Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby OnSong » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:02 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:Yep, Francis does pretty well.

We had Barossa umpires on Saturday, I don't mind the occasional umpire exchange between comps either. Could possibly do more of those during the year.

How did they go? I've heard two different reports, mind you, they have different rules than the APFL.

Did well. Didn't have much to umpire really, game was pretty open and uneventful.

They did pay Balaklava a free kick for the VFC runner being inside 50 on a kick-in, which I read a few weeks ago in the bylaws that it doesn't apply in our comp:

34. APFL Changes to AFL Rules
AFL Rule 13.5 “Official within fifty metre arc” does not apply in the APFL.

AFL: 13.5
OFFICIAL WITHIN FIFTY-METRE ARC
Unless attending to an injured Player or making every endeavour to vacate the area, no Official is permitted within the Fifty-Metre Arc during the time when a defensive Player is preparing to Kick or in the act of Kicking the football back into play after a Behind has been scored. Where an Official contravenes this Law, the opposing Team shall be awarded a Free Kick at the back line of the Centre Square, to be taken by the Player from the opposing Team who is closest to that location.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:43 pm

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Falcon wrote:
2 Games one for striking one for a second report, league is a joke, we repeatedly see umpires officiating games that they played most of there football career for, geez some are even life members of these clubs, you can not tell me these umpires are not biased? It is just natural this will favour there decisions, Brendon's case should have been thrown out by the tribunal, report was written out wrong, the two field umpires did not thing it was reportable , one was 15mtrs away the other 30 mtrs away, but an umpire standing in a crowd of eagle supporters around 150mtrs away has reported him, and was pretty excited about at it, as he told all the people around him that he had reported him, exact waords heard by a certain passer bye, were "Ive got him , ". League is a bloody joke..

I think Francis has become a very good umpire in the recent games I've seen him do.

It would be hard to attract city based umpires so the league needs former club members to take um umpiring, at a guess, I'd say half of the umpires used to play in the APFL, Alex Leo would be an ideal umpire IMO.

It's a hard gig for BJ, if his umpiring pool is too big, blokes go elsewhere as they don't get enough games to make the travel worth while, if he runs it on minimum it makes it too hard for him when they have to work or go away.

Yep, Francis does pretty well.

We had Barossa umpires on Saturday, I don't mind the occasional umpire exchange between comps either. Could possibly do more of those during the year.

I'd love to see an umpire exchange during finals. I think it would be great for the development of our umpires, but it would also give our league some exposure to a broader pool of umpires some of which may realise that the APFL isn't actually that far away at all and decide to come out permanently.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 pm

OnSong wrote: And just playing devil's advocate here; the HWE player in question was taken from the ground with a significant cut or gash to his head requiring stitches from what was late contact out of the contest. So it's not like nothing happened either.

I didn't see the incident, I don't know how late it was, or how forceful it was, but there was contact to the head, suggesting medium to high impact.

I understand your frustrations and perceived bias claims but as a neutral, there is evidence suggesting there was basis for a report.

Yes to be fair he left in an Ambulance
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby The Falcon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:
OnSong wrote: And just playing devil's advocate here; the HWE player in question was taken from the ground with a significant cut or gash to his head requiring stitches from what was late contact out of the contest. So it's not like nothing happened either.

I didn't see the incident, I don't know how late it was, or how forceful it was, but there was contact to the head, suggesting medium to high impact.

I understand your frustrations and perceived bias claims but as a neutral, there is evidence suggesting there was basis for a report.

Yes to be fair he left in an Ambulance

Talking to one of the Eagles superstars after the game, claims it wasn`t that big a cut and the coach wanted him to go back on, it was his mother who pushed the issue for the ambulance, and he didn't think Brendan would get games? But that is done and dusted now.
There's no time like the right Time..
The Falcon
Mini-League

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Virginia

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I never said he didn’t cop shit for it :D
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Postby Pine Warmer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 am

South Australia National Football League (SANFL) Two Wells Football & Netball Sporting Club Edmead, Caleb Pending 2018-07-26

Fair late in for the Roosters!!
Pine Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Western Districts

Postby OnSong » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Pine Warmer wrote:South Australia National Football League (SANFL) Two Wells Football & Netball Sporting Club Edmead, Caleb Pending 2018-07-26

Fair late in for the Roosters!!

He played a bit of cricket there a few years ago. Must be on a permit?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:59 pm

APFL U14's to play in carnival on Sunday at Burra

Angle Vale - Parker Lewis, Jordan Campbell, Nathan Johnson, Jarrell Lampard
Balaklava - Jacob Battle, Bailey Arthur, Jack McLean, Jacob Chapman, Macca Smith, Jaden Brownlie
HWE - Tate Purdue, Nate Ottens, Matt Hayes
Mallala - Jacob Pratt, Harrison Taylor, Charlie Baker, Jack May
Two Wells - Declan Slattery, Samuel Harnas, Dante Spiteri, Rodney Wilmhurst, Kaidyn Silvy
United - Josiah Bennett, Phoenix Barklay, Thomas Woods
Hazbeen
Veteran

Been liked: 122 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Hazbeen wrote:APFL U14's to play in carnival on Sunday at Burra

Balaklava - Jacob Battle, Bailey Arthur, Jack McLean, Jacob Chapman, Macca Smith, Jaden Brownlie
Two Wells - Declan Slattery, Samuel Harnas, Dante Spiteri, Rodney Wilmhurst, Kaidyn Silvy

No players selected from Virginia yet sitting top of the table and have only lost one game?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:09 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:

No players selected from Virginia yet sitting top of the table and have only lost one game?

That's because they did not nominate anyone, in junior rep footy the club nominate players for the training squad then the selectors narrow it to the final 25.

Go ask Jamie Thomas why he didn't nominate any players
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:49 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:

That's because they did not nominate anyone, in junior rep footy the club nominate players for the training squad then the selectors narrow it to the final 25.

Go ask Jamie Thomas why he didn't nominate any players

Exactly right Hazbeen, clubs put forward the players- sometimes they wont for the fear of injuries, some there that train with our Eagles 14s, looks good>
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:29 pm

Its because all of virginias 14s are on permits and play for salis north on sundays coached by the same guy.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby The Falcon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:39 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Its because all of virginias 14s are on permits and play for salis north on sundays coached by the same guy.

in correct there was 9 permit players, and 6 can only play at a time due to the bylaws, out of the 8 3 have come across as full time players, in his side 5 are in the Centrals development squad & 2 in the North Adelaide squad, and are not encouraged to play by these clubs, it is disappointing these clubs wont let them play..
:roll:
There's no time like the right Time..
The Falcon
Mini-League

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Virginia

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:01 pm

The Falcon wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Its because all of virginias 14s are on permits and play for salis north on sundays coached by the same guy.

in correct there was 9 permit players, and 6 can only play at a time due to the bylaws, out of the 8 3 have come across as full time players, in his side 5 are in the Centrals development squad & 2 in the North Adelaide squad, and are not encouraged to play by these clubs, it is disappointing these clubs wont let them play..

Find it hard that CD/NA wont let them play but are happy for them to play each week in local footy, SANFL clubs like their players playing high level footy and considering these carnivals are SANFL run to choose U14 development squads find that hard to believe, plenty of WWTFC development players are playing! Think you find it is a club decision close to finals, and players changing leagues , well other issue.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:39 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

Find it hard that CD/NA wont let them play but are happy for them to play each week in local footy, SANFL clubs like their players playing high level footy and considering these carnivals are SANFL run to choose U14 development squads find that hard to believe, plenty of WWTFC development players are playing! Think you find it is a club decision close to finals, and players changing leagues , well other issue.

All of Angle Vales Centrals development players play in these carnivals, Centrals (Barossa) and North (Northern Areas) are part of these carnivals not just the Eagles (APFL, North Eastern and Yorkes)
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Hazbeen wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
The Falcon wrote:

All of Angle Vales Centrals development players play in these carnivals, Centrals (Barossa) and North (Northern Areas) are part of these carnivals not just the Eagles (APFL, North Eastern and Yorkes)

Didn't say just Eagles if you read, I said their development players play so find it hard to believe CD/NA wont let theirs play, CD only be part of it the last 3 yrs and what zone you belong too goes on address not club, Platt played well for us in the U17 carnival from Virginia.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 pm

We won! APFL 2018 SANFL central zone U14 interleague carnival winners
Hazbeen
Veteran

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Hazbeen wrote:

We won! APFL 2018 SANFL central zone U14 interleague carnival winners

Fantastic effort considering the top side didn’t make any players available, maybe the APFL should start suspending juniors to get them ready for senior footy?
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Postby Ace of Spades » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Meanwhile, I must apologise to Mallala, I’ve always thought they must pay their players too much, but when they are forced to bring their own beers to footy in order to survive I really feel bad now, perhaps we should organise a fundraiser?
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 am

Ace of Spades wrote:Meanwhile, I must apologise to Mallala, I’ve always thought they must pay their players too much, but when they are forced to bring their own beers to footy in order to survive I really feel bad now, perhaps we should organise a fundraiser?

Players bringing their own beers?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy