carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Hurambe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

So footy Chick, are you offering to pay for the victims medical bills, surgery costs, down time from work? If he does not press charges he is out of pocket thousands of dollars. Calling him an attention seeker is disgraceful. He didnt ask to have his face smashed.
Hurambe
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:23 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I see a complaint has been made to police. Chanel 9 coincidentally at the Gawler Police Station ay the same time. Makes it very difficult for Jones to defend himself when the first thing police will be doing is seizing a copy of any notes made at the tribunal. In my view the league should suspend him indefinitely pending the completion of the police investigation and prosecution. Not fair to expect him to incriminate himself at the tribunal.

Good post, you know what you’d make a good lawyer.. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Old_mate21 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:36 pm

Was the knee intentional though? Is everyone on the same page with it? I don't think it would be something that would be easily done running full speed and deliberately trying to get someone like that.
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Hurambe wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

When this morning, on Roo and Ditts, he stated he didn't feel the need to take it any further.

Whilst he's well within his rights to take it further, the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now.

If they suspend the tribunal indefinitely, it means that Salisbury West would be able to take further part in the finals series.

So footy Chick, are you offering to pay for the victims medical bills, surgery costs, down time from work? If he does not press charges he is out of pocket thousands of dollars. Calling him an attention seeker is disgraceful. He didnt ask to have his face smashed.

While I don’t agree with FC’s sentiments, it’s very clear she didn’t say what you are implying.
In fact, FC clearly states the victim is within his rights to press charges.
What FC is calling out is the fact he had camera crews on the spot to meet the thug at the cop shop.

If this was about getting costs back, the victim and TOSser’s wouldn’t have needed to release the footage all over social media in the way in which they have.

While I feel sorry for the lad who’s had his face caved in by this thug, I don’t have sympathy for TOSFC. Their behavior for a number of seasons has been below par, and while this punishment doesn’t fit their crime, there is an element of ‘if you play with fire, you get burnt’.

All the best to the lad with the broken jaw.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Hurambe wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

He can and should press charges, I didn't say he shouldn't - Hey, I know better than anyone here what it's like to see teammates injured at the hands of this club - but why ring the media and say meet me at the police station? Especially after he'd said not 2 hours before on radio that he wouldn't be taking it further.This is my beef, not the fact that he's pressing charges

The clubs JLT insurance is most likely to cover medical costs for the best part (but unfortunately not loss of income) and I hope the club is looking into this so Carl isn't left too much out of pocket
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby NPG319 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 pm

"What FC is calling out is the fact he had camera crews on the spot to meet the thug at the cop shop"
So was it 'coincidental' or did he actually call Ch9 to meet him at the police station?
And if he did call Ch9 to meet him at the police station can you please provide evidence to back it up as fact.
Thank you.
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Old_mate21 wrote:Was the knee intentional though? Is everyone on the same page with it? I don't think it would be something that would be easily done running full speed and deliberately trying to get someone like that.

He actually stutter stepped to time it right. Gutless act and if the victim wants to press charges good on him.

This sort of stuff is just plain dangerous. He could have killed the bloke.
So cop your whack buddy and if the club gets deregistered so be it.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:35 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Fc, that’s the 2nd crack I’ve seen you have at this individual. The poor bloke has had his jaw
Smashed and probably has several highs and lows with everything going on. Whilst I don’t know the bloke, he is the actual victim here and some
Empathy probably needs to be thrown his way. With the AAA rating, and with their track record, one game is enough to put the side out for the rest of the year. Or, he can have 8 games for the other incidents and this particular incident can be suspended til further investigation.

Please people, it's not digs at the victim, I just don't believe he's gone about some things the right way. Can we please get this straight!

Good lord, I wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone :shock:

Anyone who knows me knows that I am definitely not on the side of the offending team here

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby NPG319 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Fc, that’s the 2nd crack I’ve seen you have at this individual. The poor bloke has had his jaw
Smashed and probably has several highs and lows with everything going on. Whilst I don’t know the bloke, he is the actual victim here and some
Empathy probably needs to be thrown his way. With the AAA rating, and with their track record, one game is enough to put the side out for the rest of the year. Or, he can have 8 games for the other incidents and this particular incident can be suspended til further investigation.

Please people, it's not digs at the victim, I just don't believe he's gone about some things the right way. Can we please get this straight!

Good lord, I wouldn't wish what happened to him on anyone :shock:

Anyone who knows me knows that I am definitely not on the side of the offending team here

"the way he's gone about it just proves he's an attention seeker now" This IS a cheap shot at the victim and it IS victim shaming!
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Had a similar issue pop up a few years ago with a player with a broken jaw. They said they weren’t going to make a police complaint but some weeks later did. Punter was glad he took my advice to not utter one word at the tribunal. The matter was listed for trial but dropped on the morning of. The law on what constitutes an assault on a sporting field isn’t actually settled in SA either. In my view you’d actually have to intend to cause an injury and achieve that to be guilty. As old mate said it’s difficult to say the knee was deliberate, so I’d think he’d beat that. The elbow doesn’t seem to have caused injury so can’t see him even getting charged over that.

A police report makes sense though as he’s probably then eligible for victims of crime compo. A lot easier to get that than money off a bloke who might not have any.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Hurambe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Hurambe wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

He can and should press charges, I didn't say he shouldn't - Hey, I know better than anyone here what it's like to see teammates injured at the hands of this club - but why ring the media and say meet me at the police station? Especially after he'd said not 2 hours before on radio that he wouldn't be taking it further.This is my beef, not the fact that he's pressing charges

The clubs JLT insurance is most likely to cover medical costs for the best part (but unfortunately not loss of income) and I hope the club is looking into this so Carl isn't left too much out of pocket

I know Carl, i know him very well. I can tell you right now, he has not once contcted any media. Once the video was released on youtube the media found him. I can also tell you he did not even make first contact with the police, they contacted him. You can let your sources know they are way off the mark. I think you also need to listen to the Roo and Ditz interview again, because you are quoting it quite incorrectly.
Hurambe
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Given the way the league has handled previous incidents and looking to minimise the negative press on the competition, as well as ensuring that the SW bloke received a fair and equitable hearing.. I have no doubt there would’ve been some degree of instruction to TOS to keep some sort of lid on these matters until they’d had a chance to investigate.

Now I’ve seen/heard this incident or interviews or reporting on the matter on the Bunyip newspaper, Channel 7, Channel 9 and Triple M as well as footage of seeing him arrive at the police station to press charges - how the hell would the media know to be there!?

Everyone is in agreement that the actions on the weekend, the individual and the club (SW) should be dealt with swiftly and severely and I’m sure they will be, but honestly you have to question how much TOS are loving this at the moment lapping it up and trying to drive as many stakes into SW as they can., and fuelling the constant media attention, and frankly not handling it too well and I’d bet my bottom dollar acting against the directive of the league.

What are they looking to achieve by keeping this in the spotlight? Poor bloke copped a broken jaw, ok, press charges. The Westies player and club will he dealt with, no need to carry on about it.

*edit* - I see comments that he never contacted media outlets or the police, they contacted him.. just because that’s the case doesn’t mean he needs to meet with the media to do his interviews etc.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 pm

2 issues here, the victim didnt choose to get hit but he did choose to go to the media, i think FC is treating them seperately.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:55 pm

Hurambe wrote:I know Carl, i know him very well. I can tell you right now, he has not once contacted any media. Once the video was released on youtube the media found him. I can also tell you he did not even make first contact with the police, they contacted him. You can let your sources know they are way off the mark. I think you also need to listen to the Roo and Ditz interview again, because you are quoting it quite incorrectly.

Then if that's the case, I'll happily apologise - however, it did say he didn't think it was a road he felt he needed to go down right now because when he said it, I thought he was mad for NOT wanting to go there. My point still remains that he didn't need a media circus when he did do it though and more importantly didnt' need to keep providing comment, This still is and will remain my only critisism.

There was and was never intended anything against Carls injury. That's just horrific :shock:

Footy Chick

Postby The Big Shrek » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:56 pm

Also Bedgy given Ch 9 is the major sponsor of the league I’m pretty sure everyone would be being guided to go through them only.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Hurambe wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

I know Carl, i know him very well. I can tell you right now, he has not once contcted any media. Once the video was released on youtube the media found him. I can also tell you he did not even make first contact with the police, they contacted him. You can let your sources know they are way off the mark. I think you also need to listen to the Roo and Ditz interview again, because you are quoting it quite incorrectly.

Are you Carl?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Hurambe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:08 pm

The Bedge wrote:Given the way the league has handled previous incidents and looking to minimise the negative press on the competition, as well as ensuring that the SW bloke received a fair and equitable hearing.. I have no doubt there would’ve been some degree of instruction to TOS to keep some sort of lid on these matters until they’d had a chance to investigate.

Now I’ve seen/heard this incident or interviews or reporting on the matter on the Bunyip newspaper, Channel 7, Channel 9 and Triple M as well as footage of seeing him arrive at the police station to press charges - how the hell would the media know to be there!?

Everyone is in agreement that the actions on the weekend, the individual and the club (SW) should be dealt with swiftly and severely and I’m sure they will be, but honestly you have to question how much TOS are loving this at the moment lapping it up and trying to drive as many stakes into SW as they can., and fuelling the constant media attention, and frankly not handling it too well and I’d bet my bottom dollar acting against the directive of the league.

What are they looking to achieve by keeping this in the spotlight? Poor bloke copped a broken jaw, ok, press charges. The Westies player and club will he dealt with, no need to carry on about it.

*edit* - I see comments that he never contacted media outlets or the police, they contacted him.. just because that’s the case doesn’t mean he needs to meet with the media to do his interviews etc.

There are alot of people here commenting like they actually have a clue about whats going on. TOS or Carl have not contacted any media, they have not prompted any media to go to a cop shop. You are doing what you do best and speculating and starting rumors. If someone was to treat your face like a kicking bag, doing so much damage you will be eating your dinners out of a straw for 6 weeks, well im pretty sure you would speak to the media to make sure the person who did this to you will be delt with and the issue not swept under the rug.
Hurambe
Mini-League

Postby Hurambe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Hurambe wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Are you Carl?

No mate im not, Carl is a much better bloke then me. He wouldnt be replying to all this slander being said about him
Hurambe
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Hurambe wrote:If someone was to treat your face like a kicking bag, doing so much damage you will be eating your dinners out of a straw for 6 weeks, well im pretty sure you would speak to the media to make sure the person who did this to you will be delt with and the issue not swept under the rug.

Clearly don’t know me very well.

As for me “starting rumours” pfft please, don’t try and turn this on me I’m just commenting on what I see and hear and what I think - you don’t need to agree, don’t expect you to, and I’m not here to try and convince you otherwise.. but I’m certainly not starting any rumours and I’m certainly not the one with my face across every media outlet in the state.

Good night.

Tossers by name, tossers by nature.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League