Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:24 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:13 years since the 2005 D4 Grand Final. Tigers, stripes

I've still got this on DVD. Have never brought myself to watch it though

Jimmy will pay you for it.

Had it on for the 10 year reunion a few years back. Closer to watching UFC than footy

Things I remember from this game:

Zanks getting knocked out in the first couple of minutes (after being targeted in all three of the previous games we'd played against them that year)

Followed by Bluey having his jaw broken
Followed by Louis - had a nick on his head that hit a vein or capillary or something and couldn't stop his bleeding - had to call ambos to stop it

THen Macca (spent ages looking for his false tooth on the oval)
Then Bill (I think)

Quarter time whilst trying to fix up all these blokes, James gets knocked out and carried off by a couple of spectators. Possibly missing one or two others, I reckon we were only playing with 16 at one point

Reserves umps coming onto the oval in 2nd quarter and pulling snipers straight off the oval

Using every single item in my medical box to stop all the bleeding and Fitzroy coming to the rescue, and almost cleaning them out as well.

Only other thing I remember from the day was running into the back pocket to give Scott a drink with about 5 minutes to go and stealing someones beer for him to drink instead :lol:

THe massive spectator brawl started by Carey after the game ;) F***** Munros.

I remember it being in the news, were they all filthy hits. Surely there is a point where a game gets called off.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Pag wrote:Trinity have every right to be upset. If they lose three players (broken jaw and two concussions) for a knockout final due to thuggish, non-football acts, I'd be pissed too.

There is absolutely no place for it in the game. There is also no place for crappy journalism like Channel 7 have provided, with a #salisbury on their Facebook video. Hate that we get associated with this shit.
Your President or Secretary should let Channel 7 know of your displeasure.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Pag wrote:There is absolutely no place for it in the game. There is also no place for crappy journalism like Channel 7 have provided, with a #salisbury on their Facebook video. Hate that we get associated with this shit.

Amen... Ch7 love sticking the boots in as soon as there is something negative happen in the AdFL - it’s almost petty.. don’t even call it journalism, like this one they just post the video, throw Ch7 logo watermarks all over it and right some crappy paragraph.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Pag wrote:Trinity have every right to be upset. If they lose three players (broken jaw and two concussions) for a knockout final due to thuggish, non-football acts, I'd be pissed too.

There is absolutely no place for it in the game. There is also no place for crappy journalism like Channel 7 have provided, with a #salisbury on their Facebook video. Hate that we get associated with this shit.

Don't worry Pag, I stuck up for ya ;)

But yes, I"d be writing a stern email with the request of a formal apology.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:35 pm

whufc wrote:[

I remember it being in the news, were they all filthy hits. Surely there is a point where a game gets called off.

If either team hit less than 14 players then it would've.

Unfortunately, it just wasn't the done thing back in the day. It was only after the 2006 season that Shadiac introduced the 12 game de-registration rule.

We've come a long way since then.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
whufc wrote:The kneeing incident can almost be defended and if the player had a good record maybe some benefit of the doubt.

The elbow incident on the other hand is an absolute dog act.

Was the kicking in danger footage after the elbow because to me it was the act of a man running scared and waiting for an even up hit.

If it were a single incident in itself you could argue reckless

The fact that he's now fighting 4 or 5 charges you'd argue that none were reckless

Pretty much sums it up. That elbow is Disgraceful. Was there a free or a send off for that hit?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 pm

The League have no choice but to kick Salisbury West out this week. Will not be allowed to play the rest of the finals series.

The club, and particularly their Coach, are just as guilty for allowing this bloke to stay on the field and commit five offences.

Deducting points for next year is no penalty, this Coach will rack off and leave them starting the season on minus points, he won't care if they win this years premiership.

Was he yellow/red carded at all, how did the umps not see one of those incidents and send the sniper off?

I actually felt sorry for Salisbury North this year, as they appeared to being doing everything right and one bloke did something a bit ordinary, the ball was there, split second, and the whole Club pays. Salisbury West officials and Coach should have acted and removed him from field knowing their future was in jeopardy, but winning the game became more important.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:57 pm

THey had points removed from them as part of their punishment from the 2005 DF

They were not allowed to be promoted and started 2006 on -6 (or -4)

Meant nothing - they won an undefeated flag

Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Some of the comments on social media defending this blokes actions would be comical if the actions weren’t so serious.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby LMA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:THey had points removed from them as part of their punishment from the 2005 DF

They were not allowed to be promoted and started 2006 on -6 (or -4)

Meant nothing - they won an undefeated flag

Undeniably cost us a spot in the Grand Final that year with their so called penalty. Kick em out now as they should of then
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:44 pm

Q. wrote:
Inallseriousness wrote:
whufc wrote:The kneeing incident can almost be defended and if the player had a good record maybe some benefit of the doubt.

The elbow incident on the other hand is an absolute dog act.

Was the kicking in danger footage after the elbow because to me it was the act of a man running scared and waiting for an even up hit.

