Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:18 am

Spargo wrote:But but but he competes and brings the ball to ground :lol:

So did Butcher on the few occasions they actually played him :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am

whufc wrote:Genuine question for Port fans. What would they consider to be a successful season this year.

I'm presume it would be more than just making finals. Would it be winning 1 final? Making a prelim? Premiership or bust?

With Kenny at the helm they are content with honourable losses.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:25 am

Who are the current key forwards that are more than just role players and can actually tear a game apart, surely it has to be an all time low for 'Gun' key forwards.

Franklin
Brown
Kennedy
Curnow
Cameron
Walker (?)
Hawkins (?)
Hogan (?)

Even someone like Reiwoldt is now a role player rather than the out and out key focus for the forward line.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am

I actually think Dixon is a good forward it's just Ports ball movement to him is horrific at times.

If he played one on one with some decent quick ball movement he would be quite a handful.

But Ken has decided that Port should be shit in this area so his numbers will still look worse that SMac numbers.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:37 am

stan wrote:I actually think Dixon is a good forward it's just Ports ball movement to him is horrific at times.

If he played one on one with some decent quick ball movement he would be quite a handful.

But Ken has decided that Port should be shit in this area so his numbers will still look worse that SMac numbers.

Love your work mate, come out with a compliment then smash it with the punchline!! :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby stan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:I actually think Dixon is a good forward it's just Ports ball movement to him is horrific at times.

Love your work mate, come out with a compliment then smash it with the punchline!! [emoji38]
Mate it's true, probably a bit harsh on Ken but you guys move the ball forward like crap.

I a staggered that a forward line with Dixon, Wesrhoff, R. Gray, Wingard and then say throw in SPP and Boak at times can't kick more than 8 goals with 60+ inside 50's
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:46 am

stan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Love your work mate, come out with a compliment then smash it with the punchline!! [emoji38]
Mate it's true, probably a bit harsh on Ken but you guys move the ball forward like crap.

I a staggered that a forward line with Dixon, Wesrhoff, R. Gray, Wingard and then say throw in SPP and Boak at times can't kick more than 8 goals with 60+ inside 50's

I know, I totally agree with you, it's bloody frustrating, lets have a slick on-ball brigade and forward line but play a defensive running game.

If Dixon doesn't mark it you have Gray, Wingard, Motlop and co. to crumb the ball but he plays to Ports weakness, not their strength.

Is he waiting to make a GF and then try a new tactic to catch the opposition off guard? You have to make the finals first, making the top 4 goes a long way and then finishing top 2 is the easiest way to the big dance.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mots02 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 am

bennymacca wrote:and lets not bring up Josh Jenkins' stats either :P

I think we should ;) be nice to compare Charles to the "greatest over paid potato in the history of the AFL" **. I'm sure Charles stats would be favourable in comparison?

** SOURCE - SAFooty Forum discussion topics, 2015 - 2018
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 am

whufc wrote:Who are the current key forwards that are more than just role players and can actually tear a game apart, surely it has to be an all time low for 'Gun' key forwards.

Franklin
Brown
Kennedy
Curnow
Cameron
Walker (?)
Hawkins (?)
Hogan (?)

Even someone like Reiwoldt is now a role player rather than the out and out key focus for the forward line.

Josh Jenkins

:D
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:18 am

Brodlach wrote:
whufc wrote:Who are the current key forwards that are more than just role players and can actually tear a game apart, surely it has to be an all time low for 'Gun' key forwards.

Franklin
Brown
Kennedy
Curnow
Cameron
Walker (?)
Hawkins (?)
Hogan (?)

Josh Jenkins

:D

He plays his role as a decoy very well :lol:
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:57 am

One day there will be no Joe the Goose, will become Josh the Goose
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:24 am

Only 3* more years of Kenny Port Fans, look at the positives.

*unless they extend his contract for no reason like they did last time :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby JK » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:43 am

Franklin
Brown
Kennedy
Curnow
Cameron
Walker (?)
Hawkins (?)
Hogan (?)

Probably have to include Darling based on his form this season. Lynch (GC) would be in there also, not that he's delivered on his potential in recent seasons. Daniher too once he gets the body right is an absolute star. Hipwood might get there.

The focus of the gun forwards seems to be shifting more and more to the De Goey, T-McDonald, Greene types that also offer that versatility to play a multitude of roles all over tha park.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LMA » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:38 pm

UK Fan wrote:
LMA wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Im sure we will see some lame excuse. It's what PAFC does well.

Why do we need an excuse? 34,693. Fourth best crowd of the weekend, but it ain't no 1500 at Elizabeth. No reserves in the SANFL you might break 1800 @ My Money

$ 18 million salary cap compared to $400k. Is your crowd 45 times larger ??

Dogs use to get 3000 a home game pre afl assholes playing in our Comp. Now we get 2000. 33% drop off for $50k a year.

Thanks Olsen Thomas Trigg Davies Tripodi etc....

Love it how SANFL die hards call it their comp, can't say I've ever heard an Ammo or AFL fan or member refer to the comp as theirs.
$13 million would be closer, you could buy the suburb of Elizabeth for $18 million. The AFL assholes have been in your comp for 27 years but soon as they get to play together there's a massive meltdown. At a guess probably a third of your players are playing in the SANFL in the hope of playing in the AFL, the SANFL has been an AFL feeder comp and influenced by the AFL well before 20 AFL listed players per team got to have a game together each week in the Suburbs
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:48 pm

whufc wrote:Genuine question for Port fans. What would they consider to be a successful season this year.

I'm presume it would be more than just making finals. Would it be winning 1 final? Making a prelim? Premiership or bust?

No point making finals unless you win the lot. Saying that a Prelim berth would be a success IMO but that's unlikely if they don't finish top 4 after Home & Away
LMA
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:49 pm

LMA wrote:

No point making finals unless you win the lot. Saying that a Prelim berth would be a success IMO but that's unlikely if they don't finish top 4 after Home & Away

Looking forward to 3 more years of Ken after they miss the 8 this year, should be entertaining. Whos going to pay the contract out this time, the Chinese?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby LMA » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:10 pm

And Then!
LMA
Coach

Postby Ruben Carter » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:10 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
LMA wrote:

Looking forward to 3 more years of Ken after they miss the 8 this year, should be entertaining. Whos going to pay the contract out this time, the Chinese?

Looking forward to you posting a retraction when that doesn't happen, should be entertaining. :D
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Don't know if anyone saw. Port Adelaide official twitter account tweeted that Polec informed them he was joining a club in Victoria. It was taken down after 17 minutes.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:23 pm

mighty hounds wrote:Don't know if anyone saw. Port Adelaide official twitter account tweeted that Polec informed them he was joining a club in Victoria. It was taken down after 17 minutes.

Someone in the media department has some explaining to do........
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL