Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 am

Theyre gone

As if the league will just suspend the individual only as the public all now watching with keen interest

However if there was no such footage and if no vision was available for it to be on the news, would it have just been the knee incident only that would be dealt with.

Nonetheless is he their captain? Nonetheless as if its the first time he's ever been up to this no good, would have to be on crack atm surely :lol:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:55 am

Views From the US wrote:
Absolutely. Non football actions like the elbow, knee and stamping on a player's ankle have to be reported and some justice for a player who has had his jaw broken in two places. Result doesn't matter this thuggish and weak behavior needs to be stamped out of the game.

Result doesn't matter but you want Salisbury West booted so you can gen get the win?

What the lad done is pure stupidity and he has more than likely forfeited his right to ever play the game again, I don't dispute that for a moment, maybe just let the league go through their AAA with the SWFC and let them decide on the outcome.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:16 am

If SW are given the punishment most seem to think are inevitable..
Rosewater advance to GF
TOS v Roy’s as scheduled but becomes prelim
GF moved forward a week earlier and played at Aldi Arena

Wins all round.. and the league gets another GF at Aldi lol, and this forum becomes dead quiet in two weeks.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:41 am

The Bedge wrote:If SW are given the punishment most seem to think are inevitable..
Rosewater advance to GF

Wins all round.. and the league gets another GF at Aldi lol, and this forum becomes dead quiet in two weeks.

Think this might happen.

No way Salisbury West will play again this year, so Rosewater wont play for three weeks before Grand Final.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:42 am

The Bedge wrote:If SW are given the punishment most seem to think are inevitable..
Rosewater advance to GF

Makes good sense to me. League has a duty of care to teams that have to play Salisbury West this week or next - imagine the outcry if another opposition player ended up in hospital after being allowed to play this week!
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 am

On top of all this, I"d also be putting money on Westies not being affiliated in 2019 either
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby carey » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 am

Views From the US wrote:
carey wrote:
Views From the US wrote:Some late elbows to the head and a knee to the head caught on camera today. Nervous few days for Salisbury West.

Laughable pure laughable happened literally 10metres in front of we’re I was standing ‘play on’ every day of the week. Any talk of this is pure sour grapes of the highest order.

And I was hoping Trinity win so we play at S/West week.

Just wondering if this incident is still "pure laughable" to you and whether its "pure sour grapes of the highest order" for taking a stand and saying enough is enough against three non football actions all committed by the supposed "captain" of a football club?

The incident I was talking about certainly wasn’t the ones in the footage that’s for sure. Certainly no place in footy for that.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby ramming23 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:22 am

Views From the US wrote:
ramming23 wrote:
Jetters wrote:The footage on channel 7 looks sickening.

I don't understand how anyone could see that and think that team should remain in the comp for this year. It's amateur footy, people deserve to go out and play without having an absolute dog of a bloke knee them in the face when they are playing the ball. People have to go to work on Monday...

@carey @ramming23 you and others who attack the reporting team and defend these actions make me sick. Get stuffed.

Hey Jetters, let me unzip my pants and give you a dummy to suck on you sook. I retracted my comment about Salisbury West not being booted but I do not retract my comment about Trinity who are a bunch of absolute flogs.

Bunch of absolute flogs for standing up and trying to stop thuggery in games of amateur football? Yeah real good logic champ.

That is where you are wrong. If you took your TOSSER hate off and viewed the games they play against other clubs you will see that they actually provoke players. They aren't trying to stop the thuggery, they are hoping it happens and they have it on footage. Not sure if anyone provoked Jones on the weekend but I can hand on heart tell you that last time I played Trinity they went after individuals in a very unsportsmanlike way.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 am

The knee to the jaw you could argue negligence if there wasn’t all the other incidents to go by. There was no outbreak of a brawl as there would no doubt be if that was viewed as blatantly intentional. No doubt he intended to do it in hindsight.

What was that absolute idiot thinking and what was the club thinking leaving him out there? There are 3 incidents which all had intention to do serious harm.

The club deserves to have the rest of finals and next year off to have a real think about it. The player will never play again. Shithouse!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 am

has the tribunal sat yet?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby ramming23 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 am

Rosewater advance to GF

Or to lift the integrity of the competition where WC lost 3 points for a player swearing and wasn't even directed at an umpire, who the umpires told that particular club if they had have known they were on sanctions they wouldn't have red carded the player. West Croydon technically finished second, didn't throw a punch, didn't threaten or abuse an umpire and lost 3 points.

