Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby HH3 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Our current issue is misrepresentation of quantity. They've been giving us estimates, etc for years, and no one here would let me do anything. The guy who's chummy with our reps sold up recently.

The new owners a bit green, so I asked him directly, and he mustn't be in on the ruse, because he told me exactly what I'd assumed for years. Turns out we're paying way more for way less than we can from elsewhere.

Goneski!
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:52 pm

HH3 wrote:Our current issue is misrepresentation of quantity. They've been giving us estimates, etc for years, and no one here would let me do anything. The guy who's chummy with our reps sold up recently.

The new owners a bit green, so I asked him directly, and he mustn't be in on the ruse, because he told me exactly what I'd assumed for years. Turns out we're paying way more for way less than we can from elsewhere.

Goneski!

Did you give the new owner a chance to re-quote? Bit harsh on the new owner if the previous mob have been ripping you off for years
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Good on your son, took it for long enough and cracked. I don’t blame him. Hopefully that is the end of it

I think you should have been told straight away, she would expect to be informed

THIS

Yeah mate, poor lad has been shitting himself all holidays waiting for me to find out.

He still doesn't know that I know, I'm picking up from volleyball practice this arvo to take him straight to footy training, I think we'll have "that talk" then.

As a parent, I actually find that I have the best convo's with my kids are in the car, we are both trapped, we know how long we have to say what we have to get out which means we have to factor in a resolution time too, nothing beats "quality time" when it comes to teenage kids.

@Lightning McQueen How did you go?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:01 am

Brodlach wrote:

Yeah, good thanks mate, I got a better run down of what had happened, the kid has been on his case for quite some time and bailed him up with some of his mates in toe, the kid was pushing him in the chest saying "come on, come on", my lad snapped and gave him one then pinned him down with his forearm under his chin and fist clenched until a teacher came.

I told him that sometimes you just have no choice but he has to tell me next time and tell me if there's any repercussions from this, they've crossed paths a couple of times since and the kid has said nothing so hopefully it's the end of it.

I know he'll never go looking for trouble but it's important to be able to defend yourself.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:04 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Yeah, good thanks mate, I got a better run down of what had happened, the kid has been on his case for quite some time and bailed him up with some of his mates in toe, the kid was pushing him in the chest saying "come on, come on", my lad snapped and gave him one then pinned him down with his forearm under his chin and fist clenched until a teacher came.

I told him that sometimes you just have no choice but he has to tell me next time and tell me if there's any repercussions from this, they've crossed paths a couple of times since and the kid has said nothing so hopefully it's the end of it.

I know he'll never go looking for trouble but it's important to be able to defend yourself.

Mate it’s a hard one isn’t it.
We are suppose to tell our kids to walk away but sometimes you do need to stand up for yourself to make it stop.
Your lad didn’t king hit him so it’s all good in my books.

Hopefully that’s the end of it for you.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Mate it’s a hard one isn’t it.
We are suppose to tell our kids to walk away but sometimes you do need to stand up for yourself to make it stop.
Your lad didn’t king hit him so it’s all good in my books.

Hopefully that’s the end of it for you.

Sure is, I grew up in the absolute Bronx and through association I knew the dangers of going out alone as a teenager, I wasn't a troublemaker but some people didn't take to my seemingly harmless payouts etc. It didn't help that apparently I looked exactly like a dude that used to get round and run amok, I actually got detained from the Police twice because they thought I was him.

I managed to get through adolescence relatively unscathed, gangs were pretty rife and I did happen to be on the right bus at the wrong time a couple of times so I try to speak to my kids the dangers form experience, no matter how tough you think you are, there's always going to be someone tougher around the corner.

Don't provoke but don't get walked over.

No he didn't, I would've been livid if he did, he did what he had to do without over-doing it, I can take that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 am

That’s good, glad it got sorted.

Hopefully it is then end of it now, best to stand up to bully’s IMO as most of it is all bluff
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Psyber » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Sometimes you just have to fight back. When I was about 12 I put up with a bully for a while as I'd been encouraged to not fight. But in the end I demonstrated a few basic judo skills for him and it all settled down.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Psyber wrote:Sometimes you just have to fight back. When I was about 12 I put up with a bully for a while as I'd been encouraged to not fight. But in the end I demonstrated a few basic judo skills for him and it all settled down.

Has anyone ever seen James Bond and Pysber in the same room?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Started a new job recently. The bloke i've been working with constantly checks his phone every 5 minutes and sometimes 6 times in the space of a minute. Finally had enough after waiting for his help while he was on his phone and ark up about it. Didn't look at the phone again for the last 3 hours. Fair to say I had enough after 4 days of it :evil:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 am

When you realise the mouse traps you bought weren't big enough for the job I need done!!!!!

Mouse 1 me 0

It's war!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:20 am

woodublieve12 wrote:When you realise the mouse traps you bought weren't big enough for the job I need done!!!!!

Mouse 1 me 0

It's war!!!

What sort did you get?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:When you realise the mouse traps you bought weren't big enough for the job I need done!!!!!

Mouse 1 me 0

It's war!!!

What sort did you get?

just a standard mouse trap. Those plastic ones... Rubbish, its set it off but zero results. But I saw the mouse (which I think is a rat!!!)... I have never had a mouse problem at any of the places ive lived at, so I am pretty disgusted by it!!! Going to bunnings tonight to get a better one...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:30 am

little sidenote, still a better pet than the ducks!!
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 am

Watching my son play footy yesterday, he's had a stellar year but geez it was frustrating watching him yesterday, he'd obviously had a very late on the xbox, his whole on-ball brigade played like they were stuck in 2nd gear in a "must win" game against a dangerous side.

This fortnite game seems to have everyone hooked. I went to make sure he was awake this morning and there he was dead to the world with his headphones still on, it's all about to come to a screaming halt.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:35 am

woodublieve12 wrote:just a standard mouse trap. Those plastic ones... Rubbish, its set it off but zero results. But I saw the mouse (which I think is a rat!!!)... I have never had a mouse problem at any of the places ive lived at, so I am pretty disgusted by it!!! Going to bunnings tonight to get a better one...

Use a small dab of peanut butter...................and for the trap.

Is it one that closes and traps them or the steel trap that pins them and squeezes their guts out everywhere?

I spent time living across from some fields where they were doing some housing developments and copped a couple of plagues, ended up just getting a cat after a while but caught millions in the mean time, used to line the traps with dripping aswell to make them more sensitive.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Watching my son play footy yesterday, he's had a stellar year but geez it was frustrating watching him yesterday, he'd obviously had a very late on the xbox, his whole on-ball brigade played like they were stuck in 2nd gear in a "must win" game against a dangerous side.

This frontline game seems to have everyone hooked. I went to make sure he was awake this morning and there he was dead to the world with his headphones still on, it's all about to come to a screaming halt.

Not just limited to your son mate, you would be amazed at the amount of kids who rock into school half-asleep, late or both because they were up playing Fortnite.
Last edited by Pag on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 am

Pag wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Watching my son play footy yesterday, he's had a stellar year but geez it was frustrating watching him yesterday, he'd obviously had a very late on the xbox, his whole on-ball brigade played like they were stuck in 2nd gear in a "must win" game against a dangerous side.

This frontline game seems to have everyone hooked. I went to make sure he was awake this morning and there he was dead to the world with his headphones still on, it's all about to come to a screaming halt.

Not just limited to your son mate, you would be amazed at the amount of kids who rock into school half-asleeep, late or both becausde they were up playing Fortnite.

That's the game, I'm a bit behind the times, speaking to other parents yesterday they were saying similar things.

I'm disabling our wi-fi at 10pm from now on.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:17 am

Yep we are going thru the fortnite phase at home, we have put a curfew on them otherwise they would ******* play all night :evil:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:19 am

Mondays
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext