Walkerville
2%
Westminster OS
11%

Total votes : 47

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:06 pm

bubba love wrote:Cheers mate, club has come a long way

Out of curiosity, have they fixed the lighting in the visitors change room yet???

:lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Out of curiosity, have they fixed the lighting in the visitors change room yet???

Yeah, they replaced the globe.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Yeah, they replaced the globe.

They take them out for the teams they don’t like though :lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
They take them out for the teams they don’t like though :lol:

I was tossing up whether to add that bit in, well played sir.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby K.Durant » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
K.Durant wrote:Gee you'd be thinking the boys in the Havens B's and C's will owe the A grade boys a few beers for pulling them the home final triple header?!

I would have expected some very tough trips for them to Walkerville and Uni respectively!

Where would Uni C's play their final?

it could have been anywhere,

potentially Uni oval or Park 10 now has a removable/portable scoreboard that we use regularly and I'm sure the club would run a BBQ to appease hungry opposition supporters looking for something to sink their teeth into, it then would have facilities at the same standard if not better to other grounds within the parklands + the deck is in fantastic condition.

I would have loved to have played at walkerville again though - their BBQ was outstanding.
K.Durant
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 pm

K.Durant wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
K.Durant wrote:Gee you'd be thinking the boys in the Havens B's and C's will owe the A grade boys a few beers for pulling them the home final triple header?!

I would have expected some very tough trips for them to Walkerville and Uni respectively!

potentially Uni oval or Park 10 now has a removable/portable scoreboard that we use regularly and I'm sure the club would run a BBQ to appease hungry opposition supporters looking for something to sink their teeth into, it then would have facilities at the same standard if not better to other grounds within the parklands + the deck is in fantastic condition.

I would have loved to have played at walkerville again though - their BBQ was outstanding.

Except public amenities? ;) or has that now been rectified too
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby K.Durant » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
K.Durant wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Except public amenities? ;) or has that now been rectified too

Same as previous, however not dissimilar to any other oval in the parklands.

I dont recall CBCOC having public facilities outside of their change rooms last year, I didnt have to use the facilities at Blackfrairs so cant comment there.
K.Durant
Mini-League

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:36 pm

K.Durant wrote:
Same as previous, however not dissimilar to any other oval in the parklands.

I dont recall CBCOC having public facilities outside of their change rooms last year, I didnt have to use the facilities at Blackfrairs so cant comment there.

Blackfriars have public toilets around the back of the building.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Adelaide Lutheran have womens toilets in their clubroom, Pulteney have womens in the playground building, CBC has womens toilets, PAOC has a separate toilets than the change rooms.

Park 10 does not. it only offers toilets in the changerooms, meaning children and women can't go to the loo without having to negotiate blokes using the piss trough in front of the loo and then possibly a heap of naked blokes on the way out.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 am

There are public toilets within 130m of the oval at park 10.
Yup, not right next to the ground, but it's hardly a 4km hike through snow with no shoes on, up hill both ways.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 am

Trader wrote:There are public toilets within 130m of the oval at park 10.
Yup, not right next to the ground, but it's hardly a 4km hike through snow with no shoes on, up hill both ways.

it is when you have kids that never tell you they need to go to the loo until they're about to literally shit themselves

Footy Chick

Postby K.Durant » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Trader wrote:There are public toilets within 130m of the oval at park 10.

it is when you have kids that never tell you they need to go to the loo until they're about to literally shit themselves

That probably more of an example of poor parenting of a child that should still be diapers,

If it concerns you so much I'd recommend that you write to the council whom provides facilities to all clubs that use the Parklands and request the installation of toilets at 100m intervals throughout the Parklands so that such extreme emergencies can be mitigated. I doubt that they have people searching through the Amateur league footy forums seeking such feedback.
K.Durant
Mini-League

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm

It doesn't concern me at all - and i (nor anyone else I'd imagine) is going to write to the ACC to fix your problem ;)

I merely said that without sufficient amenities, that your club can't host a final at Park 10.

No need to get bitey at me, I don't make the rules :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby zedman » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:It doesn't concern me at all - and i (nor anyone else I'd imagine) is going to write to the ACC to fix your problem ;)

I merely said that without sufficient amenities, that your club can't host a final at Park 10.

No need to get bitey at me, I don't make the rules :lol:
Attachments
e9eddfc85a3ba8c591d095f28fd27de5_400x400.jpeg
e9eddfc85a3ba8c591d095f28fd27de5_400x400.jpeg (17.85 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby big-whopper » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Who is everyone's tip to make the GF & tips for the medal?
big-whopper
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Slots It Through » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Rowe or Giles for the medal.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 pm

When is medal count?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby big-whopper » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:19 pm

Good win by flinders today, will be confident coming up against scotch having beaten them a few weeks back. Surprised to see havens get the win without rowe and shaw
big-whopper
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Big Red Nose » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:09 am

very windy conditions yesterday at North Haven and the home ground advantage was definitely a factor but toughness was the key. Havens looked good and Scotch were relentless but couldn't put the score on the board. Scotch will take care of Flinders easily even though their coach is a spud
The redder it grows the more he knows
Big Red Nose
Mini-League

Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:54 am

First week of finals already, this season has absolutely flown by and it was another good day for us as a club. We've been lucky to have more good days than bad days over the past couple of years, 3 wins from the 3 grades has almost become an expectation. Very fortunate to get the three home finals and we made the most of it. Unfortunately for the D's they got rolled by ROCS making it 3/4 for us on the day.

The C grade showed some real character after being down at three quarter time and looking at of it to come home strong and just run over Uni in extra time. The B's played some real good pressure, team footy and hold firm in the last quarter to knock off Walkies. The A grade while low scoring was a tough and fast paced game. Sotch challenged our boys in the last quarter but they stood firm and were able to finish strong as their class shone through.

If the fixture stays the same, out to Seaton this week in what will not be an easy task by any means. The C's will be fortunate to be playing Flinders at Seaton and not at Flinders (having been unbeaten at home and only having the one loss to us in round 8) for a spot in the GF. I've been realistic about we're where at in the B's, well behind the top 3 and we need absolutely everything right to knock off Scotch.

As for the A grade it's crazy to think we are just one win away from another GF and promotion into Div 2, the boys have had a great season thus far. Seaton at home is one hell of a challenge though, clearly the best team in the div this season and a completely different proposition on their home deck which they obviously play so well. I'm sure they'll be looking to make amends for previous season's finals results and this year has looked to be their best chance of getting to the big one. Hopefully we can ruin the party. Should be a cracking game.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10296 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League