The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Reddeer » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:15 am

stan wrote:
scott wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Just on VFL tv telecast, who pays C7 to broadcast. As the VFL is run by the AFL do they and if yes why do they not pay C7 in Adelaide for the same.

SANFL isn't owned or run by the AFL.
No but the powers that be in the SANFL are human and have ambition. They are pleased to serve the overloads for promise of a position further up the food chain.

The days on league bosses having a deep care for the SANFL comp seemed to have gone.

Particularly when the show is being run by someone like olsen. a afl puppet of doubtful integity
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby VALE PARK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:53 pm

I notice Power reserves reserves had 2 scoring shots in their match against the Roosters reserves today!
VALE PARK
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Groucho » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:42 pm

These AFL people have no sense of humour. I noticed an AFL scout in the grandstand across the aisle from me and said don't look at any of our players we don't want anyone drafted. He just gave me this blank stare, no sense of humour no idea of importance of S.A.N.F.L. to people such as myself.
I think he was St. Kilda so definitely don't want anyone going there.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Groucho wrote:These AFL people have no sense of humour. I noticed an AFL scout in the grandstand across the aisle from me and said don't look at any of our players we don't want anyone drafted. He just gave me this blank stare, no sense of humour no idea of importance of S.A.N.F.L. to people such as myself.

Selfishly I'd rather they go to the Saints than one of the local AFL teams and end up playing against us. Hately will definitely go, McLennan and Darcy Fort are a chance as well. I reckon if Darcy doesn't go Jack Hannath may seek opportunities elsewhere.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Groucho » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Yep agree with you again Grenville. If they must be drafted don't want them drafted by an SA team. I think Nietschke may be a chance as well.
AS i've said before why do we develop these players if they are good then the AFL draft them and take them away. Why do we bother. :twisted:
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Grenville » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Groucho wrote:Yep agree with you again Grenville. If they must be drafted don't want them drafted by an SA team. I think Nietschke may be a chance as well.
AS i've said before why do we develop these players if they are good then the AFL draft them and take them away. Why do we bother. :twisted:

Haven't seen enough of Nietschke to judge one way or the other but the lad had a go today. A solid debut in a woeful team effort.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby Wedgie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:26 pm

VALE PARK wrote:I notice Power reserves reserves had 2 scoring shots in their match against the Roosters reserves today!

They lost by 119 points! :lol:
There is a football god and he's taking the piss out of Port even 11 years later. :lol:
#OneGoalInMindLike1905
FB_IMG_1533992357778.jpg
FB_IMG_1533992357778.jpg (36.59 KiB) Viewed 4067 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Groucho » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 am

I bet we can find a way to lose to them and give them their 1st win for the year. Everyone else beats their league team but we will lose by a big margin.
Groucho
Under 18s

Postby Pseudo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:59 am

Grenville wrote:Selfishly I'd rather they go to the Saints than one of the local AFL teams and end up playing against us.

And therein lies the irony. One of the reasons presented in favour of entering a team in the AFL, back in the day, was that it would slow down the drain of quality players from SA. Now we hope like hell that they leave!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby GMcG » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Grenville wrote:
Groucho wrote:These AFL people have no sense of humour. I noticed an AFL scout in the grandstand across the aisle from me and said don't look at any of our players we don't want anyone drafted. He just gave me this blank stare, no sense of humour no idea of importance of S.A.N.F.L. to people such as myself.

Selfishly I'd rather they go to the Saints than one of the local AFL teams and end up playing against us. Hately will definitely go, McLennan and Darcy Fort are a chance as well. I reckon if Darcy doesn't go Jack Hannath may seek opportunities elsewhere.

Hannath to Sturt.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Grenville » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 pm

GMcG wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Hannath to Sturt.

Wouldn't have thought he would want to play second fiddle to Jack Osborn, he certainly doesn't look to appreciate it with us.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 am

Groucho wrote:Yep agree with you again Grenville. If they must be drafted don't want them drafted by an SA team. I think Nietschke may be a chance as well.

How much do you honestly think you develop them, realistically these kids are probably identified as natural talents at 14-15 play a handful of 16's, a couple years of a mix of 18's, ressies and league then get drafted. The ones that don't get drafted which is a hell of a lot more than do will either stick around and have good SANFL careers or, now this is where your anger should lie, go play in the Country or Ammo's where they train half as much for more pay

I would like to see a ratio of players per club being drafted against those leaving to play in the lower leagues, I reckon only 10 maybe 12 were taken from SA last year, unfortunately for Sturt half were from there but that's expected with success
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:56 am

Kids start their SANFL development at 12
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 am

LMA wrote:

How much do you honestly think you develop them, realistically these kids are probably identified as natural talents at 14-15 play a handful of 16's, a couple years of a mix of 18's, ressies and league then get drafted. The ones that don't get drafted which is a hell of a lot more than do will either stick around and have good SANFL careers or, now this is where your anger should lie, go play in the Country or Ammo's where they train half as much for more pay

I would like to see a ratio of players per club being drafted against those leaving to play in the lower leagues, I reckon only 10 maybe 12 were taken from SA last year, unfortunately for Sturt half were from there but that's expected with success
No way mate. An kid with elite talent stands out like dogs balls at around 10 - 12.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby GMcG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Grenville wrote:
GMcG wrote:
Grenville wrote:

Hannath to Sturt.

Wouldn't have thought he would want to play second fiddle to Jack Osborn, he certainly doesn't look to appreciate it with us.

Osborn to retire.
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Grenville » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Selfishly I'd rather they go to the Saints than one of the local AFL teams and end up playing against us. Hately will definitely go, McLennan and Darcy Fort are a chance as well. I reckon if Darcy doesn't go Jack Hannath may seek opportunities elsewhere.[/quote]
Hannath to Sturt.[/quote]

Wouldn't have thought he would want to play second fiddle to Jack Osborn, he certainly doesn't look to appreciate it with us.[/quote]
Osborn to retire.[/quote]

Surprised to hear that, he stitched Jack up at Unley a couple of weeks ago. Thought he'd have a bit more league footy in him.
Grenville
Veteran

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:Kids start their SANFL development at 12

Pie and Pasty night still going is it?
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:05 pm

stan wrote:
LMA wrote:

No way mate. An kid with elite talent stands out like dogs balls at around 10 - 12.

Post fluff on the nuts is the gauge IMO. Played with plenty of kids who absolutely dominated from the ages from 7-14 but once puberty truly kicked in went missing. Also played with a lot of kids who were honest players but once they hit around 14-15 found instant talent overnight so to speak
LMA
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:01 pm

LMA wrote:

If it does I reckon Adam Gourley’s record of a dozen pies would still stand at Ethelton.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby LMA » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:08 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:

If it does I reckon Adam Gourley’s record of a dozen pies would still stand at Ethelton.

:lol: I'll bring that up next time I see him
LMA
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL