Riverland Football Chatter

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby old fullback » Sun May 27, 2018 8:40 pm

jack sparow wrote:This is from their Facebook page
Mixed results today with the U13s, U15s, U18s and B grade all recording solid wins over Loxton North. However the story of the day was the A grade unfortunately recording a loss, bringing to an end an incredible 30 game winning streak. Despite dominating the game, Waikerie mistakenly fielded 18 players at the beginning of the 4th quarter when we should have only had 17 due to a yellow card send off late in the 3rd. (New rules introduced by the RFL in 2018 dictate that a player who is yellow carded and therefore sent off for 10 minutes of play, can not be replaced by another player during that 10 minute period.)
Loxton North called a “count” and with an extra player on field, Waikerie’s score of 12.10 was wiped. Despite kicking 3 goals 5 to Loxton Norths 2 points in the last quarter, it wasn’t enough to close the gap, with Waikerie going down by 17 points.

Wow, I bet someone's not a to popular person around the club atm.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby jackpot jim » Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 am

old fullback wrote:
Mixed results today with the U13s, U15s, U18s and B grade all recording solid wins over Loxton North. However the story of the day was the A grade unfortunately recording a loss, bringing to an end an incredible 30 game winning streak. Despite dominating the game, Waikerie mistakenly fielded 18 players at the beginning of the 4th quarter when we should have only had 17 due to a yellow card send off late in the 3rd. (New rules introduced by the RFL in 2018 dictate that a player who is yellow carded and therefore sent off for 10 minutes of play, can not be replaced by another player during that 10 minute period.)
Loxton North called a “count” and with an extra player on field, Waikerie’s score of 12.10 was wiped. Despite kicking 3 goals 5 to Loxton Norths 2 points in the last quarter, it wasn’t enough to close the gap, with Waikerie going down by 17 points.

Wow, I bet someone's not a to popular person around the club atm.

Similar situation but not with the same result occurred in the GSFL on Anzac Day with Strathalbyn having a player sent off on the quarter time siren.
they resumed the 2nd quarter with 18 players on the field. When noticed the Langhorne Creek runner notified the umpires that they wanted a count but umpire refused as they said that only the captain can ask for a count. Strath then cottoned on to what was going on and removed a player b4 the Creek captain was alerted of the situation to instruct the umpires.

Not the way anyone wants to win or lose a game of footy but rules are rules i guess.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 28, 2018 3:57 pm

I've always thought that as the dumbest rule in footy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 28, 2018 4:10 pm

I like it on this occasion ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Executive Member » Mon May 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hence why in the Adelaide Footy League it doesn't exist
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby am Bays » Mon May 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes you do but the score isn't wiped at the time. It's covered by regulation 34. However the league has the power based on the umpires report that has to be submitted by 10:00 am on the following Monday to: determine whether the offending team shall lose all points which it had scored in the match up to the time of the count, and if so determined, The League shall have power to vary the scores of the match and/or impose such other penalty as deemed appropriate by The League

Much the same in other leagues with the scores recorded and at the time of the count the league can on the basis of the ground report reinstate the score that was wiped.

In essence you have the same law/regulation only difference is the offending (19+ players on the field) teams score isn't wiped at the time of the count.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu May 31, 2018 2:09 pm

am Bays wrote:
Executive Member wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes you do but the score isn't wiped at the time. It's covered by regulation 34. However the league has the power based on the umpires report that has to be submitted by 10:00 am on the following Monday to: determine whether the offending team shall lose all points which it had scored in the match up to the time of the count, and if so determined, The League shall have power to vary the scores of the match and/or impose such other penalty as deemed appropriate by The League

Much the same in other leagues with the scores recorded and at the time of the count the league can on the basis of the ground report reinstate the score that was wiped.

In essence you have the same law/regulation only difference is the offending (19+ players on the field) teams score isn't wiped at the time of the count.

I reiterate, hence why the League doesn't have the rule, as you point out it has a variation to the rule, which means that games are not decided by accidentally having an extra player on the field

Should simply be a free kick and a 50 metre penalty as it currently stands, losing a game over it is as out dated as once you come off the ground to the bench you cant go back on
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Did the Panthers sing the club song after their win? :lol: :lol:
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby The Slug » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:43 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Did the Panthers sing the club song after their win? :lol: :lol:

They Did although a few said that they felt uncomfortable doing so. Can`t say I would have. :oops:
The Slug
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Cobby gets up
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:02 am

I've heard Graham 'Charlie' Charlton has passed away.
A great Riverland man. My condolences to the family.
I spent a lot of time talking and working with Charlie during my time in the Riverland. He was devoted to his family, the Riverland and sport. I don't think his contribution to sport up there has been recognised enough. With ever-shrinking media and networked radio further taking over the rural landscape, there may never be another like him.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby David Brent » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:09 am

Waikerie through to another grand final.

Be sad if Renmark go out & in straight sets & the Rover WAG's can't wear the shirts they've already ordered for Grand final day.....
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby FULLY LOADED MAN » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 pm

poor form by a few officials from a club not competing yesterday getting caught jumping the fence at the lakeside

not the first time this year some high profile people from this club have tried to avoid paying the admission fee
FULLY LOADED MAN
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 pm

FULLY LOADED MAN wrote:poor form by a few officials from a club not competing yesterday getting caught jumping the fence at the lakeside

not the first time this year some high profile people from this club have tried to avoid paying the admission fee

I presume it was officials from the same club that had their highly paid players jump the fence at Loxton a few weeks ago?
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:19 am

FULLY LOADED MAN wrote:poor form by a few officials from a club not competing yesterday getting caught jumping the fence at the lakeside

I find that hard to believe. Agree that it was piss weak by the players to do it a few weeks ago at Loxton but I know a few officials down Waikerie way and that's not how they roll.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:25 am

Bum Crack wrote:

I find that hard to believe. Agree that it was piss weak by the players to do it a few weeks ago at Loxton but I know a few officials down Waikerie way and that's not how they roll.

Agree with BC here. Especially when the club sent Loxton $$ to cover those blokes that jumped the fence earlier in the year, I would have thought the club would have drilled home the message to the entire playing group & supporters to not even think about it.
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby jack sparow » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 am

Barmera oval fence would be pretty difficult to jump also, have seen plenty of people walk in under the score board over the years though
jack sparow

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby FULLY LOADED MAN » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:35 am

bertiebeatle wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:

Agree with BC here. Especially when the club sent Loxton $$ to cover those blokes that jumped the fence earlier in the year, I would have thought the club would have drilled home the message to the entire playing group & supporters to not even think about it.

obviously not practicing what they preach. might have to send the rfl a few bucks this time.
FULLY LOADED MAN
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby SuperFrank » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am

Loxton North, Renmark & now BMFC advertising A grade coaching positions.

Renmark does it every season due to their constitution I'm pretty sure.
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby David Brent » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am

SuperFrank wrote:Loxton North, Renmark & now BMFC advertising A grade coaching positions.

Renmark does it every season due to their constitution I'm pretty sure.

Not so sure the Renmark coach is safe, lots of talk regarding lack of tactics etc from a few of the players & supporters all year. If a decent candidate came along I think they would be seriously looking at it.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy