40%
St Pauls OS
4%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 77

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:37 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Geez it was funny. We had a bloody good team that year in both A and B grade, was great fun to be a part of.

Don’t reckon Houghton have ever won at St Marys even with 1-2 finals games going back 12-15 years ago. Definitely haven’t beaten us there. We played a cracker at Houghton in 2010 with Shamus Osborn kicking 7 in the last and won the game of his own boot- He did that a lot in those days!

We've won finals at St Mary's, beat the original St Paul's in a semi final to go onto a prelim against Wingfield.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:39 pm

I stand corrected! Must be feeling off, not normally wrong with this stuff ;)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:59 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I stand corrected! Must be feeling off, not normally wrong with this stuff ;)
I have fond memories of the oval and that day.

Interestingly, the same day our Bs lost to St Paul's, but they played an unregistered player who carved up and were stripped of the win!
Q.
Coach

Postby lion heart » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Great day down at the Den yesterday! A HUGE crowd witnessed a great game in the A grade, the Rams got the jump but the Lions pegged them back and came home strong for a big win! Pure elation after the game with some tears of joy from our long suffering players and supporters. Really hit home what we have been missing out on and the reason why we made the move to the AdFL!

Congrats to the Houghton reserves, they put on a clinic and had too much experience for our boys. Hopefully we can have a strong showing this week in the prelim and get another crack at them. It will be pretty special if we can get both sides through to the GF.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:15 pm

lion heart wrote:Great day down at the Den yesterday! A HUGE crowd witnessed a great game in the A grade, the Rams got the jump but the Lions pegged them back and came home strong for a big win! Pure elation after the game with some tears of joy from our long suffering players and supporters. Really hit home what we have been missing out on and the reason why we made the move to the AdFL!

Congrats to the Houghton reserves, they put on a clinic and had too much experience for our boys. Hopefully we can have a strong showing this week in the prelim and get another crack at them. It will be pretty special if we can get both sides through to the GF.
I left at 3 qtr time, you guys must have opened the game up after a congested 3rd term
Q.
Coach

Postby lion heart » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Q. wrote:
lion heart wrote:Great day down at the Den yesterday! A HUGE crowd witnessed a great game in the A grade, the Rams got the jump but the Lions pegged them back and came home strong for a big win! Pure elation after the game with some tears of joy from our long suffering players and supporters. Really hit home what we have been missing out on and the reason why we made the move to the AdFL!

I left at 3 qtr time, you guys must have opened the game up after a congested 3rd term

Yeah the 3rd was an arm wrestle which we quite enjoy, we had the run of play in the last. We had some pretty nervous boys going into the game, fair bit of pressure on us I think, coming off a loss and a handful of our boys coming off a 3 week break. Credit to the Ram’s for taking it right up to us but I expect a better Lions team in the GF.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby Chappy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:45 am

Must say Well done to OSB/Lonsdale, on making the Granny. Marion gave them a run though. Hopefully a rematch in a fortnight.

OSB/Lonsdale is definitely a very welcoming and friendly club, from people involved in the club to its supporters.. Drinks prices were very good also. very good. :D

* Also saw a chick walking a ferret, that's something I haven't seen at a local footy game.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:27 am

Chappy wrote:Must say Well done to OSB/Lonsdale, on making the Granny. Marion gave them a run though. Hopefully a rematch in a fortnight.

OSB/Lonsdale is definitely a very welcoming and friendly club, from people involved in the club to its supporters.. Drinks prices were very good also. very good. :D

* Also saw a chick walking a ferret, that's something I haven't seen at a local footy game.

Taking the ferret for a run?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:36 am

Well done to my boys on the weekend after playing some really good football and booking ourselves into the GF. Credit due to Lonsdale as they battled all day and never gave up. They have some really good ball movers. So we will see how they go and may see them again in the GF. But it was a really good game by the Raiders. Especially our ball movement and link up. Freddy Taylor and Q were causing headaches up forward and our defense help up well apart from a few minutes in the 3rd where Lonsdale managed to kick a couple before we settled and kicked away.

We know the job is not done until the final siren. But we have worked hard all year and to fall short would be disappointing. So we have 2 weeks of training hard in preparation for the GF. But also the enjoy the feeling of being there too. Carn you Raiders!!!!!!!
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Oldmatebob » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:00 pm

Have a feeling Golden Grove will get up over Lonsdale in the Reserves

Marion to bounce back over St Pauls

Houghton vs Golden Grove
OSB Lonsdale vs Marion

Couple of local derbies for GFs
Oldmatebob
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Junior85 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:38 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Well done to my boys on the weekend after playing some really good football and booking ourselves into the GF. Credit due to Lonsdale as they battled all day and never gave up. They have some really good ball movers. So we will see how they go and may see them again in the GF. But it was a really good game by the Raiders. Especially our ball movement and link up. Freddy Taylor and Q were causing headaches up forward and our defense help up well apart from a few minutes in the 3rd where Lonsdale managed to kick a couple before we settled and kicked away.

We know the job is not done until the final siren. But we have worked hard all year and to fall short would be disappointing. So we have 2 weeks of training hard in preparation for the GF. But also the enjoy the feeling of being there too. Carn you Raiders!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Houghton's Reserves would beat their Seniors.
Can't be sure how many but there was at least one bloke in their Reserves who was playing midfield for their Seniors earlier in the year and was clearly one of their best.. Take nothing away from Houghton, they have a quality Reserves team, but I'd say they knew pretty early that their Seniors wouldn't make finals and made the necessary changes to get there Reserves up months ago.
Junior85
Mini-League

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 am

grabs popcorn.....
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby cossi11 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:47 am

Junior85 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Well done to my boys on the weekend after playing some really good football and booking ourselves into the GF. Credit due to Lonsdale as they battled all day and never gave up. They have some really good ball movers. So we will see how they go and may see them again in the GF. But it was a really good game by the Raiders. Especially our ball movement and link up. Freddy Taylor and Q were causing headaches up forward and our defense help up well apart from a few minutes in the 3rd where Lonsdale managed to kick a couple before we settled and kicked away.

Can't be sure how many but there was at least one bloke in their Reserves who was playing midfield for their Seniors earlier in the year and was clearly one of their best.. Take nothing away from Houghton, they have a quality Reserves team, but I'd say they knew pretty early that their Seniors wouldn't make finals and made the necessary changes to get there Reserves up months ago.

X_X we have been over this so many times...
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:17 am

And the bait has been laid......
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:23 am

Junior85 wrote:

I reckon they'd beat a few A Grade teams. Good mix of runners and talls. The tallest team I've seen for years A's or 'B's. Apart from our ruckman I think they had the 10 tallest players on the field. Their mids worked harder than ours. Will be very hard to stop come Grand Final day.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:28 am

Courtney Fish wrote:The tallest team I've seen for years A's or 'B's.

I'm guessing the great Andrew Rogers wasn't playing then.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:58 am

Junior85 wrote:I'm pretty sure Houghton's Reserves would beat their Seniors.

Stop embarrassing yourself
Q.
Coach

Postby lion heart » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 pm

I couldn't care less to be honest. Houghton are well within the rules and EVERY SINGLE ONE of their players has played more reserves than A grade. Stacking happens in all comps - from memory in SFL you only require 4 games in that grade to be eligible(don't quote me on that)?

Houghton's best 2 players by a mile Keetch and Taylor have had long A grade careers and have every right to play reserves if that's what they choose to do (they aren't exactly spring chickens). As for beating A grade teams i don't think so. Flinders is the only team they might beat.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby Q. » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:19 pm

lion heart wrote:Houghton's best 2 players by a mile Keetch and Taylor have had long A grade careers and have every right to play reserves if that's what they choose to do (they aren't exactly spring chickens).

I think there's one good knee between the two of us
Q.
Coach

Postby lion heart » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Q. wrote:
lion heart wrote:Houghton's best 2 players by a mile Keetch and Taylor have had long A grade careers and have every right to play reserves if that's what they choose to do (they aren't exactly spring chickens).

I think there's one good knee between the two of us

But a hell of a lot of class...
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer