40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby footyfan82 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:15 pm

What are the rules in regards to team selection and finals?
Can a player go from A grade to reserves in the finals? Or there a minimum game rules?
Does it change with 2 teams in the finals?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
footyfan82

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby BZB27 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:23 pm

footyfan82 wrote:What are the rules in regards to team selection and finals?
Can a player go from A grade to reserves in the finals? Or there a minimum game rules?

If both sides in finals you can chop and change all you want if only the ressies are left i think you have to have played more B grade than a grade for the year and if its close i think you can get a permit
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:26 pm

BZB27 wrote:

If both sides in finals you can chop and change all you want if only the ressies are left i think you have to have played more B grade than a grade for the year and if its close i think you can get a permit

You can "apply", not many get through nowadays though, pretty think line in the sand which is great IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:05 pm

BZB27 wrote:

This is correct except once you play 2 x A grade finals, you can't come back down to the B grade if the A grade has been knocked out, even if you've played majority B grade games all year
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby sinister23 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:06 pm

S Demon wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

This is correct except once you play 2 x A grade finals, you can't come back down to the B grade if the A grade has been knocked out, even if you've played majority B grade games all year

That's a bullsh*t rull especially if your A grade has a few injuries during the finals series. Is there anyway they can apply for a permit if there was a case like this?
sinister23
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:18 pm

sinister23 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

That's a bullsh*t rull especially if your A grade has a few injuries during the finals series. Is there anyway they can apply for a permit if there was a case like this?

8443 8999 ask for Tony
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby sinister23 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Their left hand doesn't know what their right hand does. Wouldn't waste my time.
Last edited by sinister23 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sinister23
Mini-League

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:45 pm

sinister23 wrote:Their left hand doesn't know what their right hand is does. Wouldn't waste my time.
My experience is the opposite. I had a very quick and concise response to a player eligibility question today.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Q. wrote:
sinister23 wrote:Their left hand doesn't know what their right hand is does. Wouldn't waste my time.
My experience is the opposite. I had a very quick and concise response to a player eligibility question today.

yeah but its more fun to pot them without asking a direct question :roll:

you could always just play the player, worked a treat for Trinity's B Grade last year 8)
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby sinister23 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Q. wrote:

you could always just play the player, worked a treat for Trinity's B Grade last year 8)

We spoke to them a couple of years ago regarding a player permit and it was chaotic trying to get that put through.
sinister23
Mini-League

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:53 pm

sinister23 wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
Q. wrote:

We spoke to them a couple of years ago regarding a player permit and it was chaotic trying to get that put through.

surely you are taking the p155, a couple of years ago LOL think you might find there have been changes to the rules and regs since then, which streamlines the process
Executive Member
Veteran

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Learn the rules & regs and manage your players, then you wont have to worry about asking the league towards the pointy end of the season. :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:23 pm

sinister23 wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean, bloody rules and stuff, who needs them?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Another good win for our reserves on Saturday. We were challenged at parts of the game. But overall I believe we controlled the game and it was awesome to get another win and continue our run into the finals. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky in the A's and the A's season has been played out by missed opportunities and poor skill levels. With the inclusion of a lot of new blokes into our A grade and getting used to the way we all play. Hopefully 2019 will be a better year.
This week we face TTG which will be another tight and hard fought contest. Another pre finals hitout. Got plenty of blokes coming back this Saturday so this game will give us an idea of how we are going to prepare come finals. Can't wait. Go Raiders!!!!!!

You are 16-0 and conceding under 5 goals a game while your A grade have had a disappointing season, can see why.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:56 am

Dutchy wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Another good win for our reserves on Saturday. We were challenged at parts of the game. But overall I believe we controlled the game and it was awesome to get another win and continue our run into the finals. Unfortunately we weren't as lucky in the A's and the A's season has been played out by missed opportunities and poor skill levels. With the inclusion of a lot of new blokes into our A grade and getting used to the way we all play. Hopefully 2019 will be a better year.
This week we face TTG which will be another tight and hard fought contest. Another pre finals hitout. Got plenty of blokes coming back this Saturday so this game will give us an idea of how we are going to prepare come finals. Can't wait. Go Raiders!!!!!!

You are 16-0 and conceding under 5 goals a game while your A grade have had a disappointing season, can see why.

yeah doesn't seem ike you are stacking the B's at all :shock:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2399 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:08 am

Houghton B grade were a very improved outfit in D6R as the season went on last year. Due to injuries over the last couple of years they've had a large number go through and experience A grade footy.

I don't know what the gap between D6 and D7 is, but I suspect D6R to D7R would be a fair few more goals on top of that.

Probably only two players i'm surprised to see in their B grade - Fitzgerald & Currie - the rest much of a muchness.

It would be foolish to think a club - particularly one with a new A grade coach in his first senior role - would prioritise B grade success over A grade success, perhaps their success is a reflection of the smaller gap between their A & B grade sides, not that one is loaded.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3998 times

Postby Q. » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 am

Not short of blokes to pick from this year. Great spread of talent, but the results indicative of missing a top tier key forward in the As.

Also, I am sandbagging.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby hulkamania » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 am

Dutchy wrote:

Yes, clearly we need to play our B grade as our A grade. Despite the fact that on the weekend our 3 best players were all over 35 years old, and had 12 blokes over 30 years of age playing (usually 10-12 every week since round 1).

Our entire list is available to play seniors, and has when selected.

Bar Q, who is sandbagging.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby zedman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:27 am

The Bedge wrote:Houghton B grade were a very improved outfit in D6R as the season went on last year. Due to injuries over the last couple of years they've had a large number go through and experience A grade footy.

I don't know what the gap between D6 and D7 is, but I suspect D6R to D7R would be a fair few more goals on top of that.

Probably only two players i'm surprised to see in their B grade - Fitzgerald & Currie - the rest much of a muchness.

It would be foolish to think a club - particularly one with a new A grade coach in his first senior role - would prioritise B grade success over A grade success, perhaps their success is a reflection of the smaller gap between their A & B grade sides, not that one is loaded.

i think this is the reason for the season..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Informer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:Houghton B grade were a very improved outfit in D6R as the season went on last year. Due to injuries over the last couple of years they've had a large number go through and experience A grade footy.

Cheers Bedgie, Currie has only played one game in the B grade and that was Sat after coming back from injuriy and Fitzy has been up and down all year.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League