Central v Norwood

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Central v Norwood

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 pm

I left the ground not feeling angry but disillusioned. If that is the game style we are pursuing as a club we will go absolutely nowhere. The young kids being introduced haven't got a hope in hell of learning the craft or developing as players playing that crap. Norwood barely got out of neutral, had us by the balls all day. Shattered.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Groucho » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Champion Data telling lies again. They show free kicks 28 - 17 in favour of Central. Shows frees don't matter that much as we still lost by 7 goals.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:04 pm

If Norwood were dinkum today they would've won by 20 goals, they were just going through the motions, and our persistence in playing crab football played into their hands. Just as it has on that many occasions this year against varied opponents it's beyond a joke.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Groucho » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Thank goodness there's only 2 weeks left can't wait for this to be over.
10 goal loss at Alberton 20 goal loss to Eagles at home to finish this hell hole of a season. :twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Groucho wrote:Thank goodness there's only 2 weeks left can't wait for this to be over.
10 goal loss at Alberton 20 goal loss to Eagles at home to finish this hell hole of a season. :twisted:

I just want to see us play a game style that gives us half a chance. We have some talent, give them a chance to show it.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Groucho » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Agree, I hate the "AFL" style game we play.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:14 pm

Grenville wrote:If Norwood were dinkum today they would've won by 20 goals, they were just going through the motions, and our persistence in playing crab football played into their hands. Just as it has on that many occasions this year against varied opponents it's beyond a joke.

Apparently this is the only way to play now.
We don't have the skills to play perfect possession footy.
We allowed Norwood to have extra numbers back and when we do bust our gut to win the ball and go forward its one on four.
Johnston and Grigg never manned up.....Laird mentioned accountability before the game,where was it??
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:28 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
Grenville wrote:If Norwood were dinkum today they would've won by 20 goals, they were just going through the motions, and our persistence in playing crab football played into their hands. Just as it has on that many occasions this year against varied opponents it's beyond a joke.

Apparently this is the only way to play now.
We don't have the skills to play perfect possession footy.
We allowed Norwood to have extra numbers back and when we do bust our gut to win the ball and go forward its one on four.
Johnston and Grigg never manned up.....Laird mentioned accountability before the game,where was it??

When you slowly crab,crab,crab f**king sideways most sides are smart enough to drift across and get enough numbers to prevent an open option further upfield whilst placing the spare couple of players in counter attacking positions. When we inevitably turn it over they use those players to run the ball through the middle or transition quickly to the other side of the ground where we ain't because we're bunched like blow flies on a turd on one side of the ground.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:43 am

I know its crap and the reason why I don't go every week,it's boring.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby Grenville » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 pm

TDJ44 wrote:I know its crap and the reason why I don't go every week,it's boring.

It shits me to tears but I'll be there against the Eagles. I refuse to attend where the AFL sides are involved.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby GMcG » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Groucho wrote:Thank goodness there's only 2 weeks left can't wait for this to be over.

jesus your dribble shits me!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Groucho » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:09 am

Do you honestly expect us to win either of our last 2 games? And won't you be glad when the season is over?
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby scott » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Groucho wrote:Champion Data telling lies again. They show free kicks 28 - 17 in favour of Central. Shows frees don't matter that much as we still lost by 7 goals.

What lies are being told?

Out of interest.
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:43 pm

scott wrote:
Groucho wrote:Champion Data telling lies again. They show free kicks 28 - 17 in favour of Central. Shows frees don't matter that much as we still lost by 7 goals.

Out of interest.

A number of supporters may just be unsure of when a free kick is actually counted as a free kick on official statistics,
e.g. last touch disposal counts as a free kick to the opposition, whilst playing on to advantage after a free is given doesn't count as a free.

Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby scott » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
scott wrote:

Out of interest.

A number of supporters may just be unsure of when a free kick is actually counted as a free kick on official statistics,
e.g. last touch disposal counts as a free kick to the opposition, whilst playing on to advantage after a free is given doesn't count as a free.

Cheers

Ah ok. I thought Groucho was indicating Centrals should have won because they had more frees, or that the stats were wildly wrong and Norwood had more frees or something. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Just for the record, when a player takes the advantage, free kick stats are still awarded to the specific players involved in the infringement so they'll still show on the stats.
scott
Veteran

Postby Groucho » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm

I was saying that it didn't seem to me we had so many more frees than Norwoiod especially considering the margin and the way we lost. It just shows you don't necessarily win if you get more frees than the opposition.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby scott » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Groucho wrote:I was saying that it didn't seem to me we had so many more frees than Norwoiod especially considering the margin and the way we lost. It just shows you don't necessarily win if you get more frees than the opposition.

Ahh gotcha. You're probably onto something about Centrals seeming like they didn't win that many more frees compared to Norwood. Considering that deliberate out of bounds frees count as stats and were 4-0 the Dogs way, the 'traditional' free kick count would be 24-17.
scott
Veteran

Postby TDJ44 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Groucho wrote:Do you honestly expect us to win either of our last 2 games? And won't you be glad when the season is over?

I think we are a chance against the power reserves.
No chance against the eagles.
Changes need to be made at seasons end ,our playing list has never looked so ordinary.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Postby Grenville » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:45 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
Groucho wrote:Do you honestly expect us to win either of our last 2 games? And won't you be glad when the season is over?

Changes need to be made at seasons end ,our playing list has never looked so ordinary.

Lack of strong, vocal onfield leadership has been hurting us all year as well, it's as quiet as a church mouse out there sometimes.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:24 am

TDJ44 wrote:

You will kill us on Sunday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL