Salisbury
1%
SMOSH West Lakes
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:58 am

Jacks wrote:
whufc wrote:Eastern Park short priced favs to win this week.

Absolute no chance they lose on their home deck, on the final day of the season and with avoiding relegation up for grabs.

$1.01 favs!!

Up to you SMOSH.

How'd that go? My heart bleeds. 2 less waterbag trips. Maybe bleeds red & blue can send me some chips with my salt! Gotta love this league!

Swings and round abouts.

Pooraka played very well by all reports, congrats to them.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:16 am

When was the last time Eastern Park were in div 5? 1998?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Old_mate21 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 am

Knob stark makes more predictions than Nostradamus and gets less right. In saying that Edwardstown were far too good for us yesterday, we look forward to playing them again this week. Going to be a great finals series and all the sides in it can win it IMO.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:01 am

Robb_Stark wrote:Pooraka had Brad Mercer out and Dale Armstrong out best 2 players plus playing at E.P was gonna be hard. But team dug deep and sent a club packing to div 5

Shrek little salty his man crush got relegated and kilburn out first week of finals

Oh the dodgy greyhound trainer is posting again. I’ve been told Pooraka want to send ya back to Houghton but they won’t have you
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby beef » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:19 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:When was the last time Eastern Park were in div 5? 1998?

2002 since Salisbury were in div 5, so been a while for both teams.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Eastern Park relegated has made my day! Also even if it wasn't for the deduction of points ep still wouldn't of played finals, that's funny in its self.
I believe the winner of chics v townies will win flag, pooraka are shit and glenunga are just arrogant wankers that belong in div 7, I believe chics or townies vs gepps in gf
GOAT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:02 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Pooraka had Brad Mercer out and Dale Armstrong out best 2 players plus playing at E.P was gonna be hard. But team dug deep and sent a club packing to div 5

Shrek little salty his man crush got relegated and kilburn out first week of finals

Oh the dodgy greyhound trainer is posting again. I’ve been told Pooraka want to send ya back to Houghton but they won’t have you
Would love to have Robb playing alongside me in the forward pocket of the Ressies, at least both of us won't be expecting handball assists from each other
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby good bump » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 am

Goat to me gloating bout others misfortune spells a shit character. Kick a man whilst hes down type of bloke
good bump
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm

good bump wrote:Goat to me gloating bout others misfortune spells a shit character. Kick a man whilst hes down type of bloke

I know goat he is a shit bloke
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:14 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
good bump wrote:Goat to me gloating bout others misfortune spells a shit character. Kick a man whilst hes down type of bloke

You're kidding?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

You're kidding?

Is Goat short for Gatt Waezel
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Thanks to all on here for the season, disappointing for us to go down considering we thought our best was very competitive, unfortunately didn't bring it enough. Beaten comprehensively in the middle all year, shows the difference a good ruckman can make. Div 5 for the first time for us since 2002 as beef said.
Glenunga v Gepps GF I'm tipping, open race for the medal, maybe Armstrong at Pooraka.

On a final note, I don't take too much personally in this game (copped my fair share on Saturday from the faithful) but Gepps Cross really need to have good look at some of what comes out of the mouth of their 'supporters' under that verandah. One particular incident of a racial nature towards one of our lads on Saturday as he came off the ground could've ended really badly if it wasn't for early intervention. I'm all for banter and a bit of a laugh but if you're going to get it as wrong as you did, I'd at least look at putting a fence in front of that area, as there will be interaction between players coming off the ground and supporters at some stage that will not end well with some of the verbal tripe that gets thrown out. The Gepps players were great and the on-field leaders of that club I have a lot of respect for, unfortunately can't say the same for the boundary riders.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 am

Pag wrote:Thanks to all on here for the season, disappointing for us to go down considering we thought our best was very competitive, unfortunately didn't bring it enough. Beaten comprehensively in the middle all year, shows the difference a good ruckman can make. Div 5 for the first time for us since 2002 as beef said.
Glenunga v Gepps GF I'm tipping, open race for the medal, maybe Armstrong at Pooraka.

On a final note, I don't take too much personally in this game (copped my fair share on Saturday from the faithful) but Gepps Cross really need to have good look at some of what comes out of the mouth of their 'supporters' under that verandah. One particular incident of a racial nature towards one of our lads on Saturday as he came off the ground could've ended really badly if it wasn't for early intervention. I'm all for banter and a bit of a laugh but if you're going to get it as wrong as you did, I'd at least look at putting a fence in front of that area, as there will be interaction between players coming off the ground and supporters at some stage that will not end well with some of the verbal tripe that gets thrown out. The Gepps players were great and the on-field leaders of that club I have a lot of respect for, unfortunately can't say the same for the boundary riders.

Agree with you Pag....been to a handful of games at Gepps this year as my parents live down that way and safe to say the shit and garbage that comes out of some of the idiots under the verandah. I was inside having a quiet punt when it started on the weekend but when I found our who started it....I was surprised. Like I said after only going there a few times, but safely have made my assumption that the bloke is an absolute flog! Good luck next year after hope to see you guys back in div 4 soon.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby EB53 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Pag wrote:Thanks to all on here for the season, disappointing for us to go down considering we thought our best was very competitive, unfortunately didn't bring it enough. Beaten comprehensively in the middle all year, shows the difference a good ruckman can make. Div 5 for the first time for us since 2002 as beef said.

Pag I thought you had a bit more intelligence than what you have just written! Third and fourth hand info just doesn't cut it mate!

There was NO racial slur made, a comment was made on how much a Salisbury player looked like Leon Davis and it was that which made the player come into the area where he should never have come. The lad wanted to play the racial game but it was a glib but honest comment and he was at fault by coming back into the front of the group then bleating "don't touch me"! It was also a nice gesture of him to tip the Salisbury trainer on his back in his volatile tantrum!
When your backyard is perfect, then maybe come back but get the facts firstly because you are a fair way off the mark!
BTW, he does look like Leon Davis and that's not being racial but observant!

Not sure Salisbury can throw too many stones either but to each his own.
EB53
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Pag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:36 pm

EB53 wrote:

Pag I thought you had a bit more intelligence than what you have just written! Third and fourth hand info just doesn't cut it mate!

There was NO racial slur made, a comment was made on how much a Salisbury player looked like Leon Davis and it was that which made the player come into the area where he should never have come. The lad wanted to play the racial game but it was a glib but honest comment and he was at fault by coming back into the front of the group then bleating "don't touch me"! It was also a nice gesture of him to tip the Salisbury trainer on his back in his volatile tantrum!
When your backyard is perfect, then maybe come back but get the facts firstly because you are a fair way off the mark!

I've never said anyone's backyard is perfect (including ours). Seems like we will agree to disagree then. I don't think think the Leon Davis call was the only comment made but I'm not going to get into a slanging match about it. If you don't want to take any feedback on board and you think there's no issue from your end then you're welcome to play on I suppose. I will stand by my call though, and at some point something is going to go wrong with the verandah so close to the interchange gates with no barrier whatsoever.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Skip Dimes » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Pooraka vs Gepps in the GF.

Bulls to take it out, and Egel gets the medal for BOG in the granny!
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:39 pm

EB53 wrote:

So the GX supporters who were no doubt being polite and fair to the opposition thought they would just refer to someone as looking like another indegeneous player? What was their purpose in saying it in such a way that the player in question could hear it? Did they just think he'd be interested to know that in their view he looked like Leon Davis?

Then he wanted to play the race card? Not doing a very good job of defending your club. We all know that what comes from that verandah is not encouragement to the opposition. Sounds like Pag is on the mark.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby RunNCarry13 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Pag wrote:
EB53 wrote:

I've never said anyone's backyard is perfect (including ours). Seems like we will agree to disagree then. I don't think think the Leon Davis call was the only comment made but I'm not going to get into a slanging match about it. If you don't want to take any feedback on board and you think there's no issue from your end then you're welcome to play on I suppose. I will stand by my call though, and at some point something is going to go wrong with the verandah so close to the interchange gates with no barrier whatsoever.

I would have to back “pag” here, nothing but shit comes out from that verandah. Even away games the supporters that follow the team are disgraceful with what they come out with. There’s not defence for what the bloke said! Should be dealt with!
RunNCarry13
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby bloods08 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 pm

I was only a few metres from the incident and can categorically say that what EB53 has written is the case. The comment certainly wasn’t of a racist nature but unfortunately the player took it to be the case. As for the issue with supporters under the verandah, I do agree that some of it can go over the top and I am sure the club is taking measures to address that.

Onto the games this week. Geppies looking likely to have a couple of handy ins this week but would want to take Pooraka lightly, while Kilburn would be reeling after losing comfortably last week to Edwardstown. I reckon towns could expect a different Kilburn this week.

Tip
Gepps by 20
Kilburn by 10
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Danky$$ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Gepps by 30
Kilburn by 18