3%
Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby carey » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:A tiger can't change it's stripes. It'd incredible if they let SW back in the comp next year.

I forgot they’re playing at the Club Saturday night.

I feel for the blokes that do the right thing.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:29 pm

carey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
LMA wrote:Not ideal for Rosies no game for 3weeks leading into a GF. Maybe they could play a trial against Salisbury Northwest

That was actually Paralowie’s former name

Not quite.

Northwest sports club

We used to play juniors against Salisbury North West, they played out of the primary school, I’ve got a few years on you lol
I reckon it was up until under 10’s, 1984.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

The leagues stance on this crap is fantastic. I have spoken to many people new to the league in recent years and they are glowing of the spirit the league is played in and the lack of dirty tactics shown by the opposition. This includes all divisions. It’s far better for players and families.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:36 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:The leagues stance on this crap is fantastic. I have spoken to many people new to the league in recent years and they are glowing of the spirit the league is played in and the lack of dirty tactics shown by the opposition. This includes all divisions. It’s far better for players and families.

Played my first senior game in 2008 and continue to play (in the most generous sense of the word play).

In some manners it barely resembles my first season in the sense of the complete lack of ****.

This year Our C Grade coach got 2 weeks for a hard, but not malicious sling tackle. When I started clubs were pot shotting blokes 100 m behind play for fun and you wouldn't get a free let alone a report

I wouldn't put it down as coincidence that the worst clubs I encountered for this were Winfield, Ovingham, North Pines and Salisbury West. A theme might be at play
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:18 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby S Demon » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Image

SNFC even get a mention! Bloody cut and paste! ;)
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Courtney Fish » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:43 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:The leagues stance on this crap is fantastic. I have spoken to many people new to the league in recent years and they are glowing of the spirit the league is played in and the lack of dirty tactics shown by the opposition. This includes all divisions. It’s far better for players and families.

I've seen more dirty stuff this year than I can remember seeing in the SFL for years. Some just get away with it. It's good that the Tribunal is tougher here though and the league is taking out the trash.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:03 am

All this talk of how bad it used to be is a bit over the top. I’ve never felt unsafe (apart from walking under the balcony at Payneham).
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 366 times

Postby Groover » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:35 am

The league could learn from this.
27 game suspension given out yet not one report from the umpires on game day at the time and no cards given.
Just proves that without footage these incident/s could have been missed.
Makes you wonder what else has been missed over the years.
IMO the league should invest heavily in recording of games as luckily for them in this case justice was served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby NPG319 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:12 am

Groover wrote:The league could learn from this.
27 game suspension given out yet not one report from the umpires on game day at the time and no cards given.
IMO the league should invest heavily in recording of games as luckily for them in this case justice was served.

Worthwhile all clubs videoing games - to help against similar incidents as above or just using the footage to help teams improve/fine tune skills and set plays etc.

Umpiring standard can be a mixed bag - most are consistent enough in their own way but there are some that struggle. One old whistle blower this year had a shocker and as he walked past me after the final siren he had quite a confused look in his eyes - for want of a better term, it looked like he was having a 'seniors moment'.
Is there a chance in the game above that the umps may have been intimidated - hence the lack of a booking?
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:34 am

Guess now we can get back to talking footy.. :)

Trinity OS and Fitzroy a win away from a Grand Final berth, and promotion to D5, joining Rosewater who have had a short stay in the slums of 6.

Roys seem the biggest surprise, doubt many would've had them top 3 start of the year, but Trinity OS have performed around the mark, especially after being so competitive last year.

As good as it would be for Fitzroy to win given they've struggled for success for a number of years, I feel like Trinity OS are better equipped/positioned for the step up to D5 - they have better depth across the club and play a more consistent style of footy. Also Roys have turned over a large number of players in recent years and lack stability with their playing group - there is no guarantee their current crop would stick around next year, where as TOS have had most the same blokes for ever it seems and could entice some former players back from the Barossa.

Should be a cracking game Saturday, almost worth the day trip out to Evanston Gardens to enjoy the action while sipping cold beers in the magnificent new pavilion.. almost.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:59 am

The Bedge wrote:Guess now we can get back to talking footy.. :)

Trinity OS and Fitzroy a win away from a Grand Final berth, and promotion to D5, joining Rosewater who have had a short stay in the slums of 6.

Roys seem the biggest surprise, doubt many would've had them top 3 start of the year, but Trinity OS have performed around the mark, especially after being so competitive last year.

As good as it would be for Fitzroy to win given they've struggled for success for a number of years, I feel like Trinity OS are better equipped/positioned for the step up to D5 - they have better depth across the club and play a more consistent style of footy. Also Roys have turned over a large number of players in recent years and lack stability with their playing group - there is no guarantee their current crop would stick around next year, where as TOS have had most the same blokes for ever it seems and could entice some former players back from the Barossa.

Should be a cracking game Saturday, almost worth the day trip out to Evanston Gardens to enjoy the action while sipping cold beers in the magnificent new pavilion.. almost.

Not sure if many players from the Barossa would head to TOS. Maybe some guys struggling to play regular Ressies footy but can’t see any A graders going there
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:36 am

Dutchy wrote:Image

How did he get away with stomping ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am

shoe boy wrote:How did he get away with stomping ?

Because there was not much in it. Cant even really tell if he got him, and the Trinity player showed no reaction, didn't even turn his head.

Plus let's be serious, he only needed 5 games for AdFL deregistration and 8 games for National deregistration - he copped 27 games, really it's all academic.. wouldn't have mattered if the league bundled the charges and issued 10 total or 100 total, that outcome remains the same.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:02 am

Out of curiosity, how did the standard of D6 stack up this year compared to previous years?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Danky$$ » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:05 am

Surely the 2 umpires that umpires that SW v trin game have to be questioned with not even giving a yellow card. Suspend them for a week. Umpires this season have been nothing short of hopeless!
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:17 am

The Big Shrek wrote:All this talk of how bad it used to be is a bit over the top. I’ve never felt unsafe (apart from walking under the balcony at Payneham).

I played against Wingfield once and a large gentleman with prominent 1%er tattoos after being tackled started screaming about how he was going to get his gun and sort us out.

This was perturbing enough. He then however started walking towards the car park only for several of his team mates to physically restrain him.

This was all in play.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:30 am

jo172 wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:All this talk of how bad it used to be is a bit over the top. I’ve never felt unsafe (apart from walking under the balcony at Payneham).

I played against Wingfield once and a large gentleman with prominent 1%er tattoos after being tackled started screaming about how he was going to get his gun and sort us out.

This was perturbing enough. He then however started walking towards the car park only for several of his team mates to physically restrain him.

This was all in play.

I had the privilege :shock: to play against the Kaurna Eagles - now they were a disgrace!
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Fricky » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:03 am

NPG319 wrote:
Groover wrote:The league could learn from this.

Worthwhile all clubs videoing games - to help against similar incidents as above or just using the footage to help teams improve/fine tune skills and set plays etc.

Umpiring standard can be a mixed bag - most are consistent enough in their own way but there are some that struggle. One old whistle blower this year had a shocker and as he walked past me after the final siren he had quite a confused look in his eyes - for want of a better term, it looked like he was having a 'seniors moment'.
Is there a chance in the game above that the umps may have been intimidated - hence the lack of a booking?

The league want to tape every game next season. Just need each club to cough up a few grand each to do it.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:09 am

Footy Smart wrote:
jo172 wrote:

This was all in play.

I had the privilege [emoji47] to play against the Kaurna Eagles - now they were a disgrace!

Yes, My brother played against them and a bit of a brawl broke out to which one bloke ran off the ground and said he was getting a machete from his car. The whole side then ran off the ground pretty quickly apparently
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League