3%
Trinity OS
5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 am

Not being involved anymore, how is the league viewed in general?

Clearly this stance is one, the correct one and, two, supported by everyone who isn't involved with the club in question.

Do the league get things more right, like this, than wrong?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 am

Booney wrote:Not being involved anymore, how is the league viewed in general?

Clearly this stance is one, the correct one and, two, supported by everyone who isn't involved with the club in question.

Do the league get things more right, like this, than wrong?

Relative to Gino/MS, would seem to be a far smoother run operation.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:34 am

The Big Shrek wrote:All this talk of how bad it used to be is a bit over the top. I’ve never felt unsafe (apart from walking under the balcony at Payneham).

Although I have a few years on Shrek I'm the same (apart from the Payneham thing), playing seniors in the CDFA/NMFL as a young lad until the mid 90's was tough going and I've copped some nasty injuries, there's been some really tough opposition over the years but nothing to feel unsafe.

The hardest game I remember was against Pulteney at Morgan Oval many moons ago, every player on their team would've been taller than me and built like brick shithouse's, had a real tough battle in the wet against Portland too one day, I copped a barrage of crap all day from a group of supporters while at full back, they weren't shy in buying me beers after the game though back in their club.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:All this talk of how bad it used to be is a bit over the top. I’ve never felt unsafe (apart from walking under the balcony at Payneham).

Although I have a few years on Shrek I'm the same (apart from the Payneham thing), playing seniors in the CDFA/NMFL as a young lad until the mid 90's was tough going and I've copped some nasty injuries, there's been some really tough opposition over the years but nothing to feel unsafe.

The hardest game I remember was against Pulteney at Morgan Oval many moons ago, every player on their team would've been taller than me and built like brick shithouse's, had a real tough battle in the wet against Portland too one day, I copped a barrage of crap all day from a group of supporters while at full back, they weren't shy in buying me beers after the game though back in their club.

Club at Pulteney at Morgan Oval?
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:01 am

Jim05 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I played against Wingfield once and a large gentleman with prominent 1%er tattoos after being tackled started screaming about how he was going to get his gun and sort us out.

This was perturbing enough. He then however started walking towards the car park only for several of his team mates to physically restrain him.

This was all in play.

I had the privilege [emoji47] to play against the Kaurna Eagles - now they were a disgrace!

Yes, My brother played against them and a bit of a brawl broke out to which one bloke ran off the ground and said he was getting a machete from his car. The whole side then ran off the ground pretty quickly apparently

And when they were Glandore and Michael Long was their they went the knuckle in a Grand final, 3 KOs in the first half and i think Long at that time walked away.

We rocked up to their home ground and the gates were locked not a person in site. not even a club rep rocked up to say they weren't coming to play the A grade game.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:04 am

Footy Smart wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I played against Wingfield once and a large gentleman with prominent 1%er tattoos after being tackled started screaming about how he was going to get his gun and sort us out.

This was perturbing enough. He then however started walking towards the car park only for several of his team mates to physically restrain him.

This was all in play.

I had the privilege :shock: to play against the Kaurna Eagles - now they were a disgrace!

Way back when they were the Trans Adelaide Tigers a visit to Regency Oval, now Coopers Brewery, meant you earned every touch of the ball you got.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:13 am

jo172 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Club at Pulteney at Morgan Oval?

Yeah, South Parklands.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:14 am

Footy Smart wrote:
And when they were Glandore and Michael Long was their they went the knuckle in a Grand final, 3 KOs in the first half and i think Long at that time walked away.

We rocked up to their home ground and the gates were locked not a person in site. not even a club rep rocked up to say they weren't coming to play the A grade game.

I recall that year, they were based at Pennington hey? Watched a scary encounter there.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 am

jo172 wrote:If they're ever allowed to re affiliate, which they shouldn't be, they should start on -27 points

Curious, if sides on AAA finish the season on negative points, does that roll over to the next season or get wiped clear and start on zero?

So for instance would Salisbury West start 2019 on (-7) points, or on zero?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 am

The Bedge wrote:
jo172 wrote:If they're ever allowed to re affiliate, which they shouldn't be, they should start on -27 points

Curious, if sides on AAA finish the season on negative points, does that roll over to the next season or get wiped clear and start on zero?

In 2006 (pre AAA days) Salisbury West started on -6 points.

You'd think there would have to be some penalty similar to misbehaving in finals. Otherwise there's less of a risk for belting someone in a GF then in round 1 which would seem to create a perverse incentive system.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Arch44 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am

I played in a trial game at the Levels for Ferryden Park and we were winning by plenty at half time and the opposition came out in the 2nd half with 10 different blokes they plucked from somewhere local that were a little "merry" until a brawl broke out and one of our guys had his teeth kicked back in to his mouth.
We left very quickly and didn't finish the match and was actually quite scary getting out of there. Early 90s I think it was.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:36 am

The Bedge wrote:

can't have points if you're not affiliated.

the negative points was the result of the investigation after the GF, as opposed to a loss of points in accordance with games suspended.

in todays terms they would've started 2006 on -38 points :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:40 am

Footy Chick wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

can't have points if you're not affiliated.

the negative points was the result of the investigation after the GF, as opposed to a loss of points in accordance with games suspended.

in todays terms they would've started 2006 on -38 points :lol:

Just used them as an example.

Ok let me re-phrase then haha.. if a team were bottom of the ladder on 6 points and in Round 17 lost 10 points for striking, and finished the season on (-4), would they start next season on (-4) still, or back with clean slate on even terms with the other teams?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:49 am

doubt it, my guess is that it would only carry over as a result of a GF indiscrepency.

The loss of points in the minor round is enough to ensure the offending club either doesn't make finals or is relegated as a result of their actions.

Rosies didn't carry over - Eastern Parks won't carry over etc...

New year, new slate but at the end of the day, i'd say it would be at the discretion of the board though.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby ramming23 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:19 pm

The Bedge wrote:Out of curiosity, how did the standard of D6 stack up this year compared to previous years?

Standard was much better last year than it has been this year in my opinion. Can't speak for previous years but definitely down a bit this year.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Footy Chick wrote:doubt it, my guess is that it would only carry over as a result of a GF indiscrepency.

The loss of points in the minor round is enough to ensure the offending club either doesn't make finals or is relegated as a result of their actions.

New year, new slate but at the end of the day, i'd say it would be at the discretion of the board though.
We werent in the negative to carry over
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:33 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:doubt it, my guess is that it would only carry over as a result of a GF indiscrepency.

We werent in the negative to carry over

bad examples, because neither were EP :lol:

but hopefully you get the drift

Footy Chick

Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Groover » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Wouldnt it make sense to apply all of SW possible negative points to their current year? If so would luthies avoid the drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Groover wrote:Wouldnt it make sense to apply all of SW possible negative points to their current year? If so would luthies avoid the drop?

No. Contradicts the Salisbury North sanctions.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Groover wrote:Wouldnt it make sense to apply all of SW possible negative points to their current year? If so would luthies avoid the drop?

If they're not granted affiliation for 2019 Luthies have first option to stay up anyway

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League