West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:24 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
whufc wrote:What is Salisbury Wests, finals played vs suspensions record. Taking into account 2005 and now this it is going to be a horrendous figure.

2005 GF had a total of 38 games in suspensions... what the hell happened that day?!

You know Bill Woodfull's famous quote from Bodyline about only side out there trying to play cricket? This was the football equivalent.

Westies thought they were at an MMA bout.

And then following the match their President defended their actions with the words "we play tough hard football not ballet".

If that had happened under the current leadership I tend to suspect they'd still be exiled from the league

Had there been issues with Salisbury West throughout that year Jo or was it just in GF day?

FC tells it better but there were issues throughout the year. GF Day it dialled up to a 12.

The days before AAAs and the league being tidied up really.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
whufc wrote:What is Salisbury Wests, finals played vs suspensions record. Taking into account 2005 and now this it is going to be a horrendous figure.

2005 GF had a total of 38 games in suspensions... what the hell happened that day?!

BBQ ran out of snags.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Where is the Div 6 GF scheduled to be played at?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Yes, Tony Zanker in the first encounter was knocked out and my really bad memory reckons he had a crack in his neck or spine from that snipe and he missed quite some weeks

The second game at home, he was sniped again in the car park pocket, concussed and bleeding, stretchered off

They got him again in the second semi
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby truk teppitt » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Yes, Tony Zanker in the first encounter was knocked out and my really bad memory reckons he had a crack in his neck or spine from that snipe and he missed quite some weeks

The second game at home, he was sniped again in the car park pocket, concussed and bleeding, stretchered off

They got him again in the second semi

Is their anywhere/way to get footage of this game, or other old SAAFL/Amateurs grand finals for that matter? (other than the YouTube site for the last couple years).
truk teppitt
Mini-League

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Not sure how many copies would still be lying around. I'm sure the club would have one but don't know if anyone has ever put it on youtube

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby marbles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:03 pm

Everything was burnt in a shed fire theyll tell ya :roll:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Not sure how many copies would still be lying around. I'm sure the club would have one but don't know if anyone has ever put it on youtube

I had a look on YouTube couldn’t find anything
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Wont lie, i'm intrigued and wouldn't mind watching the '05 GF.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:Wont lie, i'm intrigued and wouldn't mind watching the '05 GF.

X2
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

We'll organise a slide night at my place then :lol:

Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:We'll organise a slide night at my place then [emoji38]
What do we bring ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:15 pm

I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:26 pm

What is Salisbury Wests, finals played vs suspensions record. Taking into account 2005 and now this it is going to be a horrendous figure.[/quote]

2005 GF had a total of 38 games in suspensions... what the hell happened that day?![/quote]

And then following the match their President defended their actions with the words "we play tough hard football not ballet".

Had there been issues with Salisbury West throughout that year Jo or was it just in GF day?[/quote][/quote]

FC tells it better but there

I played Salisbury West that year and we never had any issues with them. Mind u the last game we lost by 30goals so they were a happy team that day!!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:34 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

Footy Chick

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:46 pm

The whole thing apparently is being mentioned on the radio news interstate too, including Brisbane radio.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby easy TIGA » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

Fc, that’s the 2nd crack I’ve seen you have at this individual. The poor bloke has had his jaw
Smashed and probably has several highs and lows with everything going on. Whilst I don’t know the bloke, he is the actual victim here and some
Empathy probably needs to be thrown his way. With the AAA rating, and with their track record, one game is enough to put the side out for the rest of the year. Or, he can have 8 games for the other incidents and this particular incident can be suspended til further investigation.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:05 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Fc, that’s the 2nd crack I’ve seen you have at this individual. The poor bloke has had his jaw
Smashed and probably has several highs and lows with everything going on. Whilst I don’t know the bloke, he is the actual victim here and some
Empathy probably needs to be thrown his way. With the AAA rating, and with their track record, one game is enough to put the side out for the rest of the year. Or, he can have 8 games for the other incidents and this particular incident can be suspended til further investigation.

Totally agree Easy Tiga, any digs at the "victim" here are totally unwarranted, would be doing the same thing probably if in same boat. The Salisbury West player and Club deserve all the negative publicity they are getting!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

odd response from you
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby NPG319 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I agree - this is what you call 'victim shaming' - the police should be involved and a top notch lawyer as well. Roll the player, the coaches and the club.
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League