16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby coman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:12 pm

Just like to thank zedman and the lockleys football club for looking after us as we have a good common mutual respect for each other.
I think zed was hoping we could compete,as the Dees needed a solid battle to find some form back so i hope we have helped out in that aspect,
All the best zed i really hope you's can go all the way but as we no CBOC will be hard to upset.
coman
Rookie

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 61 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby zedman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:08 pm

thanks mate, we enjoy the challenge of playing your club..your boys delivered a strong effort for the entire game..club should be proud..impressed with a couple of your youngsters..good signs for next year there..we have had a rough fortnight so having to deliver a 4 quarter effort to win was sort of what we needed..panthers don’t give up no matter the score!..best of luck in the next couple..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 am

coman wrote:Just like to mention as the head coach of the Smithfield football club, i couldn't be more happier with my squad the way they have pulled together after a rough start to the season with the departures and injuries.
Adam varco
Matty stewart
Ben towel
Scott Webber
Swede hanaman
Rob Abdullah
Also chris strange before round 1.
That's a fair list there but all the remaining players stuck together and stood up and are improving each week as they get more game time together.
Also i am very impressed with our on field and off field dissapline as we are getting good feed back from the umpires committee and our oppositions,we will keep chipping away to earn a gain respect from our opposition club's and umpire's.

The Smithfield Football Club has done an amazing job in changing their on-field football culture in the last 4-5 years. It's a credit to everyone involved at the club from the coaches, players, supporters (who at all clubs have the ability to massive influences/instigators).

A strong Smithfield Football Club is great for it's community.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:38 am

whufc wrote:
The Smithfield Football Club has done an amazing job in changing their on-field football culture in the last 4-5 years. It's a credit to everyone involved at the club from the coaches, players, supporters (who at all clubs have the ability to massive influences/instigators).

A strong Smithfield Football Club is great for it's community.

They are doing a strong drive for junior footy to start up again next season, just need to start at the early ages and build a culture from there, they will have a 2nd womens team next season so that should gain some kids in the 5 to 8 year old bracket.

I've suggested to those behind it to start with 6's and 8's and just keep retaining them and building under them as they get older.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:51 am

Had some interesting umpiring decisions on the weekend no surprise ha

Please tell me I'm not going crazy but if a player collects the ball off the ground and drives his head into a stationary opposition player. It should not be called high contact because the player with the ball has put himself in danger by ducking his head and driving forward.

What is the stationary opposition player meant to do? Umpires response: "Let him stand up then tackle" and while your at it just let him run through the centre and kick a goal. Please!
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Beachboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:00 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Had some interesting umpiring decisions on the weekend no surprise ha

Please tell me I'm not going crazy but if a player collects the ball off the ground and drives his head into a stationary opposition player. It should not be called high contact because the player with the ball has put himself in danger by ducking his head and driving forward.

What is the stationary opposition player meant to do? Umpires response: "Let him stand up then tackle" and while your at it just let him run through the centre and kick a goal. Please!

Media ban over hfoxe?
Beachboy
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Beachboy wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Had some interesting umpiring decisions on the weekend no surprise ha

Media ban over hfoxe?

Just using my get out of jail free card next roll better not land on community chest.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Frank Grimes the 3rd » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Beachboy wrote:

Someone will end up getting seriously hurt using this tactic but unfortunatley if the umpires keep rewarding it, players will keep doing it.
Frank Grimes the 3rd
Mini-League

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Kybybolite

Postby Beachboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Any truth to the rumour that the bedge was seen having a coffee with an opposition coach last week? Could we see Bedgegood in new colours next season?
Beachboy
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Beachboy wrote:Any truth to the rumour that the bedge was seen having a coffee with an opposition coach last week? Could we see Bedgegood in new colours next season?

Offer was grossly inadequate.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Beachboy wrote:Any truth to the rumour that the bedge was seen having a coffee with an opposition coach last week? Could we see Bedgegood in new colours next season?

Offer was grossly inadequate.

Surely they know the minimum is 2 pies and a can of coke?
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Beachboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:05 pm

My source told me he was offered free range to transform the bbq to his liking. Budget not an issue.
Beachboy
Mini-League

Postby giffo » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Beachboy wrote:My source told me he was offered free range to transform the bbq to his liking. Budget not an issue.

Off to Pulteney then ;)
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:21 pm

If he wants a gig then he should ban himself from here.
He has potential but there are two clubs i know of that wont touch the young man due to being too media friendly.
Take it or leave it.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:If he wants a gig then he should ban himself from here.
He has potential but there are two clubs i know of that wont touch the young man due to being too media friendly.
Take it or leave it.

Obviously by media friendly you’re referring solely to safooty, because I rarely post crap on FB and I don’t use things like Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.

To be honest, I’d be lying if I said that didn’t disappoint me. I would have liked to think I would be judged on my ability to coach, and my work ethic in the role, not some comments I write on a random footy forum for a bit of fun.

I invest an incredible amount of time and energy into coaching both football & cricket, as well as other roles and fitting in a full time job and family - I don’t have time for other pastimes like some people, this forum (sadly) is really my only opportunity to release and take my mind off things - to have to be told to give up that because it’ll impact chances to coach is a little disappointing.

I coach because I enjoy it, and try to do the best job I can possibly do, but you know there are more important things in life and if I’m judged on my presence here, then is it really worth it anyway?

*edit* - having said that, obviously if I had a senior job my presence would be significantly less, and even cease if asked by the club.. all I’m saying is I think I shouldn’t be judged purely on my safooty posts, nor should I be required to change/stop what I do to appease people/clubs that don’t know me.
Last edited by The Bedge on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:13 am

Computer Crashed wrote:

Take it or leave it.

I'm still trying to work out who the prick is?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Take it or leave it.

I'm still trying to work out who the prick isn't?

*Edited for accuracy
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Ingle Farm B Grader Brandon Cox nails the sportsbet barrel... $10k ching ching!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ingle Farm B Grader Brandon Cox nails the sportsbet barrel... $10k ching ching!

I thought this was on today - well done to him :D

Wonder if anyone else got close
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ingle Farm B Grader Brandon Cox nails the sportsbet barrel... $10k ching ching!

How far?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League