Semi Final 2
Rosewater vs TOSSERS

Semi Final 1
Fitzroy vs West Croydon
ramming23
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:27 am

I don't think there's a rule for it but the league should really investigate making the coaches personally responsible in circumstances like this.

We've seen the effect of collective responsibility on clubs, I'm thinking individualizing that responsibility to coaches will have similar effects
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 am

ramming23 wrote:
Rosewater advance to GF

Or to lift the integrity of the competition where WC lost 3 points for a player swearing and wasn't even directed at an umpire, who the umpires told that particular club if they had have known they were on sanctions they wouldn't have red carded the player. West Croydon technically finished second, didn't throw a punch, didn't threaten or abuse an umpire and lost 3 points.

Semi Final 2
Rosewater vs TOSSERS

Semi Final 1
Fitzroy vs West Croydon

Surely you're taking the piss?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
ramming23 wrote:
Rosewater advance to GF

Semi Final 2
Rosewater vs TOSSERS

Semi Final 1
Fitzroy vs West Croydon

Agree with LM here. WC lost an elimination final shouldn't play the same team again otherwise they played for nothing.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby ramming23 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
ramming23 wrote:
Rosewater advance to GF

Semi Final 2
Rosewater vs TOSSERS

Semi Final 1
Fitzroy vs West Croydon

Worth a shot. Worst thing that can happen is you say that.
ramming23
Rookie

Postby Arch44 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:38 am

ramming23 wrote:
Views From the US wrote:
ramming23 wrote:

I don't understand how anyone could see that and think that team should remain in the comp for this year. It's amateur footy, people deserve to go out and play without having an absolute dog of a bloke knee them in the face when they are playing the ball. People have to go to work on Monday...

@carey @ramming23 you and others who attack the reporting team and defend these actions make me sick. Get stuffed.

Hey Jetters, let me unzip my pants and give you a dummy to suck on you sook. I retracted my comment about Salisbury West not being booted but I do not retract my comment about Trinity who are a bunch of absolute flogs.

Bunch of absolute flogs for standing up and trying to stop thuggery in games of amateur football? Yeah real good logic champ.

That is where you are wrong. If you took your TOSSER hate off and viewed the games they play against other clubs you will see that they actually provoke players. They aren't trying to stop the thuggery, they are hoping it happens and they have it on footage. Not sure if anyone provoked Jones on the weekend but I can hand on heart tell you that last time I played Trinity they went after individuals in a very unsportsmanlike way.

Agree here and more than 2 clubs have had issues with Trinity's baiting. I reckon the league wouldn't be over impressed either with the footage getting out before they had a chance to do anything.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:46 am

ramming23 wrote:
Views From the US wrote:
ramming23 wrote:

Arch44 wrote:Agree here and more than 2 clubs have had issues with Trinity's baiting. I reckon the league wouldn't be over impressed either with the footage getting out before they had a chance to do anything.

Been reading for a while about TOS baiting opposition players. Why don't clubs have cameras set up at either end of the ground to catch them out.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:55 am

Footy Chick wrote:On top of all this, I"d also be putting money on Westies not being affiliated in 2019 either

haha i see what u did there

meanwhile..

the elimination final has been played and sorted, west croyden dont get a free ticket back in

TOS are winners now of the other final, they progress, due to disqualification, of the winning opposition.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby ramming23 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:08 am

marbles wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:On top of all this, I"d also be putting money on Westies not being affiliated in 2019 either

meanwhile..

the elimination final has been played and sorted, west croyden dont get a free ticket back in

TOS are winners now of the other final, they progress, due to disqualification, of the winning opposition.

In 2013 when Essendon were booted from the finals, Carlton who finished 9th and didn't even deserve to play finals were given a lifeline. If they can do it in the AFL I don't see why it couldn't be done in a Division 6 competition.

Same thing happened to Glenunga in 2016 - didn't make finals off their own accord but were given a lifeline when Rosewater were booted.
ramming23
Rookie

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:13 am

ramming23 wrote:
marbles wrote:

meanwhile..

In 2013 when Essendon were booted from the finals, Carlton who finished 9th and didn't even deserve to play finals were given a lifeline. If they can do it in the AFL I don't see why it couldn't be done in a Division 6 competition.

Same thing happened to Glenunga in 2016 - didn't make finals off their own accord but were given a lifeline when Rosewater were booted.

that was before the finals were played, fitzroy and WC have fought it out decided who is the current 4th best team in the div

West Croyden spent saturday night at presos closing up their season, with sad speeches and thankyous and wished everyone back next year. Theyre out.

else you happy they come back and win the granny are you or get into granny & promoted to div 5 after being eliminated from the elimination final
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League