I believe he is sitting on 7 games currently. I think the stomping on the Achilles looks really ordinary, yes the elbow is terrible and the knee had severe consequences BUT who goes around stomping on the back of someone’s ankle? Just poor
Pretty much how and why I had to have an ankle reconstruction a few years ago. Guess what... same club.

Had the displeasure of playing against this club in 05 & 06. Constantly getting punched in the head from their full back in "attempted spoils" takes it toll on you to the point where you think is it really worth playing anymore
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:22 am

Naming him 5th best is not a good look
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:39 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I preface this by saying that there wouldn't be a person here that doesn't know my stance on SW so i'm definitely not another "victim blamer"

But what doesn't sit well with me, is the 15 seconds of fame that the Tossers appear to be happy to have found themselves in.

Instead of being discreet by simply submitting the vids to HQ, they've made no qualms about posting them all over social media and the news interviews that go with them.

They could've waited to make any comment after the hearing. They've not handled this terribly well.

Just my @0.02,

If trinity had won the match do you think they’d would have gone to all this trouble?

Absolutely. Non football actions like the elbow, knee and stamping on a player's ankle have to be reported and some justice for a player who has had his jaw broken in two places. Result doesn't matter this thuggish and weak behavior needs to be stamped out of the game.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Trinity OS

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:51 am

carey wrote:
Views From the US wrote:Some late elbows to the head and a knee to the head caught on camera today. Nervous few days for Salisbury West.

Laughable pure laughable happened literally 10metres in front of we’re I was standing ‘play on’ every day of the week. Any talk of this is pure sour grapes of the highest order.

And I was hoping Trinity win so we play at S/West week.

Just wondering if this incident is still "pure laughable" to you and whether its "pure sour grapes of the highest order" for taking a stand and saying enough is enough against three non football actions all committed by the supposed "captain" of a football club?
Views From the US
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:01 am

ramming23 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:The Bunyip Newspaper posted an article along with the footage from the weekend on FB..

Yeah I just saw it too. Surely they wouldn't get a finals win taken away from them?

Wouldn't be willing to bet on that.

Be an absolute joke if they were disqualified. Take their points, put a 50% loading on it and that's what they start on next year. If it happens to be in Div 5 and they are on -9 then tough titties.

Salisbury North's last offence isn't as bad as these three incidents and look what happened to them. If the league is consistent in their due diligence and process in making a decision, it would be an absolute joke if they were not disqualified.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:08 am

Computer Crashed wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:Just saw the 9 News story, he’s gone, the club is gone.

Agreed.
Benefit of doubt for clumsiness is out the window now that the same player was involved in other instances throughout the day.
Club holds responsibility for him being on the park as well.

That's the real issue, club not making it absolutely clear to their players of their AAA situation here and consequences that could occur if non-football actions are reported.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:11 am

carey wrote:
Jetters wrote:The footage on channel 7 looks sickening.

I don't understand how anyone could see that and think that team should remain in the comp for this year. It's amateur footy, people deserve to go out and play without having an absolute dog of a bloke knee them in the face when they are playing the ball. People have to go to work on Monday...

@carey @ramming23 you and others who attack the reporting team and defend these actions make me sick. Get stuffed.

I haven’t said a thing about Trinity get your facts right dickhead.

These are obviously not the incident I was talking about.

Maybe for later reference don't comment on incidents if you don't know which incidents are being highlighted.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:13 am

ramming23 wrote:
Jetters wrote:The footage on channel 7 looks sickening.

I don't understand how anyone could see that and think that team should remain in the comp for this year. It's amateur footy, people deserve to go out and play without having an absolute dog of a bloke knee them in the face when they are playing the ball. People have to go to work on Monday...

@carey @ramming23 you and others who attack the reporting team and defend these actions make me sick. Get stuffed.

Hey Jetters, let me unzip my pants and give you a dummy to suck on you sook. I retracted my comment about Salisbury West not being booted but I do not retract my comment about Trinity who are a bunch of absolute flogs.

Bunch of absolute flogs for standing up and trying to stop thuggery in games of amateur football? Yeah real good logic champ.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:17 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:Naming him 5th best is not a good look

Just shows that don't get it at all.
Views From the US
Mini-League

Postby Views From the US » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 am

I understand injuries occur from football actions in terms of tackling and bumping, but none of these actions are football actions. Could have easily turned to bump or tackle instead of jumping with a slightly raised, but definitely bent knee into someone's face. The elbow is a dog act, could have easily tackled or bumped again, and it is lucky that wasn't a jaw breaker. Stamping on someone's foot is a dog act as well. Would have thought the club would learn lesson about what happened to Salisbury North and their AAA ban, but it is too little too late unfortunately for them. It is about time someone took a stand against this type of thuggish behavior as it is not a great advertisement for local football particularly when many clubs and their volunteers do a wonderful job each week in making sure things run smoothly.
Views From the US
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League