St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:it's simply doesn't look after the side that deserves to have a little bit of an advantage. Lonsdale are gonna be up and about this Sat and we will have to play at our very best for a chance of redemption.

Deserve to have advantage in B grade footy? :roll: :?

Lonsdale dropped one game in their A grade all year - don't you think as a CLUB they deserve "a little bit of an advantage"?

Where is this "chance of redemption" you speak of coming from?! You blokes haven't dropped a game all year! What are you redeeming? :?

We haven't dropped a game at all in the reserves. I'm just saying we finished top and are playing our first game at a team (who finished lower than us) home ground. Like I said, Im only conversating on how the system is and how it should be. Saying it should be doesn't mean it will be. What I mean by redemption is for a few years ago we had a brilliant chance to bring home the silverware after a almost perfect season only to lose it in the GF. So that still sits pretty raw in some blokes and we will use that as motivation to hopefully be more successful this year.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:it's simply doesn't look after the side that deserves to have a little bit of an advantage. Lonsdale are gonna be up and about this Sat and we will have to play at our very best for a chance of redemption.

Lonsdale dropped one game in their A grade all year - don't you think as a CLUB they deserve "a little bit of an advantage"?

Where is this "chance of redemption" you speak of coming from?! You blokes haven't dropped a game all year! What are you redeeming? :?

We haven't dropped a game at all in the reserves. I'm just saying we finished top and are playing our first game at a team (who finished lower than us) home ground. Like I said, Im only conversating on how the system is and how it should be. Saying it should be doesn't mean it will be. What I mean by redemption is for a few years ago we had a brilliant chance to bring home the silverware after a almost perfect season only to lose it in the GF. So that still sits pretty raw in some blokes and we will use that as motivation to hopefully be more successful this year.

It shouldn't be the way you put it. It should be the way it is now. Some of us who have won wooden spoons this year would give their left nut to play in any final, anywhere, and you're complaining about a D7R final being played at the ground a senior team have earned for their club. Please. Want to have a say in where finals are played? Play A grade.
Last edited by Pag on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Says more and more about Houghton FC, here is a thought, get your A grade up and about!!!

Its D7R for FFS!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Pag wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

It shouldn't be the way you put it. It should be the way it is now. Some of us who have won wooden spoons this year would give their left nut to play in any final, anywhere, and you're complaining about a D7R final being played at the ground a senior team have earned for their club. Please. Want to have a say in where finals are played? Play A grade.

Not complaining just commenting and converating. It was more of a comment on how fortunate it's worked out for Lonsadale's reserve side.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Dutchy wrote:Says more and more about Houghton FC, here is a thought, get your A grade up and about!!!

Its D7R for FFS!

I'm only making a comment on how the finals are planned out. I never said that it needs to change. I only was stating how funny it is of how it all works out.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm

It happens regularly in country comps and SFL in the A grade where finals ovals are all pre-planned/booked.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Dutchy wrote:Says more and more about Houghton FC, here is a thought, get your A grade up and about!!!

Its D7R for FFS!

I think Houghton football club have come along way this season. The A grade didn't win a game last season and the reserves didn't make finals.

To have the A grade be competitive in nearly every game they played in and the reserves make the finals is a lot better than last season.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Pag wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yeah, no complaints from us about location, just stoked to be playing finals. Been in this game long enough to know how it works
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Its D7R for FFS!
Yes, Bombers4eva is our official media account
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Houghtons once strong loyal core are now elderly and cant keep up with agrade pace but theyre once dashing talent is now excelling in the slow ass magoos
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

marbles wrote:Houghtons once strong loyal core are now elderly and cant keep up with agrade pace but theyre once dashing talent is now excelling in the slow ass magoos
Who you calling elderly pal?
Q.
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Houghtons once strong loyal core are now elderly and cant keep up with agrade pace but theyre once dashing talent is now excelling in the slow ass magoos

The Informer - and he'd be right :lol: ;)

*runs*
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Q. wrote:

The houghton bgrade :D an almost equivalent to a henley dgrade :lol:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Not once am I complaining and it is always very fortunate for those that get to play finals. I was just stating on how the locations of where you play your finals at based on where your position on the ladder is, is quite interesting thats all.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm

I think we're fortunate to be playing Lonsdale Oval, the atmosphere will be electric and that's always something to soak in and enjoy. It's a bit shit when you have to play at lifeless old scholar ovals.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

The houghton bgrade :D an almost equivalent to a henley dgrade [emoji38]
The original sandbaggers ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Do Lonsdale's and Houghton's jumpers clash at all?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby The Informer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Were happy for them to change theirs if they think they do.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:Do Lonsdale's and Houghton's jumpers clash at all?
I don't think they do as a player, but a couple of spectators have pointed it out this year
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

The houghton bgrade :D an almost equivalent to a henley dgrade [emoji38]
The original sandbaggers ;)

Version 2.0
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League