Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:03 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:A couple of friday nights ago the swans were playing... As i was putting my girls to bed i had it on silent and i had it on my phone... Anyways when i got to putting my eldest to bed she asked (i turned it of while i was doing story time with my youngest and put it back on when i was waiting for to fall asleep. So my attention was on the girls) instead of the usual made up story i tell her every night she asked if she could watch the swans game with me. We laid in bed and watched the footy together for 10-15 minutes and she was asking questions and wanting to see her favourite player Buddy Franklin (i may have told her him because he is easy to identify and yes my girls are swans supporter, they have no choice :) )... But it was awesome time and everytime since than and the footy's on we lay in bed and watch who ever is playing until it's time for her to sleep..
But last night was the coolest... No footy on last night but she asked if she could watch some anyways. since it was later than usual i said ok but on a little bit. Got on Youtube and watched the last 3 minutes of the 2012 GF, which is extra special to me as she was born just a month prior to that day... She loved it and was confused when i told her Buddy played for the other team with the ugly jumpers... Real special moment and we talked about going to the footy for the first time together next year when the swans come here and she was really excited.

Nice one mate. You've got a real bond with those little girls.

Miss Boon wasn't all about Dad for several years during her pre-teen / early teen stage, not saying we weren't close but Mrs Boon took her to dance and did the Mum/daughter thing so Dad wasn't the go-to. Over the last 12 months we've spent lots or time one-on-one clocking up hours as she's been learning to drive and we've become very close again over that time. Good times.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:A couple of friday nights ago the swans were playing... As i was putting my girls to bed i had it on silent and i had it on my phone... Anyways when i got to putting my eldest to bed she asked (i turned it of while i was doing story time with my youngest and put it back on when i was waiting for to fall asleep. So my attention was on the girls) instead of the usual made up story i tell her every night she asked if she could watch the swans game with me. We laid in bed and watched the footy together for 10-15 minutes and she was asking questions and wanting to see her favourite player Buddy Franklin (i may have told her him because he is easy to identify and yes my girls are swans supporter, they have no choice :) )... But it was awesome time and everytime since than and the footy's on we lay in bed and watch who ever is playing until it's time for her to sleep..
But last night was the coolest... No footy on last night but she asked if she could watch some anyways. since it was later than usual i said ok but on a little bit. Got on Youtube and watched the last 3 minutes of the 2012 GF, which is extra special to me as she was born just a month prior to that day... She loved it and was confused when i told her Buddy played for the other team with the ugly jumpers... Real special moment and we talked about going to the footy for the first time together next year when the swans come here and she was really excited.

Miss Boon wasn't all about Dad for several years during her pre-teen / early teen stage, not saying we weren't close but Mrs Boon took her to dance and did the Mum/daughter thing so Dad wasn't the go-to. Over the last 12 months we've spent lots or time one-on-one clocking up hours as she's been learning to drive and we've become very close again over that time. Good times.

That's awesome mate. I love the bond the girls and i getting. Yeah the situation sucks, but since the break the girls and i have got so much closer... My eldest especially, she was very much a mummy's girl, but now is turning into a definite daddies girl...
She plays up alot for her mum and is magnificent for me (obviously not perfect). They are my best two mates
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:32 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

That's awesome mate. I love the bond the girls and i getting. Yeah the situation sucks, but since the break the girls and i have got so much closer... My eldest especially, she was very much a mummy's girl, but now is turning into a definite daddies girl...
She plays up alot for her mum and is magnificent for me (obviously not perfect). They are my best two mates
Surely there's a more recent Swans grand final you could have put on though...

[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Surely there's a more recent Swans grand final you could have put on though...

[emoji6]

nope can't think of any...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Oh do you mean the game which will go down in the history of sport as the greatest fix in sport since the 1919 Baseball world series?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Oh do you mean the game which will go down in the history of sport as the greatest fix in sport since the 1919 Baseball world series?

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Mmhhhmmm...Image

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Oh do you mean the game which will go down in the history of sport as the greatest fix in sport since the 1919 Baseball world series?

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:32 pm

My wife was asking my 2 year old about job etc

What does grandad do at work? - drive trucks! (Correct)

What does daddy do at work? - go to the footy!

:)

(I realised after that the only things I really tell him when I leave is I’m going to work or footy so I can see how he would equate the two)

He’s too young to watch footy with me just yet but whenever it’s on I ask him what we say when the footy is on and he yells “go crows!!”
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:46 pm

bennymacca wrote:

(I realised after that the only things I really tell him when I leave is I’m going to work or footy so I can see how he would equate the two)

He’s too young to watch footy with me just yet but whenever it’s on I ask him what we say when the footy is on and he yells “go crows!!”

Has he yelled his first baaaaaaaallllllllll yet?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 1208 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Corona Man » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:58 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Has he yelled his first baaaaaaaallllllllll yet?

Or showed an interest in cross stitch?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Grenville » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:

Oh goody
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm

The weekend, lucky I like footy, went like this -

Friday night
6pm-7.30pm Final U12 training for the year
then straight to Richmond Oval to catch son play in school zone carnival, they win GF and finish an undefeated season, get home 9.30pm

Saturday
Arrive at foot club 7.30am, leave club that night 10.30pm

Sunday
8.15am Arrive at u12 Carnival at Lonsdale, son plays 4 games, lose in quarter finals but they had a great day, oldest son umpires 3 games and then gets asked to umpire a semi final, hang around for that and he did very well - jump straight in car and head to Adelaide Oval, arrive halfway thru 1st quarter.
Get home after a stop on Marion Rd for a Yiros at 8,30pm

So bloody tiring, but will miss this when my boys grow up in a few years time.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:56 pm

I rate this weeks work roster.
Work tonight, Thursday arvo and Sat night.
Hard week! 8)

Its weeks like this one that makes me very glad I recently turned down a full time job offer. I coudn't imagine having to get out of bed before 10am again!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:I rate this weeks work roster.
Hard week! 8)

Its weeks like this one that makes me very glad I recently turned down a full time job offer. I coudn't imagine having to get out of bed before 10am again!

What industry are you in?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:09 pm

HH3 wrote:
Hard week! 8)

Prostitution, I've explained that to you before.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:11 pm

images (10).jpeg
images (10).jpeg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 pm

Wedgie wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Hard week! 8)

Yeah but your prices were quite a lot higher than Im used to.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:16 pm

HH3 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Hard week! 8)

Yeah but your prices were quite a lot higher than Im used to.

Still cheaper than a beer at Adelaide Oval!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Do you offer half head like the beers at Adelaide oval?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion