both umpires stated they had blocked vision of the contest which is a load of hog wash!! How was a 25mtr penalty awarded if so? If the umpire had told the tribunal that it was in the contest but a bit late like he had stated to players when awarding the 25 mtr penalty would Brendon have got games?? Brendon was given 1 game for late contact, is that striking?? Plus 1 game for 2nd report this year. There seems to be information and a bit of inside deals being discussed between certain people in the league, this case is clearly one of them! Questions need to be raised.....
Surely Not...
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Pulteney OS

by OnSong » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Heard there was a serious incident in Angle Vale v Two Wells game involving a severe back injury.

Delayed start of game until 4.30pm?
OnSong
Coach

by magpieeagle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 pm

OnSong wrote:Heard there was a serious incident in Angle Vale v Two Wells game involving a severe back injury.

Delayed start of game until 4.30pm?

MFS: *CFSRES INC0059 21/07/18 14:52 RESPOND HELICOPTER LANDING, ALARM LEVEL: 1, : @TWO WELLS FOOTBALL CLUB LOT 103 OLD PORT WAKEFIELD RD TWO WELLS,MAP:ADL 18 B10,TG 100, ==HELI LANDING REQ, TG 020, NO ETA :TWEL34P :
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

by Lightning McQueen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Same lad that spent a long time in a wheelchair from an incident a few years back on the field.
Today he got landed on after a tackle and couldn’t feel anything from his shoulders down.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Robran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Same lad that spent a long time in a wheelchair from an incident a few years back on the field.
Today he got landed on after a tackle and couldn’t feel anything from his shoulders down.

Good news today apparently the lad walked from hospital this morning was along the lines of a pinched
nerve in a vertabrae Glad the lads OK hope he makes a speedy recovery after all he been through in the past.
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

by heater31 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Robran wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Same lad that spent a long time in a wheelchair from an incident a few years back on the field.

Good news today apparently the lad walked from hospital this morning was along the lines of a pinched
nerve in a vertabrae Glad the lads OK hope he makes a speedy recovery after all he been through in the past.

I would still be retiring from Footy immediately though.....how can you get back on the field after going through that twice! :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

by OnSong » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:53 pm

heater31 wrote:
Robran wrote:

I would still be retiring from Footy immediately though.....how can you get back on the field after going through that twice! :shock:

Saw on 7News he has hung up the boots.
OnSong
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:31 am

OnSong wrote:Saw on 7News he has hung up the boots.

He'll play again.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by The Falcon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

2 Games one for striking one for a second report, league is a joke, we repeatedly see umpires officiating games that they played most of there football career for, geez some are even life members of these clubs, you can not tell me these umpires are not biased? It is just natural this will favour there decisions, Brendon's case should have been thrown out by the tribunal, report was written out wrong, the two field umpires did not thing it was reportable , one was 15mtrs away the other 30 mtrs away, but an umpire standing in a crowd of eagle supporters around 150mtrs away has reported him, and was pretty excited about at it, as he told all the people around him that he had reported him, exact waords heard by a certain passer bye, were "Ive got him , ". League is a bloody joke..
There's no time like the right Time..
The Falcon
Mini-League

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Virginia

by Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:44 am

Balak's sitting in the box seat for minor premiership.
Two Wells will be finals ready with a tough run home.
Mallala likely to finish 3rd.
Hummocks looming as the dark horse.

As for the B's, well that's anyone's guess, I've never seen a top 4 equal on wins this late in a season, most of the 4 play each other on the run home so that will decide the placings. United cemented themselves in the 4 with a gritty win against Hummocks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by OnSong » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:55 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Balak's sitting in the box seat for minor premiership.

As for the B's, well that's anyone's guess, I've never seen a top 4 equal on wins this late in a season, most of the 4 play each other on the run home so that will decide the placings. United cemented themselves in the 4 with a gritty win against Hummocks.

For the Peckers to finish top, Two Wells would need to lose a match, and it's hard to see where that would happen other than the match v Mallala and even then, the Roosters' percentage would be pretty solid.
OnSong
Coach

by OnSong » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 am

The Falcon wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

2 Games one for striking one for a second report, league is a joke, we repeatedly see umpires officiating games that they played most of there football career for, geez some are even life members of these clubs, you can not tell me these umpires are not biased? It is just natural this will favour there decisions, Brendon's case should have been thrown out by the tribunal, report was written out wrong, the two field umpires did not thing it was reportable , one was 15mtrs away the other 30 mtrs away, but an umpire standing in a crowd of eagle supporters around 150mtrs away has reported him, and was pretty excited about at it, as he told all the people around him that he had reported him, exact words heard by a certain passer bye, were "Ive got him , ". League is a bloody joke..

There is an issue with umpire numbers so you will see this happening from time to time.
Mind you, you see the same situation with goal umpires every single week too.
So, I think you're just going to have to get used to it happening.

And just playing devil's advocate here; the HWE player in question was taken from the ground with a significant cut or gash to his head requiring stitches from what was late contact out of the contest. So it's not like nothing happened either.

I didn't see the incident, I don't know how late it was, or how forceful it was, but there was contact to the head, suggesting medium to high impact.

I understand your frustrations and perceived bias claims but as a neutral, there is evidence suggesting there was basis for a report.
OnSong
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:18 am

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Balak's sitting in the box seat for minor premiership.

For the Peckers to finish top, Two Wells would need to lose a match, and it's hard to see where that would happen other than the match v Mallala and even then, the Roosters' percentage would be pretty solid.

Hummocks at Lochiel isn't going to be a walk in the park for them.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:28 am

The Falcon wrote:
2 Games one for striking one for a second report, league is a joke, we repeatedly see umpires officiating games that they played most of there football career for, geez some are even life members of these clubs, you can not tell me these umpires are not biased? It is just natural this will favour there decisions, Brendon's case should have been thrown out by the tribunal, report was written out wrong, the two field umpires did not thing it was reportable , one was 15mtrs away the other 30 mtrs away, but an umpire standing in a crowd of eagle supporters around 150mtrs away has reported him, and was pretty excited about at it, as he told all the people around him that he had reported him, exact waords heard by a certain passer bye, were "Ive got him , ". League is a bloody joke..

I think Francis has become a very good umpire in the recent games I've seen him do.

It would be hard to attract city based umpires so the league needs former club members to take um umpiring, at a guess, I'd say half of the umpires used to play in the APFL, Alex Leo would be an ideal umpire IMO.

It's a hard gig for BJ, if his umpiring pool is too big, blokes go elsewhere as they don't get enough games to make the travel worth while, if he runs it on minimum it makes it too hard for him when they have to work or go away.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by OnSong » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

I think Francis has become a very good umpire in the recent games I've seen him do.

It would be hard to attract city based umpires so the league needs former club members to take um umpiring, at a guess, I'd say half of the umpires used to play in the APFL, Alex Leo would be an ideal umpire IMO.

It's a hard gig for BJ, if his umpiring pool is too big, blokes go elsewhere as they don't get enough games to make the travel worth while, if he runs it on minimum it makes it too hard for him when they have to work or go away.

Yep, Francis does pretty well.

We had Barossa umpires on Saturday, I don't mind the occasional umpire exchange between comps either. Could possibly do more of those during the year.
OnSong
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:34 am

OnSong wrote:Yep, Francis does pretty well.

We had Barossa umpires on Saturday, I don't mind the occasional umpire exchange between comps either. Could possibly do more of those during the year.

How did they go? I've heard two different reports, mind you, they have different rules than the APFL.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy