ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby The_Observant_One » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:48 am

whitepointers wrote:
The_Observant_One wrote:The word around the place is that Port Noarlunga could be in for a tough season with a few Out's. Any comment from whitepointers?

Not sure.
Maybe you can tell me ?

From what I'm aware of Burgess is as good as gone while several others won't be playing at all.

Any In's to report?
The_Observant_One
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 am

Heard yesterday Plympton won't be playing any home games this year and will relocation to a new ground due to the oval getting an drainage upgrade
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby The_Observant_One » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Does anybody have any predictions for the upcoming season? My thoughts for each side in my expected ladder position.

Ramblers - Have to be favoured to go back to back after finally breaking through. A lot hinge's on King's fitness as he is their spearhead and without him their bowling would lack punch.

WYC - My tip for the other grand finalist. A solid side but they will need a big year from Hopkins, maybe he can stop hiding down the order and move up to 3 (where he belongs).

Keswick - It all comes down to how Rusty, McRae and Mackay go.

Plympton - No home games could cost McCann some runs as he wont have a tiny straight boundary every second game. Have heard Middlin might have left which gives them a thin batting line up. Naismith will need to deliver all year long

Cove - The younger kids might start to come good, key older players hanging around to mentor them will help. Lack bowling depth.

ICC - No longer the big fish in section 2. I think they will find the going a bit tougher.

Port Noarlunga - Burgess and Robshaw's departures are huge, Button and Ray should be able to take enough wickets to prevent thrashings but the batting will be a major problem.

Sheidow Park - No Killa, no Sheidow.
The_Observant_One
Mini-League

Postby caleb777 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 pm

The_Observant_One wrote:Does anybody have any predictions for the upcoming season? My thoughts for each side in my expected ladder position.

Ramblers - Have to be favoured to go back to back after finally breaking through. A lot hinge's on King's fitness as he is their spearhead and without him their bowling would lack punch.

WYC - My tip for the other grand finalist. A solid side but they will need a big year from Hopkins, maybe he can stop hiding down the order and move up to 3 (where he belongs).

Plympton - No home games could cost McCann some runs as he wont have a tiny straight boundary every second game. Have heard Middlin might have left which gives them a thin batting line up. Naismith will need to deliver all year long

Cove - The younger kids might start to come good, key older players hanging around to mentor them will help. Lack bowling depth.

ICC - No longer the big fish in section 2. I think they will find the going a bit tougher.

Port Noarlunga - Burgess and Robshaw's departures are huge, Button and Ray should be able to take enough wickets to prevent thrashings but the batting will be a major problem.

Where have Robshaw, Burgess, Killa and Middlin ended up?
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby The_Observant_One » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:53 pm

caleb777 wrote:
The_Observant_One wrote:Does anybody have any predictions for the upcoming season? My thoughts for each side in my expected ladder position.

Robshaw pulled the pin, Burgess to Noarlunga in GSCA, Killa to Southern (about time) and Middlin no idea just heard he wouldn't be at Plympton
The_Observant_One
Mini-League

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:38 pm

The_Observant_One wrote:
caleb777 wrote:

Robshaw pulled the pin, Burgess to Noarlunga in GSCA, Killa to Southern (about time) and Middlin no idea just heard he wouldn't be at Plympton

I reckon he'll end up staying
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Heard on the weekend plympton will be playing on turf this year at flinders uni
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:46 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Heard on the weekend plympton will be playing on turf this year at flinders uni

Is there an oval running the wrong way there too?

:D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby someguy1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Flinders uni is surprising seeing they are down to 2 ovals (maybe even 1) with the roadworks. Wouldn't think there would be anything available.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Heard on the weekend plympton will be playing on turf this year at flinders uni

Is there an oval running the wrong way there too?

:D

what are you talking about plympton runs the right way and all the other clubs run the wrong way...

I am just happy we are close to emergency at the hospital so when i play i won't have far to go
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Moe » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Are any clubs are struggling in junior grades for numbers from under 10's through to 16's?

I have no intentions to poach junior players, but if kids are missing out on club cricket in any grade, we will welcome them, even for 1 season.

Some clubs have a lot of juniors, some have none. Morphy Parks are in the middle.

I just want kids playing cricket.

Ring our Junior Coordinator Roachie on 0448680231.

He's a great bloke :D
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Keefy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Moe wrote:Are any clubs are struggling in junior grades for numbers from under 10's through to 16's?

I have no intentions to poach junior players, but if kids are missing out on club cricket in any grade, we will welcome them, even for 1 season.

Some clubs have a lot of juniors, some have none. Morphy Parks are in the middle.

Under 10s are 7 a side and Under 12s are 9 a side, so that makes the search for kids in those teams a bit easier

14s and 16s are full teams.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Keefy wrote:
Moe wrote:Are any clubs are struggling in junior grades for numbers from under 10's through to 16's?

Under 10s are 7 a side and Under 12s are 9 a side, so that makes the search for kids in those teams a bit easier

Yep, what a load of snot.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Keefy wrote:

Send your Thanks to Cricket Australia, 60 Jolimont St East Melbourne 3002!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:39 pm

heater31 wrote:Send your Thanks to Cricket Australia, 60 Jolimont St East Melbourne 3002!

I'm just glad my kids are no longer in that age group, a real negative move IMO.

As a 9 year old I had to ride my pushie or walk for 45 minutes with my cricket bag over the shoulder to train with the under 14's hoping to get a game, I finally got one with two rounds to go, now every kid gets a bat, bowl and a hug.

Now they play on half a pitch with a plastic ball??
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whitepointers » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:Send your Thanks to Cricket Australia, 60 Jolimont St East Melbourne 3002!

I'm just glad my kids are no longer in that age group, a real negative move IMO.

As a 9 year old I had to ride my pushie or walk for 45 minutes with my cricket bag over the shoulder to train with the under 14's hoping to get a game, I finally got one with two rounds to go, now every kid gets a bat, bowl and a hug.

Now they play on half a pitch with a plastic ball??

90% of the parents and kids don't like it either.
The plastic ball with the high seam has gone from most associations after one season.
One of the problems last season was you had a kid who could bowl very well and fast from a full pitch but the coach who plays for sheep stations would let him/her bowl from the 3/4 length.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:28 am

whitepointers wrote:90% of the parents and kids don't like it either.
The plastic ball with the high seam has gone from most associations after one season.
One of the problems last season was you had a kid who could bowl very well and fast from a full pitch but the coach who plays for sheep stations would let him/her bowl from the 3/4 length.

Should be separate comps for those that are advanced and those just starting out, it stunts the better players development but parents want their kids to still play in it so they star.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

In the Barossa we have 3 levels of Under 12's all are 9 a side and range from beginner (milo cricketers) to advanced (as close to real cricket as possible) I was also apprehensive about the shortened pitch when I first saw it but now really like it as I have seen a big shift in quality of cricket played. No longer are all the runs scored over mid wicket and square leg, you now actually see some drives and it gives the spinners an opportunity to land the ball closer to the batsmen without having to get it up into the clouds to make the distance. The only thing I am interested in over the coming years is the struggle some clubs may run into transitioning from 9 a side in the 12's to full 11 in the 14's.

And we got great reviews from our juniors and parents on the changes implemented but I guess everyone's different
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:39 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:In the Barossa we have 3 levels of Under 12's all are 9 a side and range from beginner (milo cricketers) to advanced (as close to real cricket as possible) I was also apprehensive about the shortened pitch when I first saw it but now really like it as I have seen a big shift in quality of cricket played. No longer are all the runs scored over mid wicket and square leg, you now actually see some drives and it gives the spinners an opportunity to land the ball closer to the batsmen without having to get it up into the clouds to make the distance. The only thing I am interested in over the coming years is the struggle some clubs may run into transitioning from 9 a side in the 12's to full 11 in the 14's.

And we got great reviews from our juniors and parents on the changes implemented but I guess everyone's different

Summed up perfectly there, great idea.

I was always keen to whack the kids hat a quarter of the way down the pitch so he could bowl from there in the younger age groups, most other coaches who weren't playing for sheep stations were the same.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Burras » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Keefy wrote:

Yep watching kids not being able to bowl the full distance was far more entertaining.... :roll:
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps