16%
Woodville South
5%
Smithfield
7%

Total votes : 85

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:28 pm

C'mon zed, don't sit there and take it.. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:C'mon zed, don't sit there and take it.. ;)

*sigh

congratulations to cail harris and his lads on promotion to div 4..awesome recruiting over the last 2 years has created a super side..

historically, the demons and dolphins dont like each other much but i totally respect what they have been able to do this year, clearly 10+ goals better than the rest of us..beautiful ball movement and speed to match it, just one more box to be ticked..they reminded me of golden grove as they made their way through the lower ranks a decade ago..will easily be top 3 in div 4 if they retain the current group..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:39 pm

hfoxe16 wrote:Not sure how Zedman & supporters will hold up if Lockleys B grade isn't able to win against CBC on Saturday.

C Grade went out 1st week
A Grade went out 2nd week (Straight Sets)
B Grade ?

well obviously we will close the club and never be seen again.. :roll:

losing an elimination final as the 5th team is now straight sets, plural? ok..good to know..

to lose by a goal and then 2 points is agonising of course..but im content we left nothing in the tank..it is what it is..a very difficult division as we knew it would be before it started..whilst others thought we were "faves" early on we certainly didnt believe that internally..we would have rocked up with a shell of a team this week if we had won, copping another 3 serious injuries saturday..

going forward to this weeks game i think pulteney appear a bit fragile and wobbly, got out of jail against us 2 weeks ago..might be cooked after a 23 goal annihilation (is that a record defeat in a semi final?)..they rely on their 4-5 ex sanfl players to dominate a little bit to much, they need to retain them all for 2019 no matter what grade they are in..wsfc have a more even spread, play tough running footy and have a gun sitting in the square..on a roll now and finishing games hard, they should get it done with a recent win over pfc as well..the venue could be a critical factor though..

wsfc by 24 points..
zedman
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:00 pm

zedman wrote:
hfoxe16 wrote:Not sure how Zedman & supporters will hold up if Lockleys B grade isn't able to win against CBC on Saturday.

B Grade ?

l

Should just knock the place down....

Oh wait :lol:

..might be cooked after a 23 goal annihilation (is that a record defeat in a semi final?).
Possibly, Broadies came close about 15 years ago against Gaza (thanks to Valleys07 for reminding me of this today, he can have that stat :lol: )
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Pulteney did something similar to Para Hills in 99 also I reckon.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby hfoxe16 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:40 pm

zedman wrote:

B Grade ?

losing an elimination final as the 5th team is now straight sets, plural? ok..good to know..

to lose by a goal and then 2 points is agonising of course..but im content we left nothing in the tank..it is what it is..a very difficult division as we knew it would be before it started..whilst others thought we were "faves" early on we certainly didnt believe that internally..we would have rocked up with a shell of a team this week if we had won, copping another 3 serious injuries saturday..

going forward to this weeks game i think pulteney appear a bit fragile and wobbly, got out of jail against us 2 weeks ago..might be cooked after a 23 goal annihilation (is that a record defeat in a semi final?)..they rely on their 4-5 ex sanfl players to dominate a little bit to much, they need to retain them all for 2019 no matter what grade they are in..wsfc have a more even spread, play tough running footy and have a gun sitting in the square..on a roll now and finishing games hard, they should get it done with a recent win over pfc as well..the venue could be a critical factor though..

wsfc by 24 points..

Bloody Bedge always creating fires but welcome back the forum.

Who are the 4-5 SANFL Players they rely on? I can only come up with 2 maybe 3 if reserves are counted.
hfoxe16
Rookie

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby zedman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 pm

giddings, langford, polec and tucker all played at least reserves..you should know that foxy..is there another?..i dont know, maybe im wrong? 8)

i spent one day going through cbc's players months ago..might post that info tomorrow..very impressive line up of players out of the sanfl system from u/16s to league..
zedman
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:08 am

zedman wrote:giddings, langford, polec and tucker all played at least reserves..you should know that foxy..is there another?..i dont know, maybe im wrong? 8)

i spent one day going through cbc's players months ago..might post that info tomorrow..very impressive line up of players out of the sanfl system from u/16s to league..

#seasonedcoach
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby zedman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:30 pm

zedman wrote:i spent one day going through cbc's players months ago..might post that info tomorrow..very impressive line up of players out of the sanfl system from u/16s to league..

i have probably undersold or oversold somebody here or missed some more..and a few werent even in the A grade last week..strong list..

League
Raymond, Woods

Reserves
Hegarty, Frederick, Atkinson, D'Angelo, Aplin, Strange

U/19
Harris

U/18
Greenbank, Builder, Rutai

U/16
D'Antonio, Sarunic, Pasiczynskyj
zedman
Coach

Postby Chappy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm

zedman wrote:
zedman wrote:i spent one day going through cbc's players months ago..might post that info tomorrow..very impressive line up of players out of the sanfl system from u/16s to league..

i have probably undersold or oversold somebody here or missed some more..and a few werent even in the A grade last week..strong list..

League
Raymond, Woods

Reserves
Hegarty, Frederick, Atkinson, D'Angelo, Aplin, Strange

U/19
Harris

U/18
Greenbank, Builder, Rutai

U/16
D'Antonio, Sarunic, Pasiczynskyj

Greenbank Is IMO the best player in Div5... Ad there is a fair standard going around this year. Absolute Gun
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Raymond is the best for me closely followed by Greenbank, Martinello and Langford.

Then you could throw a blanket over Mazzone, Langcake, Wilson-King, Brusnahan, Chesser (without injuries probably belongs in that top row with Mazzone) Sumner and a few others.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Matt Raymond only played one SANFL League game. Is gun bloke on and off the field
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby NPG319 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:41 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Raymond is the best for me closely followed by Greenbank, Martinello and Langford.

Then you could throw a blanket over Mazzone, Langcake, Wilson-King, Brusnahan, Chesser (without injuries probably belongs in that top row with Mazzone) Sumner and a few others.

Kooka's have been very lucky with Chesser and his loyalty. Could have easily played in a much higher div.
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:26 pm

There’s loyalty and then there is Nick Chesser. Racks up more touches per game consistently than almost anyone I’ve ever seen in div 4,5 and 6 and is tough as nails. By 24 years of age he’d won 2 premierships and 5 A grade B&F’s. Only reason why he hasn’t won multiple league medals is that we had either been very poor on field or he’s played in very very good teams alongside Blake Moser at his peak- Those 2 just kept taking votes off each other.

Chesser would cause issues in any league in S.A. Absolute gun and an awesome individual off the field when he does talk ;)
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Even better than Mark “Braddles” Bradley in his prime?
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby NPG319 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Even better than Mark “Braddles” Bradley in his prime?

Chesser? Not a chance. On the field or at the bar, Braddles was and is an A grade gun ;-)
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:17 pm

The Mayor of St Marys! Bradles was a bloody good grab and I reckon he kicked the First 10 goal haul of any Kenilworth A Grader on St Marys Park!

One has not lived until they have watched and dissected an SAAFL match with Bradles.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Brodlach wrote:Matt Raymond only played one SANFL League game. Is gun bloke on and off the field

correct, but the league team was pretty strong, won two reserves flags I think..saw him first time at clg and he caught the eye straight away..greenbank is explosive and uses his speed whilst raymond is very smooth and deadly with his disposal..both hard to match up..
zedman
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:38 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

One has not lived until they have watched and dissected an SAAFL match with Bradles.

Made the mistake of doing this when we came out for Grass Roots back in the day.

A 2 minute interview ended up going for about 10+ but it was all gold and couldn't cut any of it :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:38 pm

zedman wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Matt Raymond only played one SANFL League game. Is gun bloke on and off the field

correct, but the league team was pretty strong, won two reserves flags I think..saw him first time at clg and he caught the eye straight away..greenbank is explosive and uses his speed whilst raymond is very smooth and deadly with his disposal..both hard to match up..

Should have played more league, think it was 3 premierships he played in. He thinks Greenbank will win the medal.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League