Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 pm

MW wrote:Do you offer half head like the beers at Adelaide oval?

The four pourer gives too much head!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:Do you offer half head like the beers at Adelaide oval?

The four pourer gives too much head!

is their such a thing???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Sunshine.... cracking day here.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Corona Man wrote:Sunshine.... cracking day here.

Same here, great day out on the golf course
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:35 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Hit them well mate?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Corona Man wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Hit them well mate?
See thread...but yes.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Finally got out to do some gardening, looks great after some sun this week
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:13 am

My 23 year old daughter who already has her own catering business landed a job paying more than mine as the event co-ordinator for an extremely busy hotel.
My 15 year old daughter despite missing 2 of the 4 try-outs because of work was named captain of the North Adelaide Football Club Under 15 Girls team.
Then yesterday as my son's under 13 team were looking down the barrel in their 2nd semi final he set the game alight and got them back in it then they kicked away for a berth in the GF.

A great week to be a dad.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:58 pm

[emoji1037] Australia's New Prime Minister [emoji1037]

Ordained as PM since 24 August 2018

Here’s an excerpt from the maiden speech of Scott John Morrison, the new PM of Australia:*

"Growing up in a Christian home, I made a commitment to my faith at an early age and have been greatly assisted by the pastoral work of many dedicated church leaders, in particular the Reverend Ray Green and pastors Brian Houston and Leigh Coleman. My personal faith in Jesus Christ is not a political agenda. As Lincoln said, our task is not to claim whether God is on our side but to pray earnestly that we are on His.

For me, faith is personal, but the implications are social—as personal and social responsibility are at the heart of the Christian message. In recent times it has become fashionable to negatively stereotype those who profess their Christian faith in public life as ‘extreme’ and to suggest that such faith has no place in the political debate of this country. This presents a significant challenge for those of us, like my colleague, who seek to follow the example of William Wilberforce or Desmond Tutu, to name just two. These leaders stood for the immutable truths and principles of the Christian faith. They transformed their nations and, indeed, the world in the process. More importantly, by following the convictions of their faith, they established and reinforced the principles of our liberal democracy upon which our own nation is built.
Australia is not a secular country—it is a free country. This is a nation where you have the freedom to follow any belief system you choose. Secularism is just one. It has no greater claim than any other on our society. As US Senator Joe Lieberman said, the Constitution guarantees freedom of religion, not from religion. I believe the same is true in this country.
So what values do I derive from my faith? My answer comes from Jeremiah, chapter 9:24:
... I am the Lord who exercises loving-kindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things, declares the Lord.
From my faith I derive the values of loving-kindness, justice and righteousness, to act with compassion and kindness, acknowledging our common humanity and to consider the welfare of others; to fight for a fair go for everyone to fulfil their human potential and to remove whatever unjust obstacles stand in their way, including diminishing their personal responsibility for their own wellbeing; and to do what is right, to respect the rule of law, the sanctity of human life and the moral integrity of marriage and the family. We must recognise an unchanging and absolute standard of what is good and what is evil. Desmond Tutu put it this way:
... we expect Christians ... to be those who stand up for the truth, to stand up for justice, to stand on the side of the poor and the hungry, the homeless and the naked, and when that happens, then Christians will be trustworthy believable witnesses.
These are my principles. My vision for Australia is for a nation that is strong, prosperous and generous: strong in our values and our freedoms, strong in our family and community life, strong in our sense of nationhood and in the institutions that protect and preserve our democracy; prosperous in our enterprise and the careful stewardship of our opportunities, our natural environment and our resources; and, above all, generous in spirit, to share our good fortune with others, both at home and overseas, out of compassion and a desire for justice."

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:06 pm

So what are you saying....
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Brodlach wrote:So what are you saying....

He likes god?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 pm

He prayed to god to stop the boats :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:55 pm

I'm glad to have a Prime Minister who doesn't shirk his faith and actually acts with integrity because of what he believes. On the front foot, well done PM Morrison.

Plus I heard that the deputy is a Jew... means we aren't going to be throwing money away willy nilly...

I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:14 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
Plus I heard that the deputy is a Jew... means we aren't going to be throwing money away willy nilly...

Need to start a savings plan for when Labor win the next election [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:47 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
I'm glad to have a Prime Minister who doesn't shirk his faith and actually acts with integrity because of what he believes. On the front foot, well done PM Morrison.

can you tell me how locking up children in offshore detention centres is a christian act of integrity?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 pm

heater31 wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

Need to start a savings plan for when Labor win the next election [emoji6]
Maybe they should have started before deciding to triple debt
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

can you tell me how locking up children in offshore detention centres is a christian act of integrity?

Because they are Muslim infidels
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:02 am

Q. wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

I don't think I've ever heard a Christian call anyone infidels before... certainly not the way anyone I associate with regards to them as...

Herein lies a major problem though, rather than give any recognition or acknowledgement for what has been said or what is being done, it is far easier to drag up something that we dont agree with in attempt to tar everyones opinions.
#AUSPOL101

And it is rife throughout every class level and every political persuasion you may be, just sling as much mud as you can. It begins with the politicians themselves and we find ourselves doing the same thing.

I generally balk at politics but have found myself being drawn in of late, it does my head in though!

nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Postby Magellan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:05 am

Q. wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
nuggety goodness wrote:

The Crusades, just in another form.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 pm

personally id prefer a leader that was interested in doing the right thing, because its the right thing. not because they will get eternal damnation from their imaginary friend if they dont.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion