Port Adelaide 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:27 pm

In fairness if you were a Port Adelaide die hard supporter which is used to their culture and you saw the shit that was dished up for all but 2 of the last 10 years you would want blood.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby JK » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:31 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness if you were a Port Adelaide die hard supporter which is used to their culture and you saw the shit that was dished up for all but 2 of the last 10 years you would want blood.

If you're an old school Port fan, the other thing is that it's harder to make a physical statement these days when things aren't going right. All teams back in the day had that element, but Port were the masters, and the games gone well beyond that.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 pm

Yes it’s hard, but not impossible. Hawthorn did it, Sydney play with consistent intent, Richmond now play hard, aggressive and high intensity footy. Port did it for 2 years but that’s no longer effective. Port are lost and don’t work hard enough.

In more strife than the early settlers.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:02 am

JK wrote:Always been a big Hombsch fan, but doesn't look anywhere near the player he was a few years back

That's because he looks like Watts
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:07 am

The Bedge wrote:
carey wrote:
carey wrote:What a f**king disgrace this once great club has become.

Totally embarrassing

I left at the 19m mark of the 3rd term I’ve never ever done that before.

The reason I post this is I literally can’t believe how full the train station is with port supporters I reckon we’ll lose at 5k members after this disgraceful last 5-6 weeks.

How can you blame them?

Doesn’t surprise me.. most “Port supporters” are dumb, downhill skiers.. don’t have the emotional intellect to comprehend or process things and apparently think just quitting when shit doesnt go to plan is the best answer.

If AFL was a workforce and Port “supporters” were the employees, you’d think they were lazy, loud mouthed, dumb **** and prob sack them ASAP

We'll see what the MUA has to say about that
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:12 am

Did not know Hombsch played tonight, had to check the teams. I rated him too, seems to have fallen in a heap.

Thought Frampton looked okay, needs to work on his kicking during the off-season. Worth persisting with.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1434 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby carey » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:13 am

The Bedge wrote:
carey wrote:

Totally embarrassing

The reason I post this is I literally can’t believe how full the train station is with port supporters I reckon we’ll lose at 5k members after this disgraceful last 5-6 weeks.

How can you blame them?

Doesn’t surprise me.. most “Port supporters” are dumb, downhill skiers.. don’t have the emotional intellect to comprehend or process things and apparently think just quitting when shit doesnt go to plan is the best answer.

If AFL was a workforce and Port “supporters” were the employees, you’d think they were lazy, loud mouthed, dumb **** and prob sack them ASAP

Give me a f**king break with the intelligence shit. I know footy and you know I do, I’m also a paid up member and have been since day dot, I’ve been around footy long enough to know if it looks like shit and smells like shit it’s probably shit and what I seen tonight was disgusting. Hence for the first time ever I left before 3 1/4 time.

Add to this I have a recently broken wrist that was throbbing like f**k in the cold air.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:47 am

carey wrote:Give me a f**king break with the intelligence shit. I know footy and you know I do, I’m also a paid up member and have been since day dot, I’ve been around footy long enough to know if it looks like shit and smells like shit it’s probably shit and what I seen tonight was disgusting. Hence for the first time ever I left before 3 1/4 time.

Add to this I have a recently broken wrist that was throbbing like f**k in the cold air.

Haha wasn’t directed at you goose, but other Port supporters, the absolute nuffies I see on Facebook is embarrassing. No idea and not a brain in their head it seems.. most should he packing boxes at Bedford’s

As for you - everyone knows you won’t jump ship - you’re too dumb not to.. and your broken wrist confirms your dumbness :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 am

carey wrote:

Totally embarrassing

How can you blame them?

Can’t argue!!! :-)
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 am

carey wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
carey wrote:

Totally embarrassing

How can you blame them?

Give me a f**king break with the intelligence shit. I know footy and you know I do, I’m also a paid up member and have been since day dot, I’ve been around footy long enough to know if it looks like shit and smells like shit it’s probably shit and what I seen tonight was disgusting. Hence for the first time ever I left before 3 1/4 time.

#dickinyourass
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mots02 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:05 am

JK wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:In fairness if you were a Port Adelaide die hard supporter which is used to their culture and you saw the shit that was dished up for all but 2 of the last 10 years you would want blood.

If you're an old school Port fan, the other thing is that it's harder to make a physical statement these days when things aren't going right. All teams back in the day had that element, but Port were the masters, and the games gone well beyond that.

This ^^

Was a very effective part of the game plan for many years. Change momentum by starting a fight or roughing someone up.

Port teams always had the skill to back it up and take advantage when momentum turned their way or when the other team was still focusing on the the pay back.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby UK Fan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:10 am

Nothing like a bit of grinners to get the blood pumping in the morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VKp3bkDtP4&app=desktop

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:15 am

The Bedge wrote:
carey wrote:Give me a f**king break with the intelligence shit. I know footy and you know I do, I’m also a paid up member and have been since day dot, I’ve been around footy long enough to know if it looks like shit and smells like shit it’s probably shit and what I seen tonight was disgusting. Hence for the first time ever I left before 3 1/4 time.

Haha wasn’t directed at you goose, but other Port supporters, the absolute nuffies I see on Facebook is embarrassing. No idea and not a brain in their head it seems.. most should he packing boxes at Bedford’s

As for you - everyone knows you won’t jump ship - you’re too dumb not to.. and your broken wrist confirms your dumbness :lol:

Port supporters are turning on each other even on here ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:25 am

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Port supporters are turning on each other even on here ;)

These two love each other, just a lovers tiff

Bad luck on the wrist Carey, footy injury or the honeymoon period over?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 am

Brendan Lade ’quits’ Port to return to Melbourne for ‘family reasons’
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:40 am

Brodlach wrote:Brendan Lade ’quits’ Port to return to Melbourne for ‘family reasons’

Marty Mattner inbound?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby DOC » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:42 am

Brodlach wrote:Brendan Lade ’quits’ Port to return to Melbourne for ‘family reasons’

Will be sought after.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:42 am

JK wrote:

Marty Mattner inbound?

Schofield

Mattner to Adelaide
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:03 am

Brodlach wrote:
JK wrote:

Marty Mattner inbound?

Schofield

Mattner to Adelaide

Dreaming!!! Mattner isn’t an AFC fan

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 am

Wasn’t a Hinkley fan I’m hearing.